Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Diggs Traded?

Alaska Darin

crawhammer
19 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Repeating the same irrelevant point over and over again isn't a winning strategy.  I love when guys try to pretend analytics/statistics are the only thing that tells the overall story without paying even marginal attention to what the eye test is.

Stop trying to pretend statistics don't matter and something more nebulous like the "eye test" is more relevant. There's a very long list of players who have aced the supposed eye test but have had unproductive NFL careers. And when you're debating the importance of a player, it's relevant what that player or a combination of players have produced. We have that data, it's established, and it can be referenced as a predictor of further results. Otherwise you're merely speculating about future returns. It's a fact that Diggs and Davis accounted for 46% of Allen's passing production over the long term so it would be reasonable to predict a comparable level of continuing production (in 2024). I'm looking at the roster minus that 46% and wondering where they're going to compensate (because a big part of the team's success is going to stay with the production of the passing game). Samuel and Hollins are underwhelming replacements to this point but we can agree it's an unfinished product that will continue to take shape tonight with the start of the draft.

IDBillzFan
21 hours ago, crawhammer said:

I don't know I guess, I thought facts were useful in discussion. That's just me perhaps.

Notfernuthin', but you can take everything I know about NFL player evaluation, Xs and Os, play calling and strategy, write it down on a piece of paper, crumble it up and comfortably fit in up the ass of a fly, and even I  know stats alone don't mean shit.

If you watched the Bills at all during the last half of the year, you couldn't help but trip over the fact that the Bills didn't need Diggs to win.

And if you really need stats to make your point, consider Diggs was credited with 8 touchdowns last year, including zero in the playoffs. JA17 accounted for 51 TDs.

Under Brady's play-calling, I expect 2024 will quickly prove that Diggs trade to be pure addition by subtraction.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 3

crawhammer
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Under Brady's play-calling, I expect 2024 will quickly prove that Diggs trade to be pure addition by subtraction.

That simple equation is out the window. Diggs and Davis have been substracted together and they're being replaced (so far by Samuel and Hollins). So there's no scenario of just removing Diggs and see what happens. And Brady's play-calling will only be as good as the players execution. 

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

If you watched the Bills at all during the last half of the year, you couldn't help but trip over the fact that the Bills didn't need Diggs to win.

That's interesting considering after Thanksgiving Diggs logged 8 starts, a 75% snap count, 67 targets, and 40 receptions. All team highs. But fu*k the numbers.  

Edited by crawhammer

IDBillzFan
17 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

That's interesting considering after Thanksgiving Diggs logged 8 starts, a 75% snap count, 67 targets, and 40 receptions. All team highs. But fu*k the numbers.  

Did you even LOOK at the numbers you seem so obsessed with?

After Thanksgiving, here are Diggs' stats:

64 Targets. 35 Receptions. Two games with a single catch, including the Divisional Game vs. KC. 

And...wait for it...ONE TD.

Eagles - 6 of 11 74 yards 1 TD

KC - 4 of 11 24 yards 0 TD

Dallas - 4 of 5 for 48 yards 0 TD

Chargers - 5 of 8 for 29 yards 0 TDs

NE -1 of 5 for 5 yards 0 TD

MIA - 7 of 8 for 87 yards 0 TDs

PITT - 7 of 9 for 52 yards 0 TDs

KC - 1 of 7 for 7 yards 0 TDs

But screw the numbers, ammirite?

• Like 1

Mahoney
32 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

That simple equation is out the window. Diggs and Davis have been substracted together and they're being replaced (so far by Samuel and Hollins). So there's no scenario of just removing Diggs and see what happens. And Brady's play-calling will only be as good as the players execution. 

It's draft day. You have the #3 pick. And you're arguing over another team's receivers? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

It's draft day. You have the #3 pick. And you're arguing over another team's receivers? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You hear about Bailey Zappe throwing to Kendrick Bourne and JuJu Smith-Schuster?

He has to argue about ours.  Pats have no one to argue about.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, crawhammer said:

Who said they are being replaced by Samuel and Hollins? Those were additions to the roster sure but where are you coming up with “they are being replaced by…”? 

The replacement started last season with Shakir Kincade and cook. 

Diggs and Davis will not be hard to replace. That continues tonight.

Edited by Pete

Fansince88
54 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

64 Targets. 35 Receptions. Two games with a single catch, including the Divisional Game vs. KC. 

Definitely NOT #1 numbers unless your QB is Mack Jones!

Fansince88
15 minutes ago, Pete said:

Who said they are being replaced by Samuel and Hollins? Those were additions to the roster sure but where are you coming up with “they are being replaced by…”? 

The replacement started last season with Shakir Kincade and cook. 

Diggs and Davis will not be hard to replace. That continues tonight.

I came on here to see you say some things intelligently

055c449d-7d82-4fd1-b57d-8be2fc327aa7_text.gif

dwight-shun.gif

Mahoney
29 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

You hear about Bailey Zappe throwing to Kendrick Bourne and JuJu Smith-Schuster?

He has to argue about ours.  Pats have no one to argue about.

That's fair, but remember 2011 when we had the #3 pick? I don't recall us obsessing over how New England was going to replace Moss. There were 100+ pages on Von Miller vs. Dareus vs. A.J. Green vs. Julio Jones vs. Patrick Peterson. (Now that I'm reminded that literally any of those guys would have been way better than Dareus, I'm depressed. :classic_sad:)

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Mahoney said:

That's fair, but remember 2011 when we had the #3 pick? I don't recall us obsessing over how New England was going to replace Moss. There were 100+ pages on Von Miller vs. Dareus vs. A.J. Green vs. Julio Jones vs. Patrick Peterson. (Now that I'm reminded that literally any of those guys would have been way better than Dareus, I'm depressed. :classic_sad:)

There's also the simple fact that they're all back to being Giants fans now, so why would they think about the Pats?

Uncle Joe
5 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

(Now that I'm reminded that literally any of those guys would have been way better than Dareus, I'm depressed. :classic_sad:)

You must remember we didn't have the 2nd pick, Denver did. So it was written.

• Cheers 1

Mahoney
Just now, Uncle Joe said:

You must remember we didn't have the 2nd pick, Denver did. So it was written.

Oh, I remember I was in the Green / Peterson camp. I remember posting "Anyone but Von Miller or Dareus." on Facebook. Ofc I swung and missed badly on Von Miller, but we get to watch him now!

:classic_sad: Still depressed.

• Cheers 1

On 4/3/2024 at 11:03 AM, Alaska Darin said:

WHAT?????????

When the F UCK did this Happen’?

Does the Front Office know about r

this?!!!

Thhis changes EVERYTHING ABOUT THE DRAFT!!HOLY&#%$!!!

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 2

crawhammer
19 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I was embarrassed for about 30 seconds and then I realized your numbers are wrong. NE is 4 of 7 and not 1 of 5. Also KC is 3 of 8 and not 1 of 7. There's a big difference between 7 of 15 and 2 of 12. My original numbers of 67 targets and 40 receptions were correct. You said the team didn't need Diggs when he in fact led the team in both categories. When you lead your team in targets and receptions, you're needed.

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, crawhammer said:

I was embarrassed for about 30 seconds and then I realized your numbers are wrong. NE is 4 of 7 and not 1 of 5. Also KC is 3 of 8 and not 1 of 7. There's a big difference between 7 of 15 and 2 of 12. My original numbers of 67 targets and 40 receptions were correct. You said the team didn't need Diggs when he in fact led the team in both categories. When you lead your team in targets and receptions, you're needed.

Okay. I confused a couple of his numbers looking at rushes instead of receptions. My bad. 

But here's the number I didn't confuse: 1, as in the number of TDs he had after Thanksgiving.

A #1 WR with ONE EFFIN' touch down in eight games, and seven straight games to close out the season WITHOUT a TD?

The team went on a six-game win streak and Diggs has precisely ZERO touchdowns.

How, of how, did they manage to do that?

Oh, wait. I remember. It was the clutch catch Diggs made to close out the playoff game against KC.

Nope. Wait. He dropped that critical pass, and if you look at all the games after Thanksgiving, he literally did NOTHING to  help the team seal a game.

Stats without content is just lazy, man.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Applause 2

Fansince88
35 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Nope. Wait. He dropped that critical pass, and if you look at all the games after Thanksgiving, he literally did NOTHING to  help the team seal a game.

That was the end for me. It was just one throw but I feel like it was the last of many over those 8 games. 

• Like 1