Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

Amazon Prime Video will soon come with ads, or a $2.99 monthly charge to dodge them

Amazon’s Prime Video will begin showing adds during shows and movies early next year, joining other streaming services that have added different tiers of subscriptions

Amazon Prime Video will include advertising during shows and movies starting early next year, joining other streaming services that have added different tiers of subscriptions.

Members of Amazon Prime can pay $2.99 per month in the U.S. to keep their service ad-free, the company said Friday.

Streaming services are in a heated tug-of-war over viewers and users are growing more adept at jumping in and out of those services, often depending on price. The platforms risk losing customers with price hikes, but they could lose them if they don't generate new content that wins over users.

Disney will begin charging $13.99 a month in the U.S. for ad-free Disney+ in mid-October, 75% more than the ad-supported service. Netflix already charges $15.49 per month for its ad-free plan, more than twice the monthly subscription for Netflix with ads.

Amazon said limited advertisements will be aired during shows and movies starting early next year so that it can “continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time.”

Live events on Amazon Prime, like sports, already include advertising.

</snip>

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
53 minutes ago, Ann said:

Amazon Prime Video will soon come with ads, or a $2.99 monthly charge to dodge them

Amazon’s Prime Video will begin showing adds during shows and movies early next year, joining other streaming services that have added different tiers of subscriptions

Amazon Prime Video will include advertising during shows and movies starting early next year, joining other streaming services that have added different tiers of subscriptions.

Members of Amazon Prime can pay $2.99 per month in the U.S. to keep their service ad-free, the company said Friday.

Streaming services are in a heated tug-of-war over viewers and users are growing more adept at jumping in and out of those services, often depending on price. The platforms risk losing customers with price hikes, but they could lose them if they don't generate new content that wins over users.

Disney will begin charging $13.99 a month in the U.S. for ad-free Disney+ in mid-October, 75% more than the ad-supported service. Netflix already charges $15.49 per month for its ad-free plan, more than twice the monthly subscription for Netflix with ads.

Amazon said limited advertisements will be aired during shows and movies starting early next year so that it can “continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time.”

</snip>

"Continue investing in compelling content."  :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

Next thing you know, you'll be paying an additional fee to get free shipping.

Oh wait...

• Like 1

Ahsoka, Episode 7

Not only do I understand why the Empire fell, I'm really starting to wonder how it rose in the first place.

Spoiler

Watching their greatest tactician Admiral Thrawn in action, I was screaming two sets of two words at my TV

GUN-SHIP

STAR-DESTROYER

:facepalm:

If you have HBO and haven’t watched Barry, give it a try. Dark and hilarious. Highly recommended.

Bill Hader from SNL is producer, director, star.  Who knew he was so talented.

16 hours ago, devnull said:

Ahsoka, Episode 7

Not only do I understand why the Empire fell, I'm really starting to wonder how it rose in the first place.

Hide contents

Watching their greatest tactician Admiral Thrawn in action, I was screaming two sets of two words at my TV

GUN-SHIP

STAR-DESTROYER

:facepalm:

IMG_3430.jpeg

• Haha 2

Bad News, Actors Strike not over by a longshot

Good News, Writers Strike is, agreed to three year deal, and late night talk shows could be back as early as next week.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, JPPT1974 said:

Bad News, Actors Strike not over by a longshot

Good News, Writers Strike is, agreed to three year deal, and late night talk shows could be back as early as next week.

Oh thank God.  Where would we be without late night talk shows?  :classic_tongue:

@Deranged Rhino, this mean you can finally stop dumpster diving?  :classic_laugh:

Actually, DR, am very happy for you that you can get back to work.  Is the contract as bad as you were expecting or did you guys actually get some wins for the effort?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Who's seen Oppenheimer?  Based on the reviews it's looks pretty good.  Didn't realize it was 3 hours running time....that kinda makes me want to wait for streaming options and watch it at home.  Doesn't seem like the kind of movie that requires a big screen.

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Who's seen Oppenheimer?  Based on the reviews it's looks pretty good.  Didn't realize it was 3 hours running time....that kinda makes me want to wait for streaming options and watch it at home.  Doesn't seem like the kind of movie that requires a big screen.

I enjoyed it.  

On 9/30/2023 at 2:53 PM, KD in CA said:

100% Watch it at home.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 4:56 PM, devnull said:

I watched a little bit of this last night and this morning. I had an electrician scheduled for this morning and a they were a no show due to being down 3 employees today.

I'm technically in the people can't do s*** mode right now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...