Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Golf

Foxx

Sports journalist Darren Rovell reports that Woods’ agent says Woods is in surgery:

Prayers for Tiger Woods to have a successful and speedy recovery.

• Cheers 1

He was on his way to meet Drew Brees (& Justin Herbert) and was running late.

</snip>

Woods was set to tape two more "lessons" at the Rolling Hills County Club at 8 a.m. local time – one with Drew Brees and the other with Los Angeles Chargers rookie Justin Herbert. Sources told Fox News Woods was running late when he took off from the hotel in an SUV. The sources said that Woods’ crews and a handler were getting ready and were waiting for about two hours before hearing about the crash.

</snip>

Sorenstam returns with a lot more stress and fewer birdies

202102251631594853127-p3.jpeg
(AP Photo/John Raoux)

By DOUG FERGUSON

AP Golf Writer

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Annika Sorenstam doesn't remember golf being this difficult.

She still managed plenty of smiles Thursday when the most dominant player of her era played her first LPGA Tour event in more than 12 years. With one birdie and one bad hole, Sorenstam had a 3-over 75 in the LPGA Gainbridge on her home course at Lake Nona.

"It seems a little bit more stressful, this kind of golf," she said.

Sorenstam was 10 shots behind another Lake Nona member, Lydia Ko, who opened with a 7-under 65 for a two-shot lead.

But then, this week isn't about Sorenstam adding to her 72 career victories or even starting a comeback at age 50. The LPGA Tour came to her home course and she wanted to play.

With that early heard turn and tee shots that more often than not found the fairway, it didn't seem like Sorenstam had been away from the LPGA Tour since Nov. 23, 2008, when she retired after a three-win season to start a family.

16 hours ago, KD in CA said:

^^ I don't follow women's sports much, but would not have guessed she'd been gone for that long or was 50.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought she was only a few years older than me so I would have thought mid 40s

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

They need to lower tees size regulations from 5 inches to three,

or driving will continue to get out of hand.

Wow. I didn't know there were five inch tees.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:40 AM, B-Man said:

They need to lower tees size regulations from 5 inches to three,

or driving will continue to get out of hand.

Yeah....not a huge fan of the DeChambeau style.  Fortunately that doesn't play as well at Augusta.

Nice win for Matsuyama;  he wavered a bit on the back 9 but executed when he needed it.  Schauffele picked a bad spot to misclub on 16, but otherwise he's terrific and it won't be long until he gets a major.  Zalatoris is fun to watch too;  it seems like he's got a bright future.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 1