Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I probably watch enough that the three bucks is worth it.

I have Prime mainly for the free shipping. I get most of my video entertainment via other streaming apps.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, devnull said:

Reacher S2E1, about 20 minutes in they introduce the antagonist with an hilarious Terminator reference

That was great.  Wasn't even subtle.  They just kick you in the face with it and move on.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

They just kick you in the face with it and move on.

Kinda like the Protagonist....

First two or three episodes are a little over the top with the action sequences and computer "hacking", but four episodes in it's pretty good...

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, devnull said:

Kinda like the Protagonist....

First two or three episodes are a little over the top with the action sequences and computer "hacking", but four episodes in it's pretty good...

The problem with showing "computer hacking" in any sort of media is that ultimately, in reality, it's painfully boring to watch.  Eight hours of watching some guy drink coffee, eat Cheetos, and type at a keyboard.  

Same problem with most military movies, particularly anything with submarines.  How do you accurately portray sonar work when most of it is sitting around waiting data to show something (or flying from point to point in a helicopter dropping buoys for half an hour?)  Or medical dramas - your average MRI takes about as long as an hour-long medical drama.  

There is, by necessity, a lot of "cutting out the process and showing you the end result" in screen writing.

Unless you're writing for NCIS.  Then you just write the infamous "two idiots, one keyboard" scene.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

it's painfully boring to watch.  Eight hours of watching some guy drink coffee, eat Cheetos, and type at a keyboard.  

So you're saying Netflix isn't going to pick up my screenplay for /dev/null & Friends?

• Popcorn 1

57 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Unless you're writing for NCIS.  Then you just write the infamous "two idiots, one keyboard" scene.

That one is classic. 

Another one of my favorites is two hackers getting excited over acquiring a DHCP address. I was like, congratulations you found the power button

Edited by devnull
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 minutes ago, devnull said:

So you're saying Netflix isn't going to pick up my screenplay for /dev/null & Friends?

Add a black woman and a gender-fluid character, and Disney might.

10 hours ago, devnull said:

9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

South Park Blames Kathleen Kennedy for 'Why Disney Movies Suck'

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Maybe we could add a tense lunch stand off scene.  Where I complain to a coworker for not cleaning the microwave after their lunch spilled over.  Ultimately I come to understand that my expectations of coworkers cleaning up after themselves is seeded in my White Privilege and antiquated notions of individual responsibility.  When in fact I should have been  cheerfully cleaning the microwave every day as my own personal atonement for slavery

7 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

That was many years ago

Seeing how young many of them were was nice. Almost didn't recognize Annette Benning in her long hair.

• Like 2

The Hollow Crown

Series of 7 Shakespeare films.  S1 covers Richard II, Henry IV Parts 1 & 2, and Henry V.  S2 covers Henry VI Parts 1 & 2 and Richard III

Alot of familiar British actors.  Some well known, like Tom Hiddleston who plays Prince Henry / Henry V, Jeremy Irons as Henry IV, and Patrick Stewart as John of Gaunt.  

And quite a few actors you might probably recognize from other movies or TV shows

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 12/4/2023 at 1:46 PM, bdutton said:

Been hearing great things about this Godzilla Minus One.  Japanese with subtitles. People are talking about Oscar's.  Made with a budget of $15m!

Absolutely fabulous.  Go see it.

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin

Moonlighting - yes, that Moonlighting.  Very hot and smart '80s Cybill Shepherd, Bruce Willis with hair.  Season 1 streaming on Hulu.

Didn't age quite like fine wine, but still watchable.  The writing and direction are still sharp as ever.

10 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Ted is now a show. Absolute must watch:classic_love:

I had to add Peacock to get the Bills game and binged Ted. Very funny show. 

• Love 1