Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

3 body problem is not bad. Looking into getting into the books. 

The books were...good.  But I had trouble getting in to them.  I think there was either a culture gap or a translation gap, since they're Chinese.  

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
50 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The books were...good.  But I had trouble getting in to them.  I think there was either a culture gap or a translation gap, since they're Chinese.  

Is the science good ? 

Crap Throwing Clavin
44 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Is the science good ? 

It is quantum, as I recall.

• Like 1

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Is the science good ? 

On the show it’s garbage.  Fun.  But garbage.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

On the show it’s garbage.  Fun.  But garbage.

I like the idea of dehydrating until things get better.  Think I will until the bills draft a wide receiver . 

devnull
On 4/12/2024 at 8:46 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It is quantum, as I recall.

But is it epic quantum?

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 4/12/2024 at 7:10 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I found Three Body Problem to be really unusual, in that having read the books first, truly improved the watching experience for me.

I love the story, but it’s a quite difficult story to tell. Having a bit of fore-knowledge likely made it more enjoyable for me.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Watching 1984'sThe Bounty.  Pretty sure everyone's aware it stars two Oscar Winners: Anthony Hopkins and Mel Gibson.

I did not realize, though, that it also had Lawrence Olivier in a cameo, and included Daniel Day-Lewis and Liam Neeson in supporting roles.  That's four Oscar Winners and one nominee.  Pretty good cast.

And coincidentally, three of them were nominated for best actor Oscars in 1994 (Hopkins for The Remains of the Day, Day-Lewis for In the Name of the Father, and Neeson for Schindler's List.)  All lost to Tom Hanks for Philadelphia.  

Also would have been Neeson's fifth credited feature film role (and here's a real blast from the '80s past: his fourth was Krull).  And Day-Lewis's second (his first was Gandhi - safe to say that Day-Lewis has had a hell of a career.)

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

So they've got whoever those guys are from the Loki series, at least one sorcerer (looks like The Ancient One) from Doctor Strange...and is that Ant Man in there too?

God, I hate multiverses.  Excuses for lazy writing.  At least it looks like it'll have an "R" rating.