Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Sabres 23/24 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

57 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think we're on the same page here.  The x-factor to me has always been Krebs, who has a lot more game than he gets credit for - the issue (to me) has always been who he's playing with/the role he's been asked to play.  It's definitely outside of how he's been raised in the game but he's an honest player who will apparently do whatever the team asks him to do. 

Krebs just needs to get his center of balance lowered a smidge more so he can win more puck battles.  The kid is fearless.  He also has a truly deft touch on his passes and with a bit more strength and understanding of the NHL game the passes he made that turned into odd man rushes before getting glued to Z & Okie's sides will remain a thing of the pass but he could really become a poor man's Gilmour.

This team has SO MUCH talent that right now just needs to simmer a bit more.  The cool things are, these kids are very close to being there and realistically the only key piece on today's team that's going to be on the downward trajectory when the kids arrive is Skinner.  (And there will still be more kids ready to step in to keep this train rolling for a while.) 

The last decade plus stunk.  But the stench is finally clearing.

• Applause 1

• 4 weeks later...
Jabba The Hutt
7 hours ago, snafu said:

Once Okposo goes, they should just slap the "C" on this man's chest.

Power deserves it and so does Levi, obviously they'd have to change the retarded rule for Levi

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

Alaska Darin

The RJ tribute is very well done.  Obviously the alumni stuff was scheduled for tomorrow, so there was some fortune there.  So many greats there just telling stories.  Awesome job, Sabres.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 5:14 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Me no likey.  For a couple of games, fine.  But this team's colors are blue and gold.

Jennifer Smith is laughing her arse off somewhere.  #### her and the horse she rode in on.  #### her former boyfriend Douggie Moss too.  And #### Edelman too, while we're at it.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Me no likey.  For a couple of games, fine.  But this team's colors are blue and gold.

Jennifer Smith is laughing her arse off somewhere.  #### her and the horse she rode in on.  #### her former boyfriend Douggie Moss too.  And #### Edelman too, while we're at it.

I was never a fan of them or the color change.  I could have been talked into the goat head with swords crossed behind or beneath it if they'd kept the blue/gold.  That said, I own a buncha goat head stuff because...I do.  Someone gave me a hat that said "Sabres" on the front" with a slug on the back...so I took out the slug's stitching and burned it in a backyard ceremony because &#%$ everything about that abortion.

The players pretty clearly love them - they play their asses off when they wear them.  If they have a similar record wearing them...I'm just gonna enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I was never a fan of them or the color change.  I could have been talked into the goat head with swords crossed behind or beneath it if they'd kept the blue/gold.  That said, I own a buncha goat head stuff because...I do.  Someone gave me a hat that said "Sabres" on the front" with a slug on the back...so I took out the slug's stitching and burned it in a backyard ceremony because &#%$ everything about that abortion.

The players pretty clearly love them - they play their asses off when they wear them.  If they have a similar record wearing them...I'm just gonna enjoy it.

Will grant you that the players seem to love them.  But the fanbase fought way too hard to get back to b&g to just walk away from that.  Tradition means something.  Or at least it should.

And this from a guy that owns several Goathead era sweaters and other items.  Still look back fondly on much of that era.  But the Sabres should wear b&g.  (And could see myself spending my Sabrebucks towards a b&r Power sweater.  The things are sharp.  But should be a novelty.)

My 2 cents.

• Sad 1

FYI, for anyone in the Buffalo area, the Sabres are bringing back Fan Fest this year.  It'll be held from 11AM - 6:30PM on Saturday September 16 at KBC and Alumni Plaza.  

The announcement says "fans can take part in hockey skills activations (whatever the f that means), kid zone activities, and watch Sabres players participate in on-stage programming throughout the day."

There'll also be some STH only events during the afternoon.  

Will probably check it out.

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 9/6/2023 at 8:06 PM, Taro T said:

Will grant you that the players seem to love them.  But the fanbase fought way too hard to get back to b&g to just walk away from that.  Tradition means something.  Or at least it should.

And this from a guy that owns several Goathead era sweaters and other items.  Still look back fondly on much of that era.  But the Sabres should wear b&g.  (And could see myself spending my Sabrebucks towards a b&r Power sweater.  The things are sharp.  But should be a novelty.)

My 2 cents.

Should be half and half...

• Boo 2

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

I love confidence, but jeez, just get in the playoffs first.

Adams: Sabres' championship window 'open right now'

Sabres general manager Kevyn Adams addressed the media on Thursday ahead of the start of training camp at KeyBank Center

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/sabres/adams-sabres-championship-window-is-open

They should be there this year.  Injuries (like as bad as hit the D last year across the whole team) or Levi being a mirage are all that can stop them.

Personally expecting 103 points and either WC#1 or 3rd in the division.  Either way, the drought doesn't extend to a bakers dozen of years.

• Cheers 1