Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

Deranged Rhino

Season 1 was a lot of fun, and it looks like they're skipping ahead a few books to do Night School - one of the best books. A little surprised they are doing this for season 2 though, as it's the least "Reacher" book of them all since he works with a team and it's all about his past. Still, should be a good season.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Season 1 was a lot of fun, and it looks like they're skipping ahead a few books to do Night School - one of the best books. A little surprised they are doing this for season 2 though, as it's the least "Reacher" book of them all since he works with a team and it's all about his past. Still, should be a good season.

I may have to rewatch season 1

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

:beer: It's an easy binge. I went in with low expectations because I think the first book is the weakest in the series, and that was what they adapted for S1, but was surprised how fun it was. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: It's an easy binge. I went in with low expectations because I think the first book is the weakest in the series, and that was what they adapted for S1, but was surprised how fun it was. 

As I said, re-watch. I never read the books. Honestly, if it isnt an educational book helping me expanding my understanding about something I want to know I am not into books. Novels, just cant do them. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Reacher was a fun series, partially because it was one of the few recent productions that wasn't preachy woke

Having not read the books, I suspect they may have race swapped the detective.  But I'm okay with that because the locals anxiety against the character wasn't some racial thing, it was because he was an outsider/Yankee.  Boston IIRC, and nobody likes anyone from Boston

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been hearing great things about this Godzilla Minus One.  Japanese with subtitles. People are talking about Oscar's.  Made with a budget of $15m!

Edited by bdutton
  • Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 11/8/2023 at 7:02 PM, Fansince88 said:

Just started rewatching Season 1 before I start season 2.

It's just good, solid entertainment.  I like how it gives the major supporting cast a good amount of time and character development, but without losing the focus on Reacher.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, bdutton said:

Been hearing great things about this Godzilla Minus One.  Japanese with subtitles. People are talking about Oscar's.  Made with a budget of $15m!

How wrong is it that I saw all the weaponry in that trailer and thought "Oh, set postwar in the late-40s."

And how right is it that Toho got all the weaponry that right.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, devnull said:

During Bills@Chiefs, there was a teaser for S2 of Reacher, December 15...

I've been watching S1 with my wife, and enjoying the hell out of it. I bit campy with the lines "I'm going to break three of your hands so the fourth guy can drive you to the hospital," but the characters are funny as shit. When they find the police chief nailed to the wall, and the kid taking notes realizes his balls were cut off....great stuff.

10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

If this were a real movie, you can bet your ass I'm watching it.

LEE MAJORS?!?

May be a graphic of 2 people and text that says "IBC nule Love It! EI The Night theReineerDied STEW ILLUSTRATIONS NON EXISTING STUDIO PEES TOO BIG CHRISTMAS CARD FE MARVIN WEBER JEAN SPEEGLE HOWARD IBC THE NIGHT REINDEER DIFD 1988 STEW ILLUSTRATIONS: IBC TELEVISION PRODUCTIONS"

Gotta watch Scrooged again.

• Like 1