Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Israel Has Declared a State of War

Hedge

devnull
44 minutes ago, Boyst said:

it's actually quite amazing how former employers go about this. in the hiring process you can ask former employers very basic questions and get the right response. the best is "would you hire this person again?"

Employers, Recruiters, and HR types have their own little codes to convey information within the bounds

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Yes, Iran needs to b slapped down, hard.  But turning them in to New Jersey is going a step too far!

Nouseforaname
27 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yes, Iran needs to b slapped down, hard.  But turning them in to New Jersey is going a step too far!

Next thing you know the NFL will move the Jets to Tehran though at that point, I would begin questioning if it is cruel and unusual punishment.

"Oh looks like Josh Allen just threw 7 TD's against the Tehran Jets!"

Edited by Nouseforaname
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Next thing you know the NFL will move the Jets to Tehran though at that point, I would begin questioning if it is cruel and unusual punishment.

Iranians would make good Jets fans.  Always bragging about the past, and think they're still world-class despite all evidence to the contrary.

• Haha 5

devnull
30 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Their new chant would be J-E-T-S Death to America!

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • FANtastic 2

4merper4mer
26 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Iranians would make good Jets fans.  Always bragging about the past, and think they're still world-class despite all evidence to the contrary.

Ibrahim Spagnola?

• Haha 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Reports I heard - which are completely unsubstantiated, so I take with a grain of salt - were that this strike was ballistic missiles, not manned aircraft.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Reports I heard - which are completely unsubstantiated, so I take with a grain of salt - were that this strike was ballistic missiles, not manned aircraft.

Hearing the same - and that they targeted the SAM sites. Which means Iran has a big hole in their air defenses until they can buy new ones/Russia can send some (which might be tough considering they're using them in Ukraine). If true, that would make Iran a little less likely to poke the bear until that's shored up. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hearing the same - and that they targeted the SAM sites. Which means Iran has a big hole in their air defenses until they can buy new ones/Russia can send some (which might be tough considering they're using them in Ukraine). If true, that would make Iran a little less likely to poke the bear until that's shored up. 

People - not just Iranians, but Western "defense experts" - have been bragging for years that Iran's SAM systems were dangerous to the point of being undefeatable.

Which just goes to show how much that commentary has been worth.  It ain't the missiles, it's the C3I that counts.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

People - not just Iranians, but Western "defense experts" - have been bragging for years that Iran's SAM systems were dangerous to the point of being undefeatable.

Which just goes to show how much that commentary has been worth.  It ain't the missiles, it's the C3I that counts.

what are the big bases in iran? i feel like looking at them on google earth since it is a slow day at work.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Boyst said:

what are the big bases in iran? i feel like looking at them on google earth since it is a slow day at work.

Off the top of my head...Bandar Abbas, Bander Busheir, Tabriz, Isfahan.  There's got to be a couple around Tehran, too.  

• O Rly 1
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

I think they'd still be called the NY Jets.

• Applause 4

Nouseforaname
Just now, snafu said:

I think they'd still be called the NY Jets.

You're right.  Wouldn't make a difference because they were never actually in New York.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

CarpetCrawler
3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

You're right.  Wouldn't make a difference because they were never actually in New York.

They played at Shea Stadium in Flushing, which is in the NYC Boro of Queen in the State of NY from 1964 to 1983.

• Like 3

Let’s not forget the Polo Grounds. 
The Polo Grounds also was a premier venue for professional and college football for decades, hosting hundreds of games.  It was the home field for Fordham and Columbia and hosted many traditional Ivy League rivals, as well as the revered Army-Navy game nine times.  The Polo Grounds was home turf for the New York Giants football team (referred to as the “Football Giants” by the newspapers for clarity) from 1925-1955 and later, the New York Jets (originally the Titans), for their initial three seasons, 1962-1964, in the upstart AFL before its merger with the NFL in 1966.” Polo Grounds History

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Uncle Joe
2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Let’s not forget the Polo Grounds. 
The Polo Grounds also was a premier venue for professional and college football for decades, hosting hundreds of games.  It was the home field for Fordham and Columbia and hosted many traditional Ivy League rivals, as well as the revered Army-Navy game nine times.  The Polo Grounds was home turf for the New York Giants football team (referred to as the “Football Giants” by the newspapers for clarity) from 1925-1955 and later, the New York Jets (originally the Titans), for their initial three seasons, 1962-1964, in the upstart AFL before its merger with the NFL in 1966.” Polo Grounds History

Home of The Seven Blocks of Granite. They even named trophy for one of them.

Edited by Uncle Joe

15 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Home of The Seven Blocks of Granite. They even named trophy for one of them.

Yeah, it was Vic, Vance, Vin, Vince somebody. I keep fergettin'.  🤔

devnull
26 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yeah, it was Vic, Vance, Vin, Vince somebody. I keep fergettin'.  🤔

Vespasian?