Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

35 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Going to go out on a limb and say this means KK is safe at least until this deal runs out.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/bob-iger-disney-ceo-extension-2026-1235668668/

Bob Iger Extends Contract as Disney CEO Through 2026

Eh, if NYC wants to go back and live in the 70's, don't see a problem with Disney wanting to either.  Maybe this time they'll end up turning the lights off on both for good this time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Going to go out on a limb and say this means KK is safe at least until this deal runs out.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/bob-iger-disney-ceo-extension-2026-1235668668/

Bob Iger Extends Contract as Disney CEO Through 2026

There's only one explanation for her continued employment: Force mind control is real.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There's only one explanation for her continued employment: Force mind control is real.

7se4ld.jpg

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Critical Drinker review (some/light spoilers)

For all the criticism Tom Cruise gets personally, I have to compliment him on three things:

1) He is, from everything I've heard, a consummate professional.

2) He is also, from everything I've heard, truly generous.

3) He makes honest-to-God movies, not evangelical woke messaging vehicles.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
26 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

For all the criticism Tom Cruise gets personally, I have to compliment him on three things:

1) He is, from everything I've heard, a consummate professional.

2) He is also, from everything I've heard, truly generous.

3) He makes honest-to-God movies, not evangelical woke messaging vehicles.

Having been lucky enough to spend a day around him on set once upon a time (and a few more random days afterwards), I can confirm all three things. The guy is genuinely nice and cares about the people he works with. Not just his fellow big names stars (like most actors on sets), but everyone from the crew down to the craft services people to the lowliest of PAs. He not only is kind and generous with his time with all these people, but remembers everything about them - their kids' names, their parents' names, where they grew up etc etc. And it never comes off as forced or fake, because it isn't. 

I asked one of my old bosses why Tom does it (taking so much time with each crew member) and he told me something that always stuck in my brain. He said Tom Cruise is so famous that he can't have normal social interactions but for when he's on set. Which makes a lot of sense. 

• Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Having been lucky enough to spend a day around him on set once upon a time (and a few more random days afterwards), I can confirm all three things. The guy is genuinely nice and cares about the people he works with. Not just his fellow big names stars (like most actors on sets), but everyone from the crew down to the craft services people to the lowliest of PAs. He not only is kind and generous with his time with all these people, but remembers everything about them - their kids' names, their parents' names, where they grew up etc etc. And it never comes off as forced or fake, because it isn't. 

I asked one of my old bosses why Tom does it (taking so much time with each crew member) and he told me something that always stuck in my brain. He said Tom Cruise is so famous that he can't have normal social interactions but for when he's on set. Which makes a lot of sense. 

I'm sure fame is part of it.  But being a Level VII Operating Thetan probably doesn't help much either.

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
19 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm sure fame is part of it.  But being a Level VII Operating Thetan probably doesn't help much either.

One day I'll tell you a really funny story about that. 

... But not until I'm off the watchlist. :classic_ninja:

• Popcorn 2

Angel Studios' 'Sound of Freedom' passes $50 million at the US box office

The independent action thriller, produced by Angel Studios and starring Jim Caviezel, has become a surprise summer hit, raking in $53.4 million against a $14.5 million budget since its premiere on July 4.

The film placed second behind Paramount's "Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning — Part One," which opened on Wednesday with a box office take of $16 million.

</snip>

According to Box Office Mojo, "Sound of Freedom" now ranks number 22 on the top 25 highest-grossing movies of 2023 to date. 

The film has surpassed a number of major studio releases on the list including Sony Pictures Entertainment's "No Hard Feelings," Paramount's "80 For Brady," Universal's "Knock at the Cabin" and Warner Bros.' "Magic Mike's Last Dance."

</snip>

• Like 2

Oh, I am sure this will help Disney's bottom line... /sarcasm

Snow White and the Seven... Politically-Correct Companions? First pictures of new Disney live-action remake show princess walking with diverse band of merry men and women after row over using dwarf actors

</snip>

Disney announced that 'magical creatures' would replace the seven dwarves to 'avoid reinforcing stereotypes' after Game of Thrones actor Peter Dinklage criticised the 'f****** backwards story' last year.

'I was a little taken aback when they [Disney] were very proud to cast a Latina actress as Snow White, but you're still telling the story of Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs,' he told Mark Maron's WTF podcast. 'It makes no sense to me. You're progressive in one way and you're still making that f***ing backwards story about seven dwarfs living in a cave together, what the f*** are you doing, man? Have I done nothing to advance the cause from my soapbox? I guess I'm not loud enough.'

Disney bosses also came under fire for giving the titular role Zegler, despite the story being about a traditionally 'fair' German princess. The film - which also stars Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot as the evil stepmother - is set to be released in March 2024. 

</snip>

Co-written by Barbie's Greta Gerwig, the upcoming adaptation will not feature a Prince Charming and will instead focus on a 'stronger' Snow White who dreams of becoming a leader.

Ms Zegler previously addressed reports that the film was trying to be politically correct, claiming that the story needed 'refreshing'.

She said: 'People are making these jokes about ours being the PC Snow White... yeah, it is - because it needed that.

'Our version is a refreshing story about a young woman who has a function beyond Someday My Prince Will Come.'

</snip>

• Angry 1
  • clown 1
  • Haha 1
  • Popcorn 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

Snow White and the Seven... Politically-Correct Companions? First pictures of new Disney live-action remake show princess walking with diverse band of merry men and women after row over using dwarf actors

</snip>

Disney announced that 'magical creatures' would replace the seven dwarves to 'avoid reinforcing stereotypes' after Game of Thrones actor Peter Dinklage criticised the 'f****** backwards story' last year.

'I was a little taken aback when they [Disney] were very proud to cast a Latina actress as Snow White, but you're still telling the story of Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs,' he told Mark Maron's WTF podcast. 'It makes no sense to me. You're progressive in one way and you're still making that f***ing backwards story about seven dwarfs living in a cave together, what the f*** are you doing, man? Have I done nothing to advance the cause from my soapbox? I guess I'm not loud enough.'

Disney bosses also came under fire for giving the titular role Zegler, despite the story being about a traditionally 'fair' German princess. The film - which also stars Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot as the evil stepmother - is set to be released in March 2024. 

</snip>

Co-written by Barbie's Greta Gerwig, the upcoming adaptation will not feature a Prince Charming and will instead focus on a 'stronger' Snow White who dreams of becoming a leader.

Ms Zegler previously addressed reports that the film was trying to be politically correct, claiming that the story needed 'refreshing'.

She said: 'People are making these jokes about ours being the PC Snow White... yeah, it is - because it needed that.

'Our version is a refreshing story about a young woman who has a function beyond Someday My Prince Will Come.'

</snip>

I get Dinklage's outrage, really...but c'mon, that's the characters, that's the &#%$ing story.  They didn't cast a tall white woman as Tyrion Lannister.

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

</snip>

</snip>

Some pictures. They look like snaps taken at a really low-budget Ren Faire. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Some pictures. They look like snaps taken at a really low-budget Ren Faire. 

Rita Moreno and the Fellowship of the Ring.  

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Rita Moreno and the Fellowship of the Ring.  

Snow White, a dwarf, and the Village People.

• Haha 2