Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Which Drivers Really Piss You Off?

Keukasmallie

Keukasmallie

Permit me to offer up my top candidate:  The no-turn-signal motorist.  Some people must have purchased slightly discounted vehicles, the ones without that lever sticking out of the left side of the steering column.  Changing lanes, no indication; turning, no notice required, etc.  Of course, there are some drivers who do use the turn signal in unique ways; they want you to know they will turn at some point ahead -  about a quarter mile ahead; others firmly believe the turn signal is only for 90° movements and ignore telling you about a lane change.  My favorite is the person who turns their signal on just as they complete the maneuver...the "see what I just did" motorist."

Your turn [no pun intended].

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

RochesterRob

Has to be the driver the follows so close you can't see his front end from your mirrors.  Just last Saturday some driver came up tight behind me as I was making a turn which was signaled a few hundred feet ahead of a driveway.  Must be where he comes from people make 90 degree turns while driving 60 MPH.  Stop sign runners are getting to be very common and some of them only slowdown to 40-45 MPH while turning.  People are also poorly adapted to driving on hills where visibility can be reduced greatly depending on the proximity to the top.  Last fall I made a signaled turn from the top of a hill at an intersection and had somebody come right on my tail.  I think if he had driven the posted speed limit which was 45 MPH that would not have happened.  

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Cheers 1

Keukasmallie

Tell  me about stop signs!  In NYS there must be a law that says a driver doesn't have to stop if it appears no one is coming from the crossing direction, if the stop sign is in a parking area, if one comes upon a stop sign either early in the AM or late at night when no one else is about. Additionally, slowing to six miles an hour counts as a full stop....yeah, that's also "true."

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Permit me to offer up my top candidate:  The no-turn-signal motorist.  Some people must have purchased slightly discounted vehicles, the ones without that lever sticking out of the left side of the steering column.  Changing lanes, no indication; turning, no notice required, etc.  Of course, there are some drivers who do use the turn signal in unique ways; they want you to know they will turn at some point ahead -  about a quarter mile ahead; others firmly believe the turn signal is only for 90° movements and ignore telling you about a lane change.  My favorite is the person who turns their signal on just as they complete the maneuver...the "see what I just did" motorist."

Your turn [no pun intended].

Can't use turn signals in DC.  If you tell people what you intend to do, they actively try to stop you.

Biggest pet peeve: people who back in to parking spaces.  You're not saving yourself any time, and you're mostly just gridlocking the parking lot while you try to back in to the spot.  

Second biggest pet peeve: people trying to make a left turn on a busy multi-lane street, who pull halfway out into the street and block traffic approaching from their left, waiting for an opening in traffic coming from their right.  Dammit, if you can't wait for an opening in BOTH directions, just make the right, then make the U-turn first chance you get.  It's not illegal, probably quicker than what you're doing, likely much safer than what you're doing, and CERTAINLY less annoying.

Third biggest: people who have the right of way but yield it to someone else.  Great...you're coming to a complete stop in the middle of the road and backing up traffic, making yourself a goddamn nuisance to dozens of people so one person could pull out into traffic...and doubtlessly stop and wait for an opening in the opposite traffic flow, because they were making a left turn.

Basically, anyone who doesn't understand that part of the reason the rules of the road exist is to FACILITATE traffic flow really pisses me off.  Stop &#%$ing up traffic and thinking you're being polite and safe, you idiots.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Can't use turn signals in DC.  If you tell people what you intend to do, they actively try to stop you.

Biggest pet peeve: people who back in to parking spaces.  You're not saving yourself any time, and you're mostly just gridlocking the parking lot while you try to back in to the spot.  

Second biggest pet peeve: people trying to make a left turn on a busy multi-lane street, who pull halfway out into the street and block traffic approaching from their left, waiting for an opening in traffic coming from their right.  Dammit, if you can't wait for an opening in BOTH directions, just make the right, then make the U-turn first chance you get.  It's not illegal, probably quicker than what you're doing, likely much safer than what you're doing, and CERTAINLY less annoying.

Third biggest: people who have the right of way but yield it to someone else.  Great...you're coming to a complete stop in the middle of the road and backing up traffic, making yourself a goddamn nuisance to dozens of people so one person could pull out into traffic...and doubtlessly stop and wait for an opening in the opposite traffic flow, because they were making a left turn.

Basically, anyone who doesn't understand that part of the reason the rules of the road exist is to FACILITATE traffic flow really pisses me off.  Stop &#%$ing up traffic and thinking you're being polite and safe, you idiots.

You live in the DC area?

• Haha 1

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Biggest pet peeve: people who back in to parking spaces.

You have seen me park? I do it because it makes my bride nervous. 

Answer to the post: Subaru drivers in the left lane.

• Haha 1

Uncle Joe

Right now, whenever I have cruise control on and someone pulls out in front of me and I have to hit the brakes. 

Also leaving Salem there is one lane that lets you onto the bridge. Of course the important people take the other lane to get ahead and EXPECT you to stop and let them in 3 blocks later.

Deep breath. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Those drivers who think they own the left lane and act as speed control. Get over, it's state law, you freakin' moron.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3

The Guy In Pants

Where the &#%$ do I start? In no particular order

1 - You're approaching a driver on a 4 lane. Both of you are in the right lane. Your cruise control is set to 4 over. You check your mirrors and signal left. You merge into the left lane and as you are attempting to pass them they speed up and ride side by side with you. As you speed up, they speed up. After all; you can't be in front of them. &#%$ them.

2 - It's dark. Everyone has their headlights on. One &#%$ stick rides behind you with their high beams on. &#%$ them.

3 - 4 Lane interstate. Car in left lane refusing to pass the car on the right. Line of traffic behind them. &#%$ them.

4 - Stop light. Beautiful afternoon. Your window is down and your arm is out the window. Some Motel 6 sheet stain rolls up behind you and revs their engine so the exhaust makes a loud popping sound. &#%$ them.

5 - Speed limit is 55. 2 lane road. You are behind someone who seems to be picking their speed like lottery numbers; 56, 13, 32, 27, 59, 11, 72. &#%$ them.

6 - Interstate traffic is moving great on your commute home. The right lane ends but you already know this because you travel it every single day. Everyone except this one @*#^. He knows the lane is ending but cannot stomach the idea of being 4 cars behind where he could be. He floors his overpriced Lexus SUV and causes everyone to brake which sends a shockwave through the traffic and suddenly traffic is rubber-banding for the next 4 miles. &#%$ them.

7 - Mile marker 134 and here comes a merge lane. you are in the right lane with your cruise set at 70, speed limit 70. The left lane is clogged so you can't move over. Toyota minivan and a Chevy Silverado are merging into traffic moving at a good click of 35 MPH and ride their merge lane until it surprises them by ending and they swoop over into traffic and act like everyone else is the problem. &#%$ them.

8 - The cars that were sold without the turn signal package. &#%$ them. 

9 - The guy at the 4 way stop who cant count to 4. &#%$ them.

10 - The lady with her head buried in her phone who almost side swipes you on the interstate. &#%$ them. 

11 - Left lane traffic police. &#%$ them. (added after reading post above)

Before you call me an @$$h@l& or just someone who isn't happy. I am very happy. Happy until people. 

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

The Guy In Pants
10 minutes ago, devnull said:

Aggressive weavers

The guys who keep changing lanes to get ahead of everyone

But never &#%$ing gets anywhere because his retarded friends already caused the bottleneck we are now all stuck in. &#%$ them.

• Haha 1

The driver at a red light who won’t stop their car on the road sensor. And as a result the light never changes in their favor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

The Guy In Pants
28 minutes ago, snafu said:

The driver at a red light who won’t stop their car on the road sensor. And as a result the light never changes in their favor.

Totally forgot about those rat bastards 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Uncle Joe
31 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

Yikes, some pissed off people behind the wheel, eh?

You were expecting Canadians?

• Haha 4
  • Cheers 1

RochesterRob
3 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Where the &#%$ do I start? In no particular order

1 - You're approaching a driver on a 4 lane. Both of you are in the right lane. Your cruise control is set to 4 over. You check your mirrors and signal left. You merge into the left lane and as you are attempting to pass them they speed up and ride side by side with you. As you speed up, they speed up. After all; you can't be in front of them. &#%$ them.

2 - It's dark. Everyone has their headlights on. One &#%$ stick rides behind you with their high beams on. &#%$ them.

3 - 4 Lane interstate. Car in left lane refusing to pass the car on the right. Line of traffic behind them. &#%$ them.

4 - Stop light. Beautiful afternoon. Your window is down and your arm is out the window. Some Motel 6 sheet stain rolls up behind you and revs their engine so the exhaust makes a loud popping sound. &#%$ them.

5 - Speed limit is 55. 2 lane road. You are behind someone who seems to be picking their speed like lottery numbers; 56, 13, 32, 27, 59, 11, 72. &#%$ them.

6 - Interstate traffic is moving great on your commute home. The right lane ends but you already know this because you travel it every single day. Everyone except this one @*#^. He knows the lane is ending but cannot stomach the idea of being 4 cars behind where he could be. He floors his overpriced Lexus SUV and causes everyone to brake which sends a shockwave through the traffic and suddenly traffic is rubber-banding for the next 4 miles. &#%$ them.

7 - Mile marker 134 and here comes a merge lane. you are in the right lane with your cruise set at 70, speed limit 70. The left lane is clogged so you can't move over. Toyota minivan and a Chevy Silverado are merging into traffic moving at a good click of 35 MPH and ride their merge lane until it surprises them by ending and they swoop over into traffic and act like everyone else is the problem. &#%$ them.

8 - The cars that were sold without the turn signal package. &#%$ them. 

9 - The guy at the 4 way stop who cant count to 4. &#%$ them.

10 - The lady with her head buried in her phone who almost side swipes you on the interstate. &#%$ them. 

11 - Left lane traffic police. &#%$ them. (added after reading post above)

Before you call me an @$$h@l& or just someone who isn't happy. I am very happy. Happy until people. 

Number 6 is a major pet peeve of mine.  Offenders should undergo some form of corporal punishment such as flogging.  

I will on the rare occasion yield the right of way if I sense a moron with a temper problem.  Clues include that person rolling past the stop sign until they are inches from traffic coming from their left and right.  They exhibit exaggerated head movements like they have a swarm of bees stinging them.  I want no interaction with them and if an incident were to happen you can count on them to be hysterical liars.  Avoid them at all costs.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I'm going to confess to sometimes being that dude...because in any line-up for an exit, there's almost always one dumbass leaving three car lengths between him and the guy in front of him, leaving space for me to get in to.

BUT...if there isn't, I just go on my merry way and turn around down the road at the next exit.  I don't stop and sit there and block the whole road waiting for someone to let me in.  You rolls the dice and takes your chances...

And I want to add to my list: people who are in the wrong lane for a turn...and turn anyway.  "Oh, I'm in the far right lane, but wanted to make a left.  I'll just cross all six lanes of traffic."  Either inching their way across six lanes, or just blindly flying across all six.  Just...damn it, go down the road, make a U-turn.  Why do SO many people have such awful conceptual problems with U-turns?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Foxx said:

Those drivers who think they own the left lane and act as speed control. Get over, it's state law, you freakin' moron.

The inverse of that is when you are in a line of cars doing 80 in the left lane, gradually but steadily passing the cars in the right lane.  But some @$$h@l& needs to ride up on your bumper so that he can get past you and then only be in a line of 37 cars instead of 38.

9 hours ago, snafu said:

Those people are even better when the light is clearly broken but they don't try to get through the intersection.  I've concluded those are merely stupid people who don't understand how or why the lights change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2