Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Bills vs. Eagles - Week #12

Ann

Geary's take

This team has been poisoned by a culture of playing not to lose instead of playing to win. It works when your franchise was in a two-decades long spiral. But it only gets you so far. They have reached their ceiling with this coach and I sincerely hope ownership doesn’t waste another year of Josh Allen’s prime with this guy.

• FANtastic 1
  • Yes and No 1

That game…

The Bills make things harder on themselves than they should.  The second drive when Cook dropped a sure TD and then two consecutive false starts took them out of field goal range. 

The referees make it harder on the Bills than they should.  The non-call horse collar/bad intentional grounding call inside the 10 yard line resulted in a blocked FG attempt.

They never win close, down-to-the-wire games.

• Like 3

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, snafu said:

That game…

The Bills make things harder on themselves than they should.  The second drive when Cook dropped a sure TD and then two consecutive false starts took them out of field goal range. 

The referees make it harder on the Bills than they should.  The non-call horse collar/bad intentional grounding call inside the 10 yard line resulted in a blocked FG attempt.

They never win close, down-to-the-wire games.

That didn’t matter in the end since they got the ball back and scored before the half.

The call that irked me, the fumble that wasn’t a fumble.

• Like 1

Not only does the coach have to be looked at but the type of players they have. Maybe time to examine which players have that killer instinct and which one do not and weed them out. Imo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Geary's take

This team has been poisoned by a culture of playing not to lose instead of playing to win. It works when your franchise was in a two-decades long spiral. But it only gets you so far. They have reached their ceiling with this coach and I sincerely hope ownership doesn’t waste another year of Josh Allen’s prime with this guy.

Sadly, I think this is the case. I also think the Pegulas give him another year to figure it out. As much as his defense annoys the hell out of me in crunch time, he has earned that much. Go back to head coaching Sean. You are a great leader. Hire a DC and let him run the defense without meddling. Cut the offense loose and let Josh be the stone cold killer he is. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

500+ yards of offense, 2-1 time of possession, and still lose

It doesn’t matter how much you dominate the stats if you:

1) Leave 17+ points on the field

2) The refs are hell bent on favoring your opponent 

3) Have spent the last half century finding new and creative ways to lose huge games in spectacular fashion.

1 hour ago, Ninety-4 said:

This game hurts (no pun intended), but the earlier losses this year piss me off far more.  

Agreed.  Had they been 8-3 or 9-2 like they should have been, this loss is much easier to take.

That’s what, four losses on games they had right in their hands in the last minute?  Unbelievable.

• Cheers 4