Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Which Drivers Really Piss You Off?

Keukasmallie

CarpetCrawler
On 4/8/2024 at 6:49 PM, mead107 said:

Most times I do 10 over the speed limit on the north way, thruway. And up to 15 o. The mass pike

From my experience, you're good on the Northway if you keep it under 80, if they clock you at 80....you're getting pulled over. I usually set my cruise control for 76 or 77 and have no worries.

But be careful those first few miles north of Albany, and also on 787 if you ever go that way around the city. The limits there are 55 and my father-in-law was ticketed in both places doing 75.

CarpetCrawler
13 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I don't like going more than 10ish. My luck; I'd floor it and old Buford T Justice would be sitting with a birds eye view. I get a ticket for aggressive driving and &#%$ tits gets a laugh for the rest of the day. 

I've had radar detectors for the last 30 years at least, they've saved me countless times, I wouldn't drive without one.

• Like 1

MothersMilk

If you have good tunes there is no need to go over 5 over the limit. This doesn't apply to small towns though. 

The Guy In Pants
10 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I've had radar detectors for the last 30 years at least, they've saved me countless times, I wouldn't drive without one.

Remember that time Rosie O'Donnell was mistaken for a fat dude? That's the kind of luck I have. Probably would alert the cops I was speeding instead of alerting me that they are there lol

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 4/8/2024 at 6:41 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

Like it's their God-given right to go whatever speed they want in the left lane and they are the protector of the lane. Anyone who wants to pass them is a challenge to their manhood and must be fended off. Forking ice wholes.

THAT annoys the living shit out of me.  Amateur traffic cops.  You want to be a traffic cop?  Then join law enforcement and be a traffic cop, @$$h@l&.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Guy In Pants
16 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

THAT annoys the living shit out of me.  Amateur traffic cops.  You want to be a traffic cop?  Then join law enforcement and be a traffic cop, @$$h@l&.  

Yes. 

RochesterRob
6 hours ago, Ann said:

I don't recall the number of accidents we see today with 4 corner intersections many years ago.  Aggressive driving, failure to know the rules for going through an intersection, and intoxicated driving made those intersections dangerous.  Failing to use turn signals among other things can make roundabouts just as dangerous.  Many roads in New York need repair work but we will yield (pun intended) to people who can barely function in society by building traffic circles.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't recall the number of accidents we see today with 4 corner intersections many years ago.  Aggressive driving, failure to know the rules for going through an intersection, and intoxicated driving made those intersections dangerous.  Failing to use turn signals among other things can make roundabouts just as dangerous.  Many roads in New York need repair work but we will yield (pun intended) to people who can barely function in society by building traffic circles.  

I love traffic circles. My area could benefit greatly from them instead of 4-way stops.

ExiledInIllinois
1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I just pulled out of work today and it was backed up going left (west)... So I turned east, right and take the slower way home... Get on expressway a little further away. Some lady passing everyone in line going west in my oncoming east lanes.  Almost a head on collision💥.  We both stopped. Gave her the evil eye for like 20 seconds and rode up the curb to right to get around her. 

People are simply insane. 

• Like 1

RochesterRob
1 hour ago, Ann said:

I love traffic circles. My area could benefit greatly from them instead of 4-way stops.

The biggest problem is they are misapplied but that is not the only problem.  I think that they work best in light volume traffic but they seem to be built in areas that have exceptionally heavy traffic.  Most people lack the intellect to know how to go through them but that is no surprise as most people could not use a yield sign properly back years ago.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ann said:

Imagine that in Brooklyn, HaHaHa!!!

• Haha 1

ExiledInIllinois
On 4/15/2024 at 2:13 PM, RochesterRob said:

The biggest problem is they are misapplied but that is not the only problem.  I think that they work best in light volume traffic but they seem to be built in areas that have exceptionally heavy traffic.  Most people lack the intellect to know how to go through them but that is no surprise as most people could not use a yield sign properly back years ago.  

Years ago, most working people didn't have the word 'yield' in their personal vocabulary. I guess 'give way' was the norm.

Most people are indecisive too. To keep traffic flowing in a traffic circle... Drivers need to jump in.

My SiL in NE turned down a job one because he commute included to many round abouts.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

14 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Years ago, most working people didn't have the word 'yield' in their personal vocabulary. I guess 'give way' was the norm.

Most people are indecisive too. To keep traffic flowing in a traffic circle... Drivers need to jump in.

My SiL in NE turned down a job one because he commute included to many round abouts.

Was driving in Portugal.  Outside of Lisbon has tons of roundabouts.  They work fine as long as things are spread out.  Not like those two back-to-back traffic circles at Harlem/Wherle/Kensington Roads.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, snafu said:

Was driving in Portugal.  Outside of Lisbon has tons of roundabouts.  They work fine as long as things are spread out.  Not like those two back-to-back traffic circles at Harlem/Wherle/Kensington Roads.

Those two traffic circles are way better than sitting for four lights to make a left.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

I hate drivers who:

Don’t allow others to merge onto the highway by keeping pace with them in the slow lane.

Don’t know the right of ways, and proper use of rotaries.

When making an error by driving past their intended exit or destination, *stop all traffic or cause accidents* by stoping and attempting to back up or turn around against traffic.

Engage in activities which require massive amounts of attention, such as putting on makeup, reading, eating non-hand simple foods (I saw another driver eating soup or cereal from a bowl once), etc.

• Like 1

Uncle Joe
17 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Aye Captain. 

RochesterRob
32 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I hate drivers who:

Don’t allow others to merge onto the highway by keeping pace with them in the slow lane.

Don’t know the right of ways, and proper use of rotaries.

When making an error by driving past their intended exit or destination, *stop all traffic or cause accidents* by stoping and attempting to back up or turn around against traffic.

Engage in activities which require massive amounts of attention, such as putting on makeup, reading, eating non-hand simple foods (I saw another driver eating soup or cereal from a bowl once), etc.

All the gimmicks of the world will not cure bad drivers.  Most people have no incentive to keep their driving skills sharp as most traffic infractions are thrown out of court.  Its just going to get worse.  Reminds of the Twilight Zone episode where a hood is shot and goes to what he thinks is heaven.  That getting what you want all the time is its own hell.  Except real life with everybody being coddled would make for a better moral than some guy that always wins at roulette.  

KD in CA

Anyone who posts a video online of an accident from the perspective of their dash cam, given that the idiot with the dash cam is in the wrong about 98% of the time.

devnull
3 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I hate drivers who: 

Are on the road the same time I am

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1