BTW, when was the last time CTC ...😁🍻

• Facepalm 1

Fansince88
11 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

It's a math thing.

Diggs for JJ 4 years ago.

Something called a 5th year option.

BTW, when was the last time CTC ...😁🍻

@Crap Throwing Clavin isnt someone you can just summon like a genie from a lamp you mere mortal!! That said, I was not sure when they drafted JJ. 

RochesterRob
36 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Hi RochesterRob. Love the name btw. My thought was go for Marvin Harrison jr. I know that is aiming high and would cost a lot. But think Marvin Harrison jr seems to have it all. Just my my reason for gambling is Allen will be 28 at his prime and let’s get him a down field option. What scares me is when you mortgage something like this the defense does not get the help. There are holes in defense that needs addressing as well. Anyways just my opinion

I would say that there is less than a 10 percent chance for us to get Harrison.  And that is only because there are a bunch of QB needy teams with a couple squarely at the top of the order to perhaps push him down to 4.  As others have said LAC most likely will take a WR at 5.  Which one probably depends when they get on the clock and what has taken place to that point.  I just think it would be too costly to go up to 1 or 2 and those teams would only want to drop back a couple slots odds are.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

I'm thinking of starting a podcast.  Maybe we could challenge Timmah 😄

The OBF DAB POMA Quantum Podcast.

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

@Crap Throwing Clavin isnt someone you can just summon like a genie from a lamp you mere mortal!! That said, I was not sure when they drafted JJ. 

Only ATOP, if you explicitly tag me.

Try it.

Spartacus

The ego shines through

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-stefon-diggs-paid-jimmie-ward-100-000-for-no-1

Stefon Diggs opted to switch from No. 14, which he has worn throughout his entire NFL career, to No. 1 after he joined the Texans. The move came with a price, though.

Safety Jimmie Ward had No. 1 with the Texans, having selected the number last year after arriving from San Francisco.

Ward gave up No. 1 to Diggs for roughly $100,000, Aaron Wilson of KPRC reports.

• Facepalm 1

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Only ATOP, if you explicitly tag me.

Try it.

Im not a member over there anymore so I cant.

Alaska Darin
11 hours ago, crawhammer said:

Davis' numbers were rather consistent...

TD = 7, 6, 7, 7

Y/R = 17.1, 15.7, 17.4, 16.6

1D = 27, 29, 35, 34

Succ% = 53.2, 47.6, 51.6, 53.1

Catch% = 56.5, 55.6, 51.6, 55.6

The fact of the matter is Allen was very productive with Diggs & Davis as his top two options. 

Josh Allen 2020-2023

Passing Yards = 19,999

Passing TDs = 156

Passing Yards to Diggs & Davis = 9176

Passing TDs to Diggs & Davis = 72

Passing Yards Percentage to Diggs & Davis = 46%

Passing TDs Percentage to Diggs & Davis = 46%

Over the last 4 seasons this was the #1 most productive QB & WR1/2 in the NFL. And by a very wide margin. It was a significant part of the team's success and it will be impossible to replicate. Just a HUGE hole for the team to fill.

Tell us you don't watch BILLS' games without using those words.

• Cheers 2

crawhammer
13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Tell us you don't watch BILLS' games without using those words.

How's that? By posting a bunch of irrefutable numbers and facts.

• Haha 2

Ninety-4
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

The ego shines through

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-stefon-diggs-paid-jimmie-ward-100-000-for-no-1

Stefon Diggs opted to switch from No. 14, which he has worn throughout his entire NFL career, to No. 1 after he joined the Texans. The move came with a price, though.

Safety Jimmie Ward had No. 1 with the Texans, having selected the number last year after arriving from San Francisco.

Ward gave up No. 1 to Diggs for roughly $100,000, Aaron Wilson of KPRC reports.

That says a lot, him wanting #1.  

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
15 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

How's that? By posting a bunch of irrefutable numbers and facts.

Last 5 games for the BILLS (all wins):

Davis:  14 targets, 6 receptions, 151 yards, 1 TD

Diggs:  39 targets, 24 receptions, 214 yards, 0 TDs

That's an average of 6 receptions for 73 yards and .2 TDs per game when the entire season was on the line. 

What about the postseason?

Davis didn't play.  Diggs played both games and had 17 targets, 10 catches and 73 total yards and a heart-breaking drop that pretty much ended our season.

So 12 total games between the two of them (6 wins, one loss).  70 targets, 40 catches, 438 yards and a single TD.  However will we ever replace that level of production and still get six wins in seven games?  :classic_dry:

The BILLS proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that both of their starting WRs weren't worth the money they were being paid.  What they did 3 years ago means precisely dick because Father Time is undefeated.  Diggs is going to be a FA after next season and I suspect has seen his very last big contract.  Much like Shady, when the "quick" guys lose that one thing that makes them special, they fall off the cliff.  Diggs may not be "right there" but he can definitely see the edge from where he's standing.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's an average of 6 receptions for 73 yards and .2 TDs per game when the entire season was on the line. 

Davis didn't play.  Diggs played both games and had 17 targets, 10 catches and 73 total yards and a heart-breaking drop that pretty much ended our season.

So 12 total games between the two of them (6 wins, one loss).  70 targets, 40 catches, 438 yards and a single TD.  However will we ever replace that level of production and still get six wins in seven games?  :classic_dry:

The BILLS proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that both of their starting WRs weren't worth the money they were being paid.  What they did 3 years ago means precisely dick because Father Time is undefeated.  Diggs is going to be a FA after next season and I suspect has seen his very last big contract.  Much like Shady, when the "quick" guys lose that one thing that makes them special, they fall off the cliff.  Diggs may not be "right there" but he can definitely see the edge from where he's standing.

Thing is, Davis actually was fairly consistent.  I noted that every season, when I started complaining his production have dropped off from the previous season, then checked his stats.  He consistently put up the same numbers.  Which made it all the more maddening, watching him play - you could rely on him for numbers, but couldn't rely on him to make any single given play when it was needed. 

Really, Shakir was more consistently reliable in play, regardless of stats.  Which is why you and I both have wanted to see more of him since late 2022.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

Fansince88
8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Thing is, Davis actually was fairly consistent.  I noted that every season, when I started complaining his production have dropped off from the previous season, then checked his stats.  He consistently put up the same numbers.  Which made it all the more maddening, watching him play - you could rely on him for numbers, but couldn't rely on him to make any single given play when it was needed. 

Really, Shakir was more consistently reliable in play, regardless of stats.  Which is why you and I both have wanted to see more of him since late 2022.

Remember that like it was yesterday. I believe Nov-Dec 2022. We had the conversation mid game. (Gabe's numbers) 

• Like 2

Bills Circle The Wagons

I don’t understand Stefon Diggs he was on his way of having a Buffalo Bills Wall Of Fame legacy and to just trash that I don’t get it. But maybe as time passes Bills fans will forget? Also I don’t get why he is banking on free agency in a year voiding the other two years of his contract. That is very risky for a 31 year old wide receiver. When I think of Stefon Diggs I am thinking it’s going to be one year deals with whatever he can get with different NFL teams. I remember the end of Andre Reed’s career bouncing around NFL teams it was sad as a Bills fan for me to see that. Andre Reed in his prime was a terrific wide receiver and some how I think Stefon Diggs is going to become like that as he ages. The athlete unfortunately sometimes is the last to know. Stefon Diggs should have retired a Bills player and he threw all the way? But what do I know I am old where players stay for years with there teams in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like 1

art_vandelay
21 minutes ago, Bills Circle The Wagons said:

I don’t understand Stefon Diggs he was on his way of having a Buffalo Bills Wall Of Fame legacy and to just trash that I don’t get it. But maybe as time passes Bills fans will forget? Also I don’t get why he is banking on free agency in a year voiding the other two years of his contract. That is very risky for a 31 year old wide receiver. When I think of Stefon Diggs I am thinking it’s going to be one year deals with whatever he can get with different NFL teams. I remember the end of Andre Reed’s career bouncing around NFL teams it was sad as a Bills fan for me to see that. Andre Reed in his prime was a terrific wide receiver and some how I think Stefon Diggs is going to become like that as he ages. The athlete unfortunately sometimes is the last to know. Stefon Diggs should have retired a Bills player and he threw all the way? But what do I know I am old where players stay for years with there teams in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I think he just wants to end up in Dallas to play w/ his brother.

• Like 4

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, art_vandelay said:

I think he just wants to end up in Dallas to play w/ his brother.

Or the chiefs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

IDBillzFan
On 4/5/2024 at 6:04 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Other than all that, crawhammer nailed it. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1