Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I can guess.  Robin Williams.

Williams was huge fan of Winters, and hugely influenced by him.

Yes, I saw some Williams and they both had some demons (Winters in his childhood).

But his retired president act reminded me of our current CIC.

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I can guess.  Robin Williams.

Williams was huge fan of Winters, and hugely influenced by him.

No. His improv was being a really old president that started out poor and left a millionaire. Also, was very confused.

Deranged Rhino

Went to the theaters instead of watching the game tonight, mainly because I didn't want to deal with the stress of worrying about injuries in a meaningless game... sounds like I made the right decision. 

I didn't go in with very high hopes, but Blue Beetle was the best DC entry in a few years (outside of The Batman I guess). Though, I'm a little biased because I'm a fan of the lead actor from Cobra Kai. The move is exactly what you'd expect from a super hero movie. Sure, it's a little by the numbers and not very surprising - and, to be fair, it is basically DC's version of Iron Man (I assume the original comic was the same sort of rip off?), but it had the right mix of comedy and action. They did rely on one super hero trope I personally loathe (giving the main villain the same powers as the hero), but I still had more fun than I expected. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 5

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Strike related:

Personally...I could never trust anyone with the last name of "Iger."

Also...this - a movie about a WGA strike - would make a better movie than most movies the studios release these days.

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 6/29/2023 at 6:06 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Disney's stock since March 2021 (the high).  Straight downtrend for two-plus years, with a floor at about 88.

In technical analysis, that's called a "descending triangle."  If it breaks below 88, it's going to fall like a piano.  If they're taking what looks like it'll be at least a $300m loss on Indy 5, it'll break 88.

This is not a recommendation, as I categorically refuse to manage other people's money.  But my money...you better believe I'm shorting this mother. 

I never thought I'd short a stock based on an Indiana Jones film.  :facepalm:

image.thumb.png.3e4aecf170df871cd54f8c126bf25b83.png

Disney's at 83 today.  :classic_biggrin:

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

Mrs. snafu got us $4 tickets for Oppenheimer this weekend.

It was okay — did not need to see that on a big screen. Three hours of navel gazing.

I wish we’d paid $3.

• Haha 2

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, snafu said:

It was okay — did not need to see that on a big screen. Three hours of navel gazing.

I wish we’d paid $3.

I agree, it didn't need to be on the big screen.  Reminds me of memento with the black and white / vs in colour scenes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I wish we’d paid $3.

Thats odd. I have heard it was the bomb!

Edited by Fansince88
  • O Rly 1
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1

On 8/29/2023 at 5:45 PM, Nouseforaname said:

Started watching the man in the high castle on Amazon.  Really interesting.

I watched it earlier this year.  Not the best show ever, but worth watching.  I recall the first season was a little uneven but it got progressively more interesting after that.  Smith and Kido were my favorite characters.

I watched all 5 seasons of Yellowstone this summer.  It's good in spots, but too repetitive and too many unfulfilled story lines.  Overall I'd say it was a little disappointing. 

I just plowed through the first season of Barry in the last week.....good dark comedy, very enjoyable.

Edited by KD in CA

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I watched it earlier this year.  Not the best show ever, but worth watching.  I recall the first season was a little uneven but it got progressively more interesting after that.  Smith and Kido were my favorite characters.

The first season was good imo but it started to lose the plot near the end.  Still will probably watch it all though.

• Like 1

As we prepare to cut off DirecTV, we're cleaning up all the recorded content by watching the one's we liked best before we delete it.

So this is your reminder that if you just want to watch a movie that wrecks you for 100 minutes, watch A Dog's Purpose.

The story is absolutely fantastic and heart-wrenching, Dennis Quaid is terrific, and you even get to see Peggy Lipton in one of her last roles. Yes, that Peggy Lipton. From The Mod Squad.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2