Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Which Drivers Really Piss You Off?

Keukasmallie

RochesterRob
11 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The inverse of that is when you are in a line of cars doing 80 in the left lane, gradually but steadily passing the cars in the right lane.  But some @$$h@l& needs to ride up on your bumper so that he can get past you and then only be in a line of 37 cars instead of 38.

Those people are even better when the light is clearly broken but they don't try to get through the intersection.  I've concluded those are merely stupid people who don't understand how or why the lights change.

The left lane could be moving at 95 MPH but there will be a few  on the bumpers of those drivers because those few need to be driving at 100+ MPH.  And they are among the most nasty of motorists out there.  

As to broken lights avoid shift change hours at your local Walmart or Target store. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The inverse of that is when you are in a line of cars doing 80 in the left lane, gradually but steadily passing the cars in the right lane.  But some @$$h@l& needs to ride up on your bumper so that he can get past you and then only be in a line of 37 cars instead of 38.

I always want to ask them where they think they are going to go?

• Haha 1

Fansince88
14 hours ago, Foxx said:

Those drivers who think they own the left lane and act as speed control. Get over, it's state law, you freakin' moron.

Lead, follow or get out of the way!

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

I always want to ask them where they think they are going to go?

I just move over and let them go by.  Because who gives a shit?

Another thing frighteningly common where I am: people somehow driving on the wrong side of a divided road.  Today I almost got hit by a school bus driving on the wrong side of the road.  I was too busy swerving out of the way to get the number of the bus to report them.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt

Holy &#%$ y'all have road rage!!!!:classic_laugh: I hate everybody on the road, they are all morons except me. My car just got out of the shop, two times I have bought new cars and both have been t-boned less than 6 months after owning them. &#%$ everybody, y'all sound like a treat to drive with however. Also &#%$ rental hybrid vehicles the brakes suck a big chode, either you slam on the brakes like you're stopping short or you slide through a red light every time!

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

Uncle Joe
7 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Holy &#%$ y'all have road rage!!!!:classic_laugh: I hate everybody on the road, they are all morons except me. My car just got out of the shop, two times I have bought new cars and both have been t-boned less than 6 months after owning them. &#%$ everybody, y'all sound like a treat to drive with however. Also &#%$ rental hybrid vehicles the brakes suck a big chode, either you slam on the brakes like you're stopping short or you slide through a red light every time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Honestly, my number 1 all time peeve are the minor scratch, no injury, fender bender morons who feel that they must block a lane of traffic to exchange information about their accident without pulling onto the shoulder and out of the flow of traffic.

If I were a cop reporting to the scene, I’d ticket them and call tow trucks to haul their shitboxes off to the farthest impound lot I could find. I’d seek any possible way there is to have their licenses suspended. Because those people suck and should have to take the bus.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Fansince88

Drivers like this afternoon on the way home. Just drove through a straight away on a county road. No shoulder and no passing zone. truck in front of me decided he should pass the truck in front of him over a set of blind hills. In fact it was the same hill I had a car passing another car coming towards me this summer at 6:30 am while I was riding my motorcycle on the way to work in the morning. I really want to see that truck in a field some day. 

Uncle Joe
3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

. In fact it was the same hill I had a car passing another car coming towards me this summer at 6:30 am while I was riding my motorcycle on the way to work in the morning. I really want to see that truck in a field some day

I've always told myself I will give those drivers the royal wave as I go by...

Explore british queen elizabeth waving GIFs

On 2/28/2024 at 6:13 AM, Foxx said:

Those drivers who think they own the left lane and act as speed control. Get over, it's state law, you freakin' moron.

This is the one that I was going to say.

Speeders will always be there, my motto is "I don't care how fast you are going, I care how fast I am going"

Let me go my 7 mph over the speed limit and I am happy.

Those Self appointed speed drivers are my biggest peeve.

• Like 3

On 2/28/2024 at 9:23 PM, Jabba The Hutt said:

I hate everybody on the road, they are all morons

Had to drive to Syracuse for work yesterday. Driving along and all of a sudden I am in a whiteout. From somewhere around Geneva to the job site, the roads were treacherous. As treacherous as they were, they were nothing compared to the idiots driving in it. Granted this storm must have caught Syracuse by surprise because I didn't see one plow truck, and there were a good three inches on the ground by the time I got where I was going, but my gosh... 

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

This is the one that I was going to say.

Speeders will always be there, my motto is "I don't care how fast you are going, I care how fast I am going"

Let me go my 7 mph over the speed limit and I am happy.

Those Self appointed speed drivers are my biggest peeve.

I don't think I drive too fast, but I do believe I am passively aggressive behind the wheel. With all the idiots out there, the best defense is a strong offense.

As for the left-lane police, I do have to say that they seem to come in waves. Been a good couple weeks where if I am approaching, they will move over. The congestion they cause is probably the greatest danger. Get me away from them.

Another issue that bugs me, and I believe is a relatively new phenomenon, is the people making a left-hand turn onto a road that has two lanes going their way. Damn the people making right-hand turns, they are entitled to that left lane. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, Foxx said:

Had to drive to Syracuse for work yesterday. Driving along and all of a sudden I am in a whiteout. From somewhere around Geneva to the job site, the roads were treacherous. As treacherous as they were, they were nothing compared to the idiots driving in it. Granted this storm must have caught Syracuse by surprise because I didn't see one plow truck, and there were a good three inches on the ground by the time I got where I was going, but my gosh... 

I don't think I drive too fast, but I do believe I am passively aggressive behind the wheel. With all the idiots out there, the best defense is a strong offense.

As for the left-lane police, I do have to say that they seem to come in waves. Been a good couple weeks where if I am approaching, they will move over. The congestion they cause is probably the greatest danger. Get me away from them.

Another issue that bugs me, and I believe is a relatively new phenomenon, is the people making a left-hand turn onto a road that has two lanes going their way. Damn the people making right-hand turns, they are entitled to that left lane. 🤦‍♂️

No one ever moves from the left lane in the DC region.

I've said before, there's a reason for it: so many left exits on the expressways here, people have been trained to stay in the left lane.  I get it.  I hate it...but I get it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No one ever moves from the left lane in the DC region.

I've said before, there's a reason for it: so many left exits on the expressways here, people have been trained to stay in the left lane.  I get it.  I hate it...but I get it.

We have left-lane exits here, but thankfully not enough of them for people to think they are entitled to drive like grandma in the them.

Another thing they have begun implementing in WNY is the divergent diamond intersection. They say it helps with traffic flow. While I'm not convinced it does, it's okay I guess.

Traffic circles are another thing that seems to be popping all over.

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Another thing they have begun implementing in WNY is the divergent diamond intersection. They say it helps with traffic flow. While I'm not convinced it does, it's okay I guess.

There's one of those on 395 here.  It's a mess.

One thing Montgomery County did here was change Old Georgetown Road from three lanes each way, to two lanes and a bike lane.  No one I know can ever recall seeing a cyclist on that road.  The county did it because they figured "If we give people a bike lane, people will replace their cars with bikes and ride those instead!"  But even if human behavior worked that way, the changes have so badly screwed up traffic flow (no one on that road has any idea how to make turns any more, because the bike lanes interfere and none of the street markings or signs are at all clear) that they've made the street unsafe for bicyclists.  :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There's one of those on 395 here.  It's a mess.

One thing Montgomery County did here was change Old Georgetown Road from three lanes each way, to two lanes and a bike lane.  No one I know can ever recall seeing a cyclist on that road.  The county did it because they figured "If we give people a bike lane, people will replace their cars with bikes and ride those instead!"  But even if human behavior worked that way, the changes have so badly screwed up traffic flow (no one on that road has any idea how to make turns any more, because the bike lanes interfere and none of the street markings or signs are at all clear) that they've made the street unsafe for bicyclists.  :facepalm:

Oh, that's a whole other can of worms you're opening up there! 

"Vision Zero".  I thought this was limited to NYC, but came to realize that it is a road/bike/pedestrian design philosophy (mental virus) that's marketed to municipalities all over the place.  Every third road in Brooklyn (an exaggeration) is as you've described. And I know of at least one project whereby the City deliberately withheld statistics from the locals who protested a planned change so that they could push their agenda through.  

All while refusing to consider forcing scooter delivery drivers to get licenses or register their motorized vehicles.  All while refusing to consider licensing bicyclists in the City.  Yesterday, I drove behind a guy on a motorized skateboard while carrying his child in his arm -- in rush hour side-street traffic. This is actually one rare time I'm FOR more regulation.  I recognize that people need to share the road.  It follows, then, that everyone who uses the road should have a license that can be revoked for misuse of those roads.

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, snafu said:

Oh, that's a whole other can of worms you're opening up there! 

"Vision Zero".  I thought this was limited to NYC, but came to realize that it is a road/bike/pedestrian design philosophy (mental virus) that's marketed to municipalities all over the place.  Every third road in Brooklyn (an exaggeration) is as you've described. And I know of at least one project whereby the City deliberately withheld statistics from the locals who protested a planned change so that they could push their agenda through.  

All while refusing to consider forcing scooter delivery drivers to get licenses or register their motorized vehicles.  All while refusing to consider licensing bicyclists in the City.  Yesterday, I drove behind a guy on a motorized skateboard while carrying his child in his arm -- in rush hour side-street traffic. This is actually one rare time I'm FOR more regulation.  I recognize that people need to share the road.  It follows, then, that everyone who uses the road should have a license that can be revoked for misuse of those roads.

Let's see... 2-ton motorized vehicles, 50lb bicycles, skateboards all traveling on the same pavement, in the same direction... whatever could go wrong?

:facepalm:

• Like 1

Fansince88
15 hours ago, Foxx said:

Had to drive to Syracuse for work yesterday. Driving along and all of a sudden I am in a whiteout. From somewhere around Geneva to the job site, the roads were treacherous. As treacherous as they were, they were nothing compared to the idiots driving in it. Granted this storm must have caught Syracuse by surprise because I didn't see one plow truck, and there were a good three inches on the ground by the time I got where I was going, but my gosh

It did catch them by suprise. Think they got a couple foot or more overnight.  So lucky! 😆 

• Cheers 2