Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Bills vs. Broncos - Week #10

Ann

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Allen has more ability than any player we’ve had here since maybe……ever. Maybe Bruce Smith but nobody else.  When you have a player like that you rely on him.  He’s become unreliable.  Until and unless he grows up, it won’t matter who coaches.  If he does grow up, then things can change.  I don’t think it’s realistic to expect that in 2023.  This off-season will be the most important in Allen’s career and Bills history.

I'm done with it. He's stupid and sloppy far too often and all the razzle dazzle doesn't change that.

There's an opportunity now to move on, think the team should take it 

• clown 1

37 minutes ago, Ann said:

For all the issues this team has, QB ain’t one of ‘em.

Bold statement considering he cost the team three turnovers, two of which were clearly his fault, in another losing effort to a bad team. Lot of that this year, including week 1.

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

You keep excusing the coaching and ignoring the link between the way they have changed Allen’s style of play and the results on the field.  Allen didn’t suddenly wake up without confidence, it was beat out of him by his coaches.  Your plan of telling him ‘just grow up’ is not likely to yield the desired results.

It’s been discussed here before. There are certain guys who make good turnaround CEOs.  They are usually not the same guy who you hire to lead high growth.  McDermott has run his course here.  He is not getting this team over the hump.

I’m not excusing shit.  I agree 100% about your CEO analogy and McD could very well fit that.  There is also no guarantee on the next guy.

But all the crap absolving Allen sounds like helicopter parenting of a kindergartner.  Little Billy can do know wrong, it’s the teacher’s fault.  Well I agree little Billy has high potential, but for him to reach it, he can’t sit and pout stomp his feet.  He needs to man up.

• Like 1

No coach could do the job he's doing with the amount of significant injuries on the defensive unit.

No coach could do the job he's doing with that talented and 100% healthy (bessides Josh's shoulder) offensive unit.

This year sucks. Madden cursed the whole damn team.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, LB3 said:

No coach could do the job he's doing with the amount of significant injuries on the defensive unit.

No coach could do the job he's doing with that talented and 100% healthy (bessides Josh's shoulder) offensive unit.

Clever 

I think a large part of Allen's regression is that he doesn't trust the playcalling.

But he's also learned he can't do it alone.

He's confused, dejected, and depressed in his current situation and needs some guidance.

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler
1 hour ago, LB3 said:

I really, really hope you are right.....

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Nanker said:

WTF. I need a vacation from this shit. 

C-Ya. 

You and the entire bills fan base. All I want in my lifetime is to see our beloved bills win one d$mn Super Bowl just one freaking one. Our community, region, fan base deserve 1. What the h$ll. I’m not getting any younger.

• Cheers 1

I read some thing that struck me so I will share. 

Playoff-caliber teams, with their season on the line, play crisp football, avoid backbreaking mistakes, react to stressful situations with composure and find a way to win.”

This season is so disappointing and heartbreaking especially when a lot of it is self inflicted 

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

McDermott needs to get a professional grade oc that will hold Allen accountable and get in face when he does dumb things and DC. McDermott need to focus being head coach.

this team will need retooling and beane should be pissed and begin processing retooling now imo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

9 hours ago, Foxx said:

McD is coaching the rest of the year for his job.

Nah, McD need to be fire today or on black Monday. Can't go forward with his incompetence and expect different results, we all know what that is.

Josh Allen is NOT the issue in Buffalo. The Bills NEED to revamp the entire coaching staff if they want any chance at a Super Bowl while Josh is in his prime.

Although Allen may have been the problem tonight, he’s statistically still a Top-5 QB.

• 246 completions (2nd in NFL)

• 70.3% comp percentage (T-2nd in NFL)

• 2,600 passing yards (4th in NFL)

• 19 passing TD’s (T-1st in NFL)

The BEST thing the Bills can do is make a run for Tee Higgins/ draft a WR (Keon Coleman, Rome Odunze, Malik Nabers) this off-season.

Gabe Davis is NOT a reliable WR2.

What happens over this off-season will determine the trajectory of the rest of Allen’s career

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2