Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Explosion at the Rainbow Bridge

MothersMilk

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Cinga said:

It's not really that big but apparently this is the blast

I've seen enough bomb footage to know that's small.

Also has a lot of flames for an intentional bomb.  That looks more like someone rear-ending a Pinto.

Crap Throwing Clavin
58 minutes ago, Hedge said:

If that were a car bomb, half that toll plaza would be rubble.  Hell, that first picture is taken through a window - if that were a car bomb, that window would be shattered.  

Either the authorities are misleadingly labeling this a "car bomb/terrorist bomb" to scare people.  Or this is a terrorist incompetent on a "blow up a plane by lighting your nuts on fire" level.  Honestly...they're both equally likely.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Briefcase/Suitcase found at scene being treated as possibly containing explosives

sounds like buildings need to be made of whatever that briefcase/suitcase was if it was so blast resistant.

Next they will just happen to find a Russian passport in this bag.

edit: and a MAGA hat

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Just heard that the Buffalo airport is now closed to all international flights coming or going.

Clearly the NFL is trying to keep the Bills from traveling to Philly, so they'll forfeit the game and stay out of the playoffs.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Clearly the NFL is trying to keep the Bills from traveling to Philly, so they'll forfeit the game and stay out of the playoffs.  

Philly is fairly close... book the busses.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
39 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Serious question, how do you search a vehicle that no longer exists for explosives? From the images, here is the engine out of what's left of it

image.png.50e7f410e2f7def45f72a0af269e82fb.png

46 minutes ago, Foxx said:

If the eyewitness account is true, the car crashing in to an obstacle alone is enough to completely obliterate the car to that degree.  

To answer your question, though - explosives leave identifiable residue, and an easily identifiable blast signature.  And no explosive is ever completely consumed in an explosion - the explosive blows itself apart as it's exploding, leaving unexploded explosive residue.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

According to an FBI spokesperson, the attack appears to have been targeted against a trans-pride parade.  As reported by Charissa Thompson.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If the eyewitness account is true, the car crashing in to an obstacle alone is enough to completely obliterate the car to that degree.  

To answer your question, though - explosives leave identifiable residue, and an easily identifiable blast signature.  And no explosive is ever completely consumed in an explosion - the explosive blows itself apart as it's exploding, leaving unexploded explosive residue.  

I understand the residue thing, my point was actually how could they possibly know there were no explosives in a vehicle that no longer existed due to those non-explosives from Hedge initial post

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

No shit?  I was pretty sure of that within five minutes of pictures.  Again: one of those pictures above is taken through a pane of glass that would be completely obliterated if this were any sort of halfway competent bomb.  Even the Tsarnaev's pressure-cooker bomb would have caused more damage.

But all that really means is that they're going to blame MAGA Republicans.  WERE it a terrorist attack, they'd call it a "Palestinian" terrorist attack.  Since it's not, they'll call it a right-wing extremist terrorist attack.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I understand the residue thing, my point was actually how could they possibly know there were no explosives in a vehicle that no longer existed due to those non-explosives from Hedge initial post

Debris from the car.  In brief: explosive shockwaves propagate outwards and apply a shearing force.  Collisions propagate inward with a crushing force.  An explosion, you'd see body panels scattered widely with ragged, shorn edges edges bent outward.  A car accident, you'd see less scattering, and panels crumpled.

It's actually pretty easy to determine with only a little experience.  And doesn't mean there weren't explosives in the car, just that they didn't go off, if there were.  But if that were the case, the explosives would still be intact, and you'd find them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But all that really means is that they're going to blame MAGA Republicans.  WERE it a terrorist attack, they'd call it a "Palestinian" terrorist attack.  Since it's not, they'll call it a right-wing extremist terrorist attack.

This, and in fact I was just stupid and switched to CNN for a couple minutes and they had someone on speculating domestic terrorism.... Why do I damage my brain like that? Those idiots hurt worse than drugs

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

According to an FBI spokesperson, the attack appears to have been targeted against a trans-pride parade.  As reported by Charissa Thompson.

That's what I thought when I heard it was the rainbow bridge/

Usually I wouldn't make fun of death and destruction but since only the idiots died...

The car was going 90-100mph down Niagara Street directly towards the Rainbow Bridge, swerved  around a car, hit a fence there ent airborne and then exploded. Wan't being chased by any police. Occupants of car (2) dead. Border Patrol officer injured, but treated at scene and released. All bridges closed. Police searching all cars going to Buffalo Airport.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Cinga said:

This, and in fact I was just stupid and switched to CNN for a couple minutes and they had someone on speculating domestic terrorism.... Why do I damage my brain like that? Those idiots hurt worse than drugs

It was really a hypersonic missile fired by Rudy Giuliani on Trump's orders.  From a guided missile submarine out of the underwater base in Lake Erie that is so top secret only I know about it.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Wacka said:

Police searching all card going to Buffalo Airport.

For a car accident.  At an international border.  If this were at a Wal-Mart, they wouldn't worry about the airport.

We live in a stupid country.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It was really a hypersonic missile fired by Rudy Giuliani on Trump's orders.  From a guided missile submarine out of the underwater base in Lake Erie that is so top secret only I know about it.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!

Missile huh? And it was white too! Here is the car going airborne before the crash