Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Explosion at the Rainbow Bridge

MothersMilk

12 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I wonder if it was heading to NYC for the parade tomorrow morning? 

8 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

That is an interesting thought for sure. Apparently they are looking for a 2nd vehicle...

Could very well be, my own first thought was Sabres but I see they're in DC tonight thank goodness. Macy's would be a huge target for them though live on national TV

Edited by Cinga
  • Cheers 2

This wouldn't surprise me, as there seems to be much less collateral damage than there would be with a vehicle laden with explosives

• Like 1
  • O Rly 2

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

This is exactly what I thought might have happened at first glance. Anyone that has been across any of the bridges knows the majority of the time you get through checkpoint and your on your way. Once of the dozens of times I went across back in the day only once was told to pull over to a secondary point they had more questions for me. It was nothing really, just pulled over to the side where they had spots marked out, quick search and a few more questions and I was on my way but of course terrorists wouldn't want that search to happen and wouldn't want to "waste" their explosives.

I always went across the Peace Bridge btw, never crossed the others. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Hedge said:

This wouldn't surprise me, as there seems to be much less collateral damage than there would be with a vehicle laden with explosives

Serious question, how do you search a vehicle that no longer exists for explosives? From the images, here is the engine out of what's left of it

image.png.50e7f410e2f7def45f72a0af269e82fb.png

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Yeah, Hochul had a press conference yesterday to announce heightened awareness because of chatter and Adams was on this morning with more of the same for NYC. Guess neither suspected it coming from Canada to WNY. 

But was it?

Looks like it was going from US to Canada. And Hochul says that the State has resources "ready to assist".  If this happened in NYS, why would the be ready to assist?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Serious question, how do you search a vehicle that no longer exists for explosives? From the images, here is the engine out of what's left of it

image.png.50e7f410e2f7def45f72a0af269e82fb.png

There are quite a few ways to still determine what caused the blast. I imagine there are even more than what this document (from Janet Reno's days) now lists on pages 13/14.

https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/181869.pdf

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

And Hochul says that the State has resources "ready to assist".  If this happened in NYS, why would the be ready to assist?

If the FBI is involved from the possible terrorist aspect, doesn't that supersede the state? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Hedge said:

If the FBI is involved from the possible terrorist aspect, doesn't that supersede the state? 

I guess, but it seems like they'd need State resources, as well.

And is this really confirmed to be a terrorist act?

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I guess, but it seems like they'd need State resources, as well.

And is this really confirmed to be a terrorist act?

The FBI investigated hoax nooses at a race track, so confirmation of anything doesn't seem to be a pre-requisite to them taking the lead.

• Like 2