Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

Crap Throwing Clavin
33 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We do get an answer about what happened to Shia's Mutt character. And it's exactly as terrible as you'd think. 

Vaporized by a nuclear blast when he couldn't get to the refrigerator in time?

Or all these still not terrible enough?

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin

Crap Throwing Clavin
36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We do get an answer about what happened to Shia's Mutt character. And it's exactly as terrible as you'd think. 

Killed by the Socs in a rumble?

(Anyone who gets this reference, I pity you.)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

False.  100% of men watch Tombstone from whatever point the movie's at when we discover it's on TV.

No one's ever seen it from the start.

Perhaps a better worded headline would be 100% of men watch remainder of Tombstone

I have seen Tombstone from the start, back in the old days of DVD

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, devnull said:

Perhaps a better worded headline would be 100% of men watch remainder of Tombstone

I have seen Tombstone from the start, back in the old days of DVD

I think once I made a point to find out when it was on and watch it from the start, just to see what happened before they take Billy Bob Thorton's shotgun away.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Heavy spoilers - but this is a long review of the new Indy flick. 

Why did Harrison Ford decide to do this?

Kathleen Kennedy clearly has an issue with men. 

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
30 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Vaporized by a nuclear blast when he couldn't get to the refrigerator in time?

Or all these still not terrible enough?

Still not terrible enough :classic_laugh: 

Deranged Rhino
4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Why did Harrison Ford decide to do this?

Kathleen Kennedy clearly has an issue with men. 

I don't know. He went from being SUPER picky with his roles, to suddenly doing anything/everything that gets tossed his way. Part of me wonders if there was some contractual clause when he agreed to be in the MCU to also reprise Indy (or visa versa). Or maybe it's just he wants to cash in while he still can... but it's not like he hasn't made a mint already. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't know. He went from being SUPER picky with his roles, to suddenly doing anything/everything that gets tossed his way. Part of me wonders if there was some contractual clause when he agreed to be in the MCU to also reprise Indy (or visa versa). Or maybe it's just he wants to cash in while he still can... but it's not like he hasn't made a mint already. 

Samuel L Jackson has moved ahead in the "highest grossing actor" category, so now Ford has to make a big tentpole movie to reclaim the title.

(There was a space of a few years where Jackson and Ford would trade the "highest grossing actor ever" title every year.  I think the MCU blew that out of the water, though.)

• Cheers 3

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Samuel L Jackson has moved ahead in the "highest grossing actor" category, so now Ford has to make a big tentpole movie to reclaim the title.

(There was a space of a few years where Jackson and Ford would trade the "highest grossing actor ever" title every year.  I think the MCU blew that out of the water, though.)

Could be - I know he's super competitive (in the way all people on that level are). Pretty sure I heard he's Red Hulk in the new Captain America movie, but that doesn't make sense (at least in terms of the comics). 

I'm waiting for him to show up in the finale of the Fast and Furious franchise... they have everyone else in it. Might as well add Han Solo. 

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Still not terrible enough :classic_laugh: 

Slit his wrists rather than appear in Indiana Jones 5?

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm waiting for him to show up in the finale of the Fast and Furious franchise... they have everyone else in it. Might as well add Han Solo. 

Just to be clear...you're thinking Fast and Furious is going to have a finale?

giphy.gif

Know what my favorite thing is about that franchise?  Ten Fast and Furious movies produced by...Original Films.  

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Just to be clear...you're thinking Fast and Furious is going to have a finale?

giphy.gif

Know what my favorite thing is about that franchise?  Ten Fast and Furious movies produced by...Original Films.  

One of my best pitch stories was to the head of Original Films. Best meaning, my best rejection story :classic_laugh: 

Talk about an ego check...

• Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

One of my best pitch stories was to the head of Original Films. Best meaning, my best rejection story :classic_laugh: 

Talk about an ego check...

"Sorry.  Your pitch, it's too...different.  Got anything with cars?"

• Haha 3

Deranged Rhino

"Sorry.  Your pitch, it's too...different.  Got anything with cars?"

:classic_laugh: 

They had a concept for a Paul Walker action movie that was basically an updated version of Towering Inferno, but with terrorists and the building being (a fictional) tallest building in the US. 

I came up with a whole story, created animated storyboards to pitch how the building would basically collapse over the course of the film. The #2 person at the company loved it, was certain the big boss would too, so they brought me in to pitch to him. In the lobby before the pitch, Jack Black was randomly there meeting on another project and we made small talk while we both waited. I made him laugh, took that as a good sign that everything was going to go great. 

Did my pitch, was the best I had ever done it. Felt REALLY good walking out of the office. Made it out of the lobby and was barely onto the street when my manager called... to tell me they passed. 

Didn't even make it to my car :classic_laugh: 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/30/2023 at 5:39 AM, Foxx said:

Watched the first episode of The Peripheral last night. Interesting premise, and since I like shit like that, I will probably watch the entire thing. ...

Finally watched the last episode of season one. To be sure, I did not expect that ending. If you watch the season, make sure you watch the minute or so clip after the credits that sets up season 2. 

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:classic_laugh: 

They had a concept for a Paul Walker action movie that was basically an updated version of Towering Inferno, but with terrorists and the building being (a fictional) tallest building in the US. 

I came up with a whole story, created animated storyboards to pitch how the building would basically collapse over the course of the film. The #2 person at the company loved it, was certain the big boss would too, so they brought me in to pitch to him. In the lobby before the pitch, Jack Black was randomly there meeting on another project and we made small talk while we both waited. I made him laugh, took that as a good sign that everything was going to go great. 

Did my pitch, was the best I had ever done it. Felt REALLY good walking out of the office. Made it out of the lobby and was barely onto the street when my manager called... to tell me they passed. 

Didn't even make it to my car :classic_laugh: 

So updating Towering Inferno to be...Die Hard.

Original Films.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is what they ended up doing... 

So wait...you pitched the movie, they passed on your pitch...and made the movie?  :facepalm:

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino

So wait...you pitched the movie, they passed on your pitch...and made the movie?  :facepalm:

Yuuup. Though, to be fair, it was their "concept" so I was pitching an open assignment rather than an original spec script. I never saw The Rock movie, but in a few of the trailers I saw I did see they kept at least two of my plot points. 

Happens. Not really shady, but still crappy. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1