Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Diggs Traded?

Alaska Darin

On 4/5/2024 at 6:04 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Last 5 games for the BILLS (all wins):

Davis:  14 targets, 6 receptions, 151 yards, 1 TD

Diggs:  39 targets, 24 receptions, 214 yards, 0 TDs

That's an average of 6 receptions for 73 yards and .2 TDs per game when the entire season was on the line. 

What about the postseason?

Davis didn't play.  Diggs played both games and had 17 targets, 10 catches and 73 total yards and a heart-breaking drop that pretty much ended our season.

So 12 total games between the two of them (6 wins, one loss).  70 targets, 40 catches, 438 yards and a single TD.  However will we ever replace that level of production and still get six wins in seven games?  :classic_dry:

The BILLS proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that both of their starting WRs weren't worth the money they were being paid.  What they did 3 years ago means precisely dick because Father Time is undefeated.  Diggs is going to be a FA after next season and I suspect has seen his very last big contract.  Much like Shady, when the "quick" guys lose that one thing that makes them special, they fall off the cliff.  Diggs may not be "right there" but he can definitely see the edge from where he's standing.

Saying goes, "I'd rather get rid of a player a year early than a year late" .  As as SJ Sharks fan I'm seeing the effects of holding on to long. Signing players to huge long term contracts while they are near or at the end of their prime.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

4 hours ago, Ann said:

Started a month ago!

AND THEN WHY WEREN’T WE INFORMED AT THE TIME??? /[/Bills “Beat Reporters”]

• Like 1

SquirminThurman
On 4/4/2024 at 7:14 PM, Nouseforaname said:

Explain how Von is costing the bills the chance to keep diggs given that we’ve already paid diggs this year ?

I'm not. My argument was poorly explained. He is preventing the Bills from signing a guy like Tyler Boyd though. I would only want Boyd for 1-3 years. Probably a Gabe Davis style contract at this point. 3 yrs/ 30-40 mil. Boyd is 29, and is a #2 or #3 now. I think Boyd would help this year. He'll be a late Leonard Floyd type of signing who really produces for a team, and people will wonder how TB slipped through FA.

Von Miller's contract is a messy albatross right now. That is my opinion. I understand why the Bills are tied to it for this year. I hope he produces.

Next year the Bills ar going to be $40-50 million under the cap and will be able to part ways in a Diggs like manner and still find a Tyler Boyd type of pick up.

Edited by SquirminThurman

Billsandhorns
1 hour ago, SquirminThurman said:

I'm not. My argument was poorly explained. He is preventing the Bills from signing a guy like Tyler Boyd though. I would only want Boyd for 1-3 years. Probably a Gabe Davis style contract at this point. 3 yrs/ 30-40 mil. Boyd is 29, and is a #2 or #3 now. I think Boyd would help this year. He'll be a late Leonard Floyd type of signing who really produces for a team, and people will wonder how TB slipped through FA.

Von Miller's contract is a messy albatross right now. That is my opinion. I understand why the Bills are tied to it for this year. I hope he produces.

Next year the Bills ar going to be $40-50 million under the cap and will be able to part ways in a Diggs like manner and still find a Tyler Boyd type of pick up.

Von took a pay cut this year and has a cap hit of 15 mill. it jumps to almost 24 million next year. He approached the team for the restructured contract. 

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Billsandhorns said:

Von took a pay cut this year and has a cap hit of 15 mill. it jumps to almost 24 million next year. He approached the team for the restructured contract. 

Kind of pointless to argue with "hindsight guy" who has made up his own facts on VM40.

• Like 3

Fansince88
3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Kind of pointless to argue with "hindsight guy" who has made up his own facts on VM40.

Im still mad about Rex Ryan. We should have never hired him after we fired him!

• Haha 2

IDBillzFan
11 hours ago, Ann said:

Started a month ago!

Albert Breer will forgive me if I think he has the football credibility of a moth. There were seven HC openings. The only team I am aware of that even wanted an interview with Bellicheat* was Atlanta.

Incredible to think that Breer's takeaway from this is that the problem must be with the owners.

SquirminThurman
6 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

dude is busted. Even a homer should admit that contract was desperate and sad

Edited by SquirminThurman

Uncle Joe
17 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

Von's contract was a gamble that didn't pay off. Meanwhile in NE Portland...

Edited by Uncle Joe

IDBillzFan
11 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

You should ask for your money back.

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
12 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

Repeating the same stupid take over and over again doesn't make it smarter.

Billsandhorns
13 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

The contract he was given initially and playing up to until he tore his ACL? Which was essentially a 3 year contract? Or him taking a major paycut this year while still giving the team an out post June 1 2025 ? ( dead cap drops to about 6.5 million) When they will have much more room to absorb that hit. 

• Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
55 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Repeating the same stupid take over and over again doesn't make it smarter.

It's something of a corollary to "better to get rid of a player too early than too late" to say "better not to pay a huge contract for an older player."

I'm not going to call the signing "desperate and sad."  But it seemed to me at the time more of an "all-in" signing, the kind you make to win the Superbowl THIS year, and was otherwise a high-risk signing for a player who was going to hit the wall sooner rather than later.

But he was performing at a high level before his injury...and that was pretty much unforeseeable.  Can't call the contract "desperate and sad" because of an unpredictable random event.   

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

7 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

The rare stefon diggs liked post…

Yeah &#%$ this twat.

I have been tired of his cryptic tweets and diva behavior too, but in this one specific instance, I kind of side with him. He posts "Rip Tae" and the majority of the replies are vitriolic. Looking at the fanbase through the lens of those replies to a condolences tweet, yeah, we do look pretty toxic and shitty.

Edited by LB3

Alaska Darin
49 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I have been tired of his cryptic tweets and diva behavior too, but in this one specific instance, I kind of side with him. He posts "Rip Tae" and the majority of the replies are vitriolic. Looking at the fanbase through the lens of those replies to a condolences tweet, yeah, we do look pretty toxic and shitty.

There's a reality that "People really do suck, especially when they are being tribal".  I don't understand why people are so invested in a football player.  The game has always been transitional.

I remember watching all the shit Steelers' fans put Terry Bradshaw through in his early years and how he struggled with the treatment for literally decades after...and he was a GREAT player. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There's a reality that "People really do suck, especially when they are being tribal".  I don't understand why people are so invested in a football player.  The game has always been transitional.

I remember watching all the shit Steelers' fans put Terry Bradshaw through in his early years and how he struggled with the treatment for literally decades after...and he was a GREAT player. 

Additionally, idiots are usually the loudest.

• Applause 2

Fansince88
19 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Such a dumb take. He obviously  went carriage shopping and realizes he doent have a horse.