45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Anyone watch the end of Ted Lasso? 

You mean the "o", or the question mark?

• Haha 3

Deranged Rhino
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

You mean the "o", or the question mark?

Never change. :classic_laugh: 

It was a weird season on a lot of levels. 

IDBillzFan

This is pretty biased because I think Woody Harrelson is terrific. His role in "Anger Management" sealed the deal for me. When you can make that leap for the sake of comedy, I'm in.

So we thoroughly enjoyed "Champions."

This is NOT a great movie. But it's a really good movie. Harrelson makes it work, but the kids are freaking terrific. Yes, there are plenty of "This is stupid" moments. But Harrelson does a pretty good job making the transition.

• Cheers 3

Deranged Rhino

Strike related - Marvel/Disney had to push back their whole slate a full calendar year due to the strike. 

(Though I think it's a blessing in disguise for them as they now have more time to let the legal process play out and then figure out what to do about Johnathan Majors/Kang)

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Strike related - Marvel/Disney had to push back their whole slate a full calendar year due to the strike. 

(Though I think it's a blessing in disguise for them as they now have more time to let the legal process play out and then figure out what to do about Johnathan Majors/Kang)

I thought Deadpool 3 was already in post.  Guess not.

I'm guessing Captain America 4 has a trans Mary Sue illegal immigrant as Captain America, with a rainbow shield?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I will see Deadpool. How do you have Captain America without Chris Evans? The rest? Don't care.

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Ann said:

I will see Deadpool. How do you have Captain America without Chris Evans? The rest? Don't care.

Yeah, I'm not sure how any of that is going to go over. Falcon is now Cap, but his show was terrible. And it had so much potential as I love Mackey and Sebastian Stan. But it was cringe-level bad. 

I'm interested in Secret Wars because that's a spy-thriller with Sam Jackson and the Russos so it has a chance to be really good (plus the comic storyline is great). But otherwise... maybe the Fantastic Four will be fun? I had hopes for Blade until I saw what they did in Moon Knight (who I assume will be a big part of Blade), so I think I'll stick with Wesley's versions.

The Thunderbolts is supposed to be the most character driven story they've done so far - with Julia Louis being the anchor of it, but no one really cares about any of the super heroes in that one (Winter Soldier, US Agent or whatever that guy's name is, Black Widow's dad, and her sister Yelana/ Florence Pugh). Pugh was the best part of the Hawkeye series, and was great in Black Widow - but I don't know if her character and Julia's can carry an entire movie. 

*For clarity, I mean their MCU characters. As actors, both Florence Pugh and Julia are top notch and can carry a film on their own. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Cheers 1

On 6/13/2023 at 7:53 PM, Ann said:

It aggravates me because that should have become Bucky Barnes. Ruined the series for me.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 6/14/2023 at 4:59 PM, devnull said:

Babylon Bee satire is accurate:

False.  100% of men watch Tombstone from whatever point the movie's at when we discover it's on TV.

No one's ever seen it from the start.

• Like 1
  • Boo 1

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

False.  100% of men watch Tombstone from whatever point the movie's at when we discover it's on TV.

No one's ever seen it from the start.

I did accidently see the beginning.  It was a Tombstone movie marathon.

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino

Heavy spoilers - but this is a long review of the new Indy flick. 

We do get an answer about what happened to Shia's Mutt character. And it's exactly as terrible as you'd think. 

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We do get an answer about what happened to Shia's Mutt character. And it's exactly as terrible as you'd think. 

Eloped with Jeff?  

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Was beaten to death with a crystal skull?

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Salmonella from Artie's Diner?

• Haha 1