Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Which Drivers Really Piss You Off?

Keukasmallie

Uncle Joe
11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

08f91dad67f2e4dc58c16f89dee0da5184be1c65

This reminded me of Gallagher's stupid driver skit (unfortunately the youtube video is low quality)

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2024 at 1:51 PM, Keukasmallie said:

Tell  me about stop signs!  In NYS there must be a law that says a driver doesn't have to stop if it appears no one is coming from the crossing direction, if the stop sign is in a parking area, if one comes upon a stop sign either early in the AM or late at night when no one else is about. Additionally, slowing to six miles an hour counts as a full stop....yeah, that's also "true."

Sorry, but that stop sign, or light as a matter of fact is a traffic control device by definition. So if there is no traffic; vehicle or pedestrian there is then no need for traffic control.

People who drive in the leftmost lanes, forcing people to pass them on the right. If people are passing you on the right, you are in the wrong lane!

People that jump onto the on ramp or exit ramp to pass people in a traffic jamb.

People who STOP at a circle because someone is about to enter it 90, or even 180 degrees opposite of them. 

People that insist on pulling out in front of me when there is absolutely no one behind me, and then drive slow

People that think the speed limit is etched in stone

traffic lights that are not in sync, making you stop at each one instead of helping traffic continue to flow

And I'm just getting started! :car:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Keukasmallie
1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Sorry, but that stop sign, or light as a matter of fact is a traffic control device by definition. So if there is no traffic; vehicle or pedestrian there is then no need for traffic control.

I plan to use that logic when I'm stopped for ignoring a stop sign, or turning left on a red light here in the Empire State.  I hope I can gauge how far I can proceed into the argument  with the officer so as to not get tazed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kinda weird... the DMV didn't send us a renewal notice for the wife's car registration. It was due 5 days ago.

• Sad 1
  • O Rly 2
  • Wow 2

13 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

I plan to use that logic when I'm stopped for ignoring a stop sign, or turning left on a red light here in the Empire State.  I hope I can gauge how far I can proceed into the argument  with the officer so as to not get tazed.

But in order for you to be pulled over that actually means there was other traffic around for him/her to see you so I wouldn't suggest that defense. :think:

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Kinda weird... the DMV didn't send us a renewal notice for the wife's car registration. It was due 5 days ago.

Had that happen once however I went in to the DMV before it expired and did it. They pulled it up and showed me it had been mailed, I just never received it. Probably going to happen to you too and you will still pay the late registration fee.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

17 hours ago, Cinga said:

People that think the speed limit is etched in stone

I think this is partly caused by insurance companies that want to put devices in cars so drivers get lower premiums. Plus, I might be mistaken, but I think Uber and Lyft might also track their drivers’ speed.

6 hours ago, snafu said:

I think this is partly caused by insurance companies that want to put devices in cars so drivers get lower premiums. Plus, I might be mistaken, but I think Uber and Lyft might also track their drivers’ speed.

Oh I get it, my insurance company wanted me to sign up and I was like no frigging way! Can't imagine being gigged because I entered a 35 zone doing 40 instead SMDH.....

But that leads to another issue I have, and that's people that slow way below the speed limit when they see a cop alongside the road. Most cops follow the unwritten rule, "eight your great, nine your mine" rule but I've been behind people that slow down that much! Heck, if I were po-po I'd be pulling THEN over wondering what the heck they were hiding! But to make it worse, what about the ones that slow way the f*** down when the cop has someone pulled over? I mean respect. move to the left, but at least do the limit, he's too busy to chase you!

***end rant***

:car: :excited::hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

KD in CA
On 3/3/2024 at 11:27 AM, snafu said:

My car already tells my phone where's it parked, so given newer cars are already trackable, I imagine this is coming down the pike sooner or later whether we like it or not.

On the bright side, we probably won't need to stick those EZ-Pass tags on the dashboard anymore either.

• 2 weeks later...
KD in CA
On 3/9/2024 at 6:10 AM, Keukasmallie said:

Here's a driver [and judge] who particularly piss me off:

Very interesting article about Britt Reid and how the law favors those who can return the favor.

There are people in that story who deserve to die painfully.

• Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...
The Guy In Pants

Had one this morning. I set my cruise to 62 in a 55. He was in a gray Ford Explorer in the left lane. I signaled to the right and started passing him. He sped up and rode at my rear driver corner. So; I thought that I would just hit the "+" button a couple times and then resume 62. Nope; he sped up with me. We were coming up on another vehicle and I slowed down and then got behind him. Dropped to like 54. 

We got past the other car and I hit resume on my cruise and back into the right lane. He wouldn't let me pass again. So; I dropped my cruise to 59 and he slowly crept away. Fast forward about 6 miles. I am using my cruise in the right lane at 62. I am again catching this guy who is still in the left lane. I start to overtake him and he speeds up. At this point I had had enough. No cars were around me so I slammed on my brakes and waited for him to be gone. Then proceeded on my drive to work. 

If the Lord himself stood there and said " You can either enter heaven or kick this guy in the throat. You can't have both."...... I am not so sure I have it in me not to throat stomp that stupid mother &#%$er. 

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3

CarpetCrawler
13 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Had one this morning. I set my cruise to 62 in a 55. He was in a gray Ford Explorer in the left lane. I signaled to the right and started passing him. He sped up and rode at my rear driver corner. So; I thought that I would just hit the "+" button a couple times and then resume 62. Nope; he sped up with me. We were coming up on another vehicle and I slowed down and then got behind him. Dropped to like 54. 

We got past the other car and I hit resume on my cruise and back into the right lane. He wouldn't let me pass again. So; I dropped my cruise to 59 and he slowly crept away. Fast forward about 6 miles. I am using my cruise in the right lane at 62. I am again catching this guy who is still in the left lane. I start to overtake him and he speeds up. At this point I had had enough. No cars were around me so I slammed on my brakes and waited for him to be gone. Then proceeded on my drive to work. 

If the Lord himself stood there and said " You can either enter heaven or kick this guy in the throat. You can't have both."...... I am not so sure I have it in me not to throat stomp that stupid mother &#%$er. 

Like it's their God-given right to go whatever speed they want in the left lane and they are the protector of the lane. Anyone who wants to pass them is a challenge to their manhood and must be fended off. Forking ice wholes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

mead107

Most times I do 10 over the speed limit on the north way, thruway. And up to 15 o. The mass pike

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Fansince88
16 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

You were clearly stomping on the wrong pedal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Guy In Pants
7 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

You were clearly stomping on the wrong pedal. 

I don't like going more than 10ish. My luck; I'd floor it and old Buford T Justice would be sitting with a birds eye view. I get a ticket for aggressive driving and &#%$ tits gets a laugh for the rest of the day. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1