Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Diggs Traded?

Alaska Darin

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, LB3 said:

I have been tired of his cryptic tweets and diva behavior too, but in this one specific instance, I kind of side with him. He posts "Rip Tae" and the majority of the replies are vitriolic. Looking at the fanbase through the lens of those replies to a condolences tweet, yeah, we do look pretty toxic and shitty.

There may be tons of toxic fans but that’s what he is focused on.  There are plenty of fans who had his back and refused to believe all that was said about him.

But he signed that long term contract, went around talking about how he wanted to retire a buffalo bill but pushed himself out.  

He has mental health issues and it shows. 

• Like 2

Ninety-4

Am I missing something or has there been a dearth of public response to the trade from Stefon's Bills teammates?

• Cheers 2

20 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

There may be tons of toxic fans but that’s what he is focused on.  There are plenty of fans who had his back and refused to believe all that was said about him.

But he signed that long term contract, went around talking about how he wanted to retire a buffalo bill but pushed himself out.  

He has mental health issues and it shows. 

A milder case of whatever Antonio Brown has?

Fansince88
4 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Am I missing something or has there been a dearth of public response to the trade from Stefon's Bills teammates?

If you are missing something then I am also missing something.  😕 

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
5 hours ago, Dante said:

A milder case of whatever Antonio Brown has?

Maybe? Or maybe he was born with it.  He seems to have swings in his mood.  

Uncle Joe
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Nature or nuture?

Edited by Uncle Joe
Does Stefon need a hug? I don't care!

Sig1Hunter
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Maybe it’s Maybelline?

• Haha 3

Alaska Darin
32 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Nature or nuture?

He lost his dad when he was 15, so it's not a surprise that he handles many situations more emotionally than most men his age would.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Sig1Hunter
38 minutes ago, Ann said:

Who is this ECB account? The org has been relatively leakproof under the Beane regime. These “leaks” are interesting, if true.

5 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Who is this ECB account? The org has been relatively leakproof under the Beane regime. These “leaks” are interesting, if true.

I don’t know, but he does seem to have an inside source if you read through his account, and (more importantly) the responses to his tweets. 

IDBillzFan

Interesting reading about the cumberbun muscle. One of Diggs traits for which I had a love/hate relationship was how he would almost always collapse to the ground before he was going to get hit. Part of me was glad he was protecting himself and the ball, but part of me was like, "C'mon, man, throw a shoulder."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
crawhammer
On 4/5/2024 at 9:04 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Last 5 games for the BILLS (all wins):

Davis:  14 targets, 6 receptions, 151 yards, 1 TD

Diggs:  39 targets, 24 receptions, 214 yards, 0 TDs

That's an average of 6 receptions for 73 yards and .2 TDs per game when the entire season was on the line.

Last 5? I gave you numbers for 65 games. 

The offense went from 30th to 2nd after Diggs and Davis arrived.

What about the postseason?

Davis didn't play.  Diggs played both games and had 17 targets, 10 catches and 73 total yards and a heart-breaking drop that pretty much ended our season.

Shakir wasn't wide open in the end zone after the Diggs drop? Two plays later Bass didn't miss a simple FG? Otherwise, yes they lost, without Davis, and with minimal production from Diggs, which underscores their importance.

The BILLS proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that both of their starting WRs weren't worth the money they were being paid.  What they did 3 years ago means precisely dick because Father Time is undefeated.  Diggs is going to be a FA after next season and I suspect has seen his very last big contract.  Much like Shady, when the "quick" guys lose that one thing that makes them special, they fall off the cliff.  Diggs may not be "right there" but he can definitely see the edge from where he's standing.

Diggs gave you 107-1183-8 which is still pretty far from "off the cliff." Diggs is not an expendable player. 46% of your passing production between Diggs and Davis is not expendable. You need to replace that with requisite talent to compensate for the loss. Curtis Samuel and Mack Hollins are not going to cut it. Rebuilding the WR room will get a boost Thursday night when Beane selects a WR in the 1st.

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

Alaska Darin
49 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

Last 5? I gave you numbers for 65 games. 

The offense went from 30th to 2nd after Diggs and Davis arrived.

Shakir wasn't wide open in the end zone after the Diggs drop? Two plays later Bass didn't miss a simple FG? Otherwise, yes they lost, without Davis, and with minimal production from Diggs, which underscores their importance.

Diggs gave you 107-1183-8 which is still pretty far from "off the cliff." Diggs is not an expendable player. 46% of your passing production between Diggs and Davis is not expendable. You need to replace that with requisite talent to compensate for the loss. Curtis Samuel and Mack Hollins are not going to cut it. Rebuilding the WR room will get a boost Thursday night when Beane selects a WR in the 1st.

Oh look, another horrifyingly dumb post from our resident m@$$h@l&.  Yes, let's focus on what happened 4 years ago as if that's somehow germane to today's personnel decisions.  "Member that one time when that one guy kicked a long FG and we won?  That was awesome.  He should be here for life."  :classic_dry:

Once again...I don't care what happened in the NFL the year before last or any year prior because what Diggs/Davis did back then is meaningless - the NFL and all sports' leagues are evolutionary and guys like Diggs absolutely do fall of a cliff (RIP, LeSean McCoy).  Last season, Diggs was almost a complete non-factor for more than 50% of the season and did absolutely nothing of note in the playoffs when his salary DEMANDS he produces and makes ZERO mistakes.  It didn't impact the BILLS one bit in the win/loss column, which is why he is a Texan.  Always better to move on a year too soon than too late when the player is valueless.

The BILLS won just fine using Cook and Kincaid as the focal points of the offense, which is more impressive given the teams' collective back was against the wall.  I suspect without Diggs' constant pouting about targets that Allen may very well just throw the ball to "wide open Shakir" instead of trying to keep SD14 satiated and quiet.

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Oh look, another horrifyingly dumb post from our resident m@$$h@l&.  Yes, let's focus on what happened 4 years ago as if that's somehow germane to today's personnel decisions.  "Member that one time when that one guy kicked a long FG and we won?  That was awesome.  He should be here for life."  :classic_dry:

He's a Patriots fan.  Of course he remembers those three Superbowls where the kicker kicked a game-winning FG, making Brady the Greatest Of All Time.  

Isn't it time for them to all go back to being Giants fans, anyway?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

crawhammer
18 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Seriously? You think that's a valid interpretation? A one time game-winning FG 4 years ago is equivalent to 46% of passing game production over the course of 4 full seasons (65 games)? That's really bizarre.

Once again...I don't care what happened in the NFL the year before last or any year prior

The point of reference is from the beginning of the 2020 season through to the end of the 2023 season (i.e. the end of the most recent season). We're not talking ancient history here. We're talking about the by far most prolific QB to WRs trio in the NFL over the last 4 seasons. Two-thirds of that connection is gone. How are you filling that void? Not with Samuel and Hollins. And Shakir isn't catching anywhere near 87% of his targets if he's moving up the depth chart.

The BILLS won just fine using Cook and Kincaid as the focal points of the offense

Cook had a nice game against Dallas. Over the subsequent 5 games he averaged 59 yards per game with 3.5 yards per attempt and 0 TDs. Not impressive.

Kincaid had 4 targets and 1 reception for 7 yards in weeks 14 & 15. Weeks 16-19 Kincaid had 19 receptions on 26 Targets. In total for Kincaid weeks 14-19 he had 20 receptions on 30 targets. Over that same timeframe Diggs had 30 receptions on 45 targets. At no point in time was Kincaid, a rookie TE, more of a focal point than Diggs, a well established top 5 WR in the NFL. Diggs was 6th in targets and 7th in receptions in the ENTIRE NFL. He led the Bills in targets and receptions by 69 and 34 respectively. So try to be at least a little realistic with your commentary.

19 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Always better to move on a year too soon than too late when the player is valueless.

Not when you're desperately trying to get past the divisional round but keep getting your soul crushed instead. Not when you have an all world quarterback entering his prime. Not when you have the second coming of Tom Brady in your conference.

And Diggs is a long way from becoming valueless. Great move by the Texans, adding to what's become a loaded supporting cast for their very promising QB. The arrow is pointing up in Houston.           

crawhammer
15 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He's a Patriots fan.  Of course he remembers those three Superbowls where the kicker kicked a game-winning FG, making Brady the Greatest Of All Time.

I don't understanding a Bills fan baiting anyone into a discussion about Tom Brady. Given the 33-3 career record against. Brady had more wins and TDs against Buffalo than any other opponent in his career. I don't recall any Patriots Super Bowl victory where the kicker overshadowed his performance either. I do remember 6 wins and 6 game-winning drives, that's remarkably consistent. Brady had as many TDs in the 4th quarter of one comeback SB victory over an all time great defense as Jim Kelly had in 4 complete games. So yeah, Brady's pretty good.  

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, crawhammer said:

Seriously? You think that's a valid interpretation? A one time game-winning FG 4 years ago is equivalent to 46% of passing game production over the course of 4 full seasons (65 games)? That's really bizarre.

The point of reference is from the beginning of the 2020 season through to the end of the 2023 season (i.e. the end of the most recent season). We're not talking ancient history here. We're talking about the by far most prolific QB to WRs trio in the NFL over the last 4 seasons. Two-thirds of that connection is gone. How are you filling that void? Not with Samuel and Hollins. And Shakir isn't catching anywhere near 87% of his targets if he's moving up the depth chart.

Cook had a nice game against Dallas. Over the subsequent 5 games he averaged 59 yards per game with 3.5 yards per attempt and 0 TDs. Not impressive.

Kincaid had 4 targets and 1 reception for 7 yards in weeks 14 & 15. Weeks 16-19 Kincaid had 19 receptions on 26 Targets. In total for Kincaid weeks 14-19 he had 20 receptions on 30 targets. Over that same timeframe Diggs had 30 receptions on 45 targets. At no point in time was Kincaid, a rookie TE, more of a focal point than Diggs, a well established top 5 WR in the NFL. Diggs was 6th in targets and 7th in receptions in the ENTIRE NFL. He led the Bills in targets and receptions by 69 and 34 respectively. So try to be at least a little realistic with your commentary.

Not when you're desperately trying to get past the divisional round but keep getting your soul crushed instead. Not when you have an all world quarterback entering his prime. Not when you have the second coming of Tom Brady in your conference.

And Diggs is a long way from becoming valueless. Great move by the Texans, adding to what's become a loaded supporting cast for their very promising QB. The arrow is pointing up in Houston.           

Once again, you prove you never actually watch the BILLS play, instead focusing on the post stats that don't really tell the story of how the games are actually played.

The Texans think so very much of Diggs that they literally jettisoned the entire rest of his contract the day after they traded for him.  They're going to use his competitiveness to bring up the level of their WR room and their young QB for ONE season and then they're going to say goodbye as well.  They know exactly what Diggs is at this point in his career, unlike you.

crawhammer
6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Once again, you prove you never actually watch the BILLS play, instead focusing on the post stats that don't really tell the story of how the games are actually played.

I don't know I guess, I thought facts were useful in discussion. That's just me perhaps.

I watch as many Bills games as possible. So no, not all of them, but I've seen enough to comment. Allen to Diggs has been more productive than any QB to WR combo in the NFL over the last 4 years. Allen's game and development benefitted greatly from playing with Diggs. I'm confident Beane knows he can't go into next season with Allen and the current WR corps, so he knows the departure of Diggs (and Davis) has left a huge void that still needs filling, hence the 1st round WR tomorrow night.

16 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Texans think so very much of Diggs that they literally jettisoned the entire rest of his contract the day after they traded for him.  They're going to use his competitiveness to bring up the level of their WR room and their young QB for ONE season and then they're going to say goodbye as well.  They know exactly what Diggs is at this point in his career, unlike you.

The beauty here is we're going to find out. Diggs averaged 111-1343-9 in Buffalo. The drop-off next season in Houston will be marginal at most. Especially with 12 doom stadium contests.   

Alaska Darin
6 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

I don't know I guess, I thought facts were useful in discussion. That's just me perhaps.

I watch as many Bills games as possible. So no, not all of them, but I've seen enough to comment. Allen to Diggs has been more productive than any QB to WR combo in the NFL over the last 4 years. Allen's game and development benefitted greatly from playing with Diggs. I'm confident Beane knows he can't go into next season with Allen and the current WR corps, so he knows the departure of Diggs (and Davis) has left a huge void that still needs filling, hence the 1st round WR tomorrow night.

The beauty here is we're going to find out. Diggs averaged 111-1343-9 in Buffalo. The drop-off next season in Houston will be marginal at most. Especially with 12 doom stadium contests.   

Repeating the same irrelevant point over and over again isn't a winning strategy.  I love when guys try to pretend analytics/statistics are the only thing that tells the overall story without paying even marginal attention to what the eye test is. 

Beane has said numerous times that the WR room isn't complete and expects to add to it from the draft, college free agents, and likely veterans who will be cut loose before the draft and when the season starts. 

I've not once seen an argument that Allen (or any QB) doesn't benefit from having better players around him because it's mind-numbingly simple.  Beane made the very lucid point that Diggs was never and All Pro or Pro Bowler before coming to Buffalo either.  It was a symbiotic relationship, just like it is with EVERY QB/WR duo in the history of the game.  

It will be very interesting to see how Houston actually uses Diggs because at this moment he shouldn't be the focal point of their offense.  I would bet a decent amount that he doesn't come close to approaching what he did in WNY without some combination of Collins/Dell/Schulz missing significant time due to injury.  If that's the case, how big of a problem does he become for them because the pattern is pretty clear based on what's happened in Minnesota and Buffalo.

• Cheers 3