Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Bills vs. Broncos - Week #10

Ann

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Allen has more ability than any player we’ve had here since maybe……ever. Maybe Bruce Smith but nobody else.  When you have a player like that you rely on him.  He’s become unreliable.  Until and unless he grows up, it won’t matter who coaches.  If he does grow up, then things can change.  I don’t think it’s realistic to expect that in 2023.  This off-season will be the most important in Allen’s career and Bills history.

Really? Because it seems the coaching staff has broken him by wanting him to pass always. Even tonight he had several wide open lanes to run, and he didn’t.

His completion percentage is way up, yet somehow he seems “off.” I know he’s injured, but the hesitancy seems to have hurt his play.

(yes, I saw a few designed runs, but that isn’t what I am talking about.)

• Like 4

It's over for McDermott.  He's lost his team. They can either fire him at the end of this year and salvage the core, or they can whither away over the next few years and fire him after going 5-12 in few years.

This is no longer the team we saw in 2020-2022. There is no spark or confidence.  Drops, penalties, fumbles, etc.  The 12 men penalty is emblematic of a disorganized team. Even had they squeaked by tonight, it doesn't change the fact they never play a full game of focused, smart football.  I don't know how anyone can look at Allen sitting alone on the bench with a glazed look on his face, and then turn the ball over multiple times on bad plays, and not conclude he desperately needs a new coaching environment.  It all points to the head coach.

Give him credit for doing a good job with the defense this year under the circumstances, but he has no answers on the offense and has never been a good game manager. I'm sure he'll be in high demand for DC roles after a year off.

And no, changing out the OC won't help. You're not getting anyone good and proven to work under a HC who can not provide help on that side of the ball.  They need a strong, veteran hc who understands how to craft and run a high powered offense.  Until that change is made, this team is going nowhere but down.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I dunno. I think coaching can elevate players. Do you think if Sean Peyton was our HC, we'd be seeing this from Josh. Or... the rest of the team for that matter?

I’m not in the mindset to absolve McD but Payton is a coke head spotlight hog clown and I’m glad he’ll never be our coach.

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Wow it took him 10 games. Most here saw this 4 games ago. What took him so long?

Edited by Rochesterny

7 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Wow it took him 10 games. Most here saw this 4 games ago. What took him so long?

He saw it then too. He just had to act like he didn’t in public.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ann said:

Really? Because it seems the coaching staff has broken him by wanting him to pass always. Even tonight he had several wide open lanes to run, and he didn’t.

His completion percentage is way up, yet somehow he seems “off.” I know he’s injured, but the hesitancy seems to have hurt his play.

(yes, I saw a few designed runs, but that isn’t what I am talking about.)

It’s never all on one person so don’t think I’m laying all of this at Allen’s feet.  That said, I am the biggest factor in my own success or failure as you are in yours.  Yes, there are outside influences, but pointing fingers solves nothing.

He’s making dumb throws weekly.  For Pete’s sake he missed a handoff tonight.  He needs to pull his head out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m not in the mindset to absolve McD but Payton is a coke head spotlight hog clown and I’m glad he’ll never be our coach.

Payton, in particular, wasn't the real gist of my post.  He was chosen because he was on the other side of the ball tonight. My point was that a HC can raise players above who they might otherwise be and get the best out of them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It’s never all on one person so don’t think I’m laying all of this at Allen’s feet.  That said, I am the biggest factor in my own success or failure as you are in yours.  Yes, there are outside influences, but pointing fingers solves nothing.

He’s making dumb throws weekly.  For Pete’s sake he missed a handoff tonight.  He needs to pull his head out.

For all the issues this team has, QB ain’t one of ‘em.

• Like 2
  • O Rly 1

23 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It's over for McDermott.  He's lost his team. They can either fire him at the end of this year and salvage the core, or they can whither away over the next few years and fire him after going 5-12 in few years.

This is no longer the team we saw in 2020-2022. There is no spark or confidence.  Drops, penalties, fumbles, etc.  The 12 men penalty is emblematic of a disorganized team. Even had they squeaked by tonight, it doesn't change the fact they never play a full game of focused, smart football.  I don't know how anyone can look at Allen sitting alone on the bench with a glazed look on his face, and then turn the ball over multiple times on bad plays, and not conclude he desperately needs a new coaching environment.  It all points to the head coach.

Give him credit for doing a good job with the defense this year under the circumstances, but he has no answers on the offense and has never been a good game manager. I'm sure he'll be in high demand for DC roles after a year off.

And no, changing out the OC won't help. You're not getting anyone good and proven to work under a HC who can not provide help on that side of the ball.  They need a strong, veteran hc who understands how to craft and run a high powered offense.  Until that change is made, this team is going nowhere but down.

I’m not in disagreement with most of this, but the Allen stuff?  Does he get a lollipop with his new coach?  How about growing up instead of “glazed look”?

McDermott brought order to chaos and got the team very close to the top of the NFL.  He’s not some useless clown.  Something is clearly amiss and my best guess is that no one is completely responsible and no one is completely blameless ….except maybe Diggs honestly.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Boo 1

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

For all the issues this team has, QB ain’t one of ‘em.

Yes.  It is.

If Allen plays to his capabilities, QB is not an issue. Is Allen playing to his capabilities?

• Boo 1

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m not in disagreement with most of this, but the Allen stuff?  Does he get a lollipop with his new coach?  How about growing up instead of “glazed look”?

McDermott brought order to chaos and got the team very close to the top of the NFL.  He’s not some useless clown.  Something is clearly amiss and my best guess is that no one is completely responsible and no one is completely blameless ….except maybe Diggs honestly.

You keep excusing the coaching and ignoring the link between the way they have changed Allen’s style of play and the results on the field.  Allen didn’t suddenly wake up without confidence, it was beat out of him by his coaches.  Your plan of telling him ‘just grow up’ is not likely to yield the desired results.

It’s been discussed here before. There are certain guys who make good turnaround CEOs.  They are usually not the same guy who you hire to lead high growth.  McDermott has run his course here.  He is not getting this team over the hump.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Would it surprise anyone if we beat the Chiefs, Eagles and Cowboys, back-to-back-to-back, and yet still finish 8-9?

They won't run the gauntlet, but will beat at least one and show just enough in a loss against another to give us all a sliver of hope before breaking our hearts

• Like 1