Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

*Patriots Ch(e)at

IDBillzFan

13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

No one consistently wins in the NFL without a QB.  I don't know why this keeps coming up.  Bill Walsh was 6-18 without Joe Montana in an era when you could win without great QB play.

Whats McDermott’s record without Josh? 😃

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's pretty revisionist history, right there.  His next to last season in Cleveland they went 11-5, beat the Patriots in the playoffs, then lost to the Steelers (who went to the SB) in the next round.  The following season they started 3-1 and then it was announced the team was leaving Cleveland for Baltimore and everything fell apart.

I get that everyone hates Belichick but FFS, pretending he hasn't been a great NFL head coach (especially given the fact that his defenses have regularly shut down the Jim Kelly's and Peyton Mannings in the playoffs) is nonsense.

Stop it, Fact Man!

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's pretty revisionist history, right there.  His next to last season in Cleveland they went 11-5, beat the Patriots in the playoffs, then lost to the Steelers (who went to the SB) in the next round.  The following season they started 3-1 and then it was announced the team was leaving Cleveland for Baltimore and everything fell apart.

I get that everyone hates Belichick but FFS, pretending he hasn't been a great NFL head coach (especially given the fact that his defenses have regularly shut down the Jim Kelly's and Peyton Mannings in the playoffs) is nonsense.

I'll pretend whatever I want, thank you very much.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

So better than Bill Walsh?!

If you're trying to make a point...I'm not following.

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

If you're trying to make a point...I'm not following.

I think he's trying to say that, by the OBF DAB POMA EWIAFINOC*, McDermott is better than Bill Walsh.

*Expected Wins in...ah, &#%$ it.  No one cares.

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

No one consistently wins in the NFL without a QB.  I don't know why this keeps coming up.  Bill Walsh was 6-18 without Joe Montana in an era when you could win without great QB play.

As I said, my opinion isn't a popular one. It is however mine.

I guess we'll never really know where he would stand had they not gotten lucky and drafted Brady. One thing is probably certain though, sans Brady, he wouldn't be enjoying being tied with George Halas right now. 

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

As I said, my opinion isn't a popular one. It is however mine.

I guess we'll never really know where he would stand had they not gotten lucky and drafted Brady. One thing is probably certain though, sans Brady, he wouldn't be enjoying being tied with George Halas right now. 

I wonder how long Halas/Shula would have dominated without the ability to completely control the competition committee/officiating?

• I don't know 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Respectfully disagreeing. He spent 5 seasons in Cleveland and only had that one winning season before dropping to 5 - 11 on the way out the door. Then he got the Patriots job in 2000 and went 5 - 11 again with his co-coaches Brian Daboll and Eric Mangini. The roster included the like of Bledsoe, Troy Brown, Terry Glenn, Willie McGinest, Tedy Bruschi, Ty Law, and Lawyer Milloy which is not exactly a team bereft of talent. Also, Pete Carroll had coached almost this same squad the 3 years prior for 2 winning seasons and one push at 8 - 8. 

In 2001 he started out 0 - 2 with the second loss being against the Jets where Bledsoe took that crushing hit that led to the rise of Brady who started full time for the 3rd game on. They went 11 - 5 the rest of the season not including the playoffs and won it all. So in summary, in 6 seasons without Brady, he had one whole winning season with the Browns which wasn't even good enough for the division title and then got crushed by the division winner, Pittsburgh, 29 - 9 in the playoffs.

And since Brady left NE what has his record been? 20 - 20. A push. Last year he was 10 - 7 and beat up on a bunch of lousy teams to get there which included NJ Jets (x2), Texans, Panthers, Browns, Falcons, and Jaguars. The only quality teams they beat were the Chargers, Titans, and that lucky ass steal against our Bills. Without an all-pro QB Belicheat is middling at best.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Respectfully disagreeing. He spent 5 seasons in Cleveland and only had that one winning season before dropping to 5 - 11 on the way out the door. Then he got the Patriots job in 2000 and went 5 - 11 again with his co-coaches Brian Daboll and Eric Mangini. The roster included the like of Bledsoe, Troy Brown, Terry Glenn, Willie McGinest, Tedy Bruschi, Ty Law, and Lawyer Milloy which is not exactly a team bereft of talent. Also, Pete Carroll had coached almost this same squad the 3 years prior for 2 winning seasons and one push at 8 - 8. 

In 2001 he started out 0 - 2 with the second loss being against the Jets where Bledsoe took that crushing hit that led to the rise of Brady who started full time for the 3rd game on. They went 11 - 5 the rest of the season not including the playoffs and won it all. So in summary, in 6 seasons without Brady, he had one whole winning season with the Browns which wasn't even good enough for the division title and then got crushed by the division winner, Pittsburgh, 29 - 9 in the playoffs.

And since Brady left NE what has his record been? 20 - 20. A push. Last year he was 10 - 7 and beat up on a bunch of lousy teams to get there which included NJ Jets (x2), Texans, Panthers, Browns, Falcons, and Jaguars. The only quality teams they beat were the Chargers, Titans, and that lucky ass steal against our Bills. Without an all-pro QB Belicheat is middling at best.

Again with the revisionist history.  There's a reason he was hired in Cleveland - they weren't very good (3-13 the year before he took over) and had an aging roster.  His QBs were coked out Bernie and middling Vinny T.  He still got them to the playoffs in the 4th year after what was essentially a ground up rebuild.  Anyone win anything of substance with Bledsoe after BB turfed him?  No?  How interesting.  The year AFTER he left Cleveland, they went 4-12 with Ted Marchibroda (and that was WITH rookies Jonathan Ogden & Ray Lewis).  Of course, Vinny was still the QB.

I love when people say things like "the only quality teams they beat" like they've never watched the NFL.  Sean McDermott has gotten absolutely worked by Philly, Tennessee, Indy, New England, Baltimore, New Orleans, Tampa, San Diego and the &#%$ing Bears (yeah, the &#%$ing Bears).  Guess McDermott is also a mediocre coach without literally the most physically gifted QB in football history.

You guys can revise history all you want but it's absolute nonsense.  Belichick is absolutely a cheater but there isn't a coach since the new rules have been put in place that has regularly won without great QB play.  That shit is as close to written in stone as any sports rule there is.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

That’s called the Brady Tickle. It’s meant as an affirmation that you sacked me, but I despise you as a worthless piece of shit that I wouldn’t piss on if you were on fire. That’s not a penalty in the En Ef El. It’s not noteworthy in the pantheon of  asymmetrical rules application which in the Halls of NFL justice passes for “fair.”

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...