Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Explosion at the Rainbow Bridge

MothersMilk

Mark Poloncarz
@markpoloncarz
All WNY bridge crossings between the US and Canada have been closed due to an incident at the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls. Our 
@ErieCountyESU
 and per Sheriff John Garcia the 
@ECSONY1
 are monitoring the situation and stand ready to assist.
1:15 PM · Nov 22, 2023

• Like 2

Just now, Foxx said:

The largest travel day of the year...

Foxx... they are now saying that this was a terrorist attack, the Gov is heading up there. Can you please move this to another area of the board, it was just first thought of as a random vehicle explosion... but now it's much more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I guess we know why they issued that terror alert for NYS yesterday. 

I guess I missed that. Would you happen to have a link?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think there is still some pretty crappy speculation going on, Fox is reporting it was going from the US to Canada, but initial that I'm seeing was the opposite which makes more sense id it blew up at the US checkpoint. 

I'm also willing to bet blowing up on the bridge wasn't the original intent, more likely a much bigger target once across and i hate to speculate now what that target was. But the fact they have shut down the other 3 bridges now makes me think they suspect more coming

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I see it was Catherine Herridge that reported it. She said it is in relation to the Israel Hamas war going on...

Yeah, Hochul had a press conference yesterday to announce heightened awareness because of chatter and Adams was on this morning with more of the same for NYC. Guess neither suspected it coming from Canada to WNY. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I wonder if it was heading to NYC for the parade tomorrow morning? 

That is an interesting thought for sure. Apparently they are looking for a 2nd vehicle...

• Like 1
  • Doh! 1