Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

AFC Championship Game: Buffalo vs Kansas City

Ann

leh-nerd skin-erd
13 hours ago, Foxx said:

One might ask him why is he a member here then.

I'm like the homely kid sitting next table over from the cool kid table (@Ann is the cool hot chick who navigates the landscape between all the various groupings of the rest of the kids in the school).    I can overhear just enough to be dangerous, and maybe take a selfie or two with you all in the background if selfies were a thing in the 70s.  Hard to pull it off with that damn wheel and gear noise on a Polaroid.

Anyway, MIH?  Who dat?  Married in Hamburg?  Matt in Haiti?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

How many fans is KC allowed to have in their racist stadium? 
Do they allow their fans to wear culturally appropriated costumes of the indigenous people of the plains? If so, what tribes?

I hope The Bills win convincingly. It will shut up a ton of doubters. The rest of them will have to wait a bit, but they’ll get shut up when The Bills win the SuperBowl. 

I heard yesterday Arrowhead can have 22,000.

48 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I heard yesterday Arrowhead can have 22,000.

I'm seeing videos all over FB of people in airports and restaurants with Bills gear there. We might just rock that house. All we need is 6700 to do that

• Like 1

Take Five: Bills should again dare the Chiefs to run

Here are my five takes on the Buffalo Bills’ AFC championship game Sunday at 6:40 p.m. against the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.

1. Go ahead. Dare the Chiefs to run again.

Despite the Bills’ 26-17 loss when the teams met in October, the defensive strategy made perfect sense. The idea was to keep big plays in the passing game to a minimum. The Bills mostly succeeded at that.

Where they fell short was allowing the Chiefs to run 46 times for 245 yards, an average of 5.3 yards per carry, and a touchdown. Rookie Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who is listed as questionable for Sunday with ankle and hip injuries, led the way with 161 yards on 26 attempts.

That figures to change this time because linebacker Matt Milano, who missed the previous game while injured, is back in the lineup. And he is a major difference-maker against the run.

Limiting Mahomes’ impact as a runner was also part of the Bills’ plan, and it, too, worked well as he finished with only 36 yards on 10 carries.

The Bills’ focus was not being burned deep, and for the most part, they weren’t.

2. Josh Allen goes back to being Josh Allen.

He isn’t always going to throw for 300-plus yards and multiple touchdowns. It only seems that way.

Allen was solid in the Bills’ 17-3 divisional-round triumph against Baltimore last week, but far from spectacular. He threw for only 206 yards and a touchdown, but he avoided turnovers.

Efficiency will matter against the Chiefs, but production will matter more. As confident as the Bills might be in their defense’s ability to prevent Kansas City from piling up points, they must get stronger output from their offense than they had a week ago or in their regular-season game against the Chiefs.

Allen should find opportunities to connect with Stefon Diggs and John Brown for game-breaking plays, while keeping the chains moving with underneath throws to Cole Beasley. That is the essence of the Bills’ offense, and it has to resemble what it has been for most of this great run if the team is to fulfill its goal of reaching the Super Bowl for the fifth time. ...

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Take Five: Bills should again dare the Chiefs to run

Here are my five takes on the Buffalo Bills’ AFC championship game Sunday at 6:40 p.m. against the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.

1. Go ahead. Dare the Chiefs to run again.

Despite the Bills’ 26-17 loss when the teams met in October, the defensive strategy made perfect sense. The idea was to keep big plays in the passing game to a minimum. The Bills mostly succeeded at that.

Where they fell short was allowing the Chiefs to run 46 times for 245 yards, an average of 5.3 yards per carry, and a touchdown. Rookie Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who is listed as questionable for Sunday with ankle and hip injuries, led the way with 161 yards on 26 attempts.

That figures to change this time because linebacker Matt Milano, who missed the previous game while injured, is back in the lineup. And he is a major difference-maker against the run.

Limiting Mahomes’ impact as a runner was also part of the Bills’ plan, and it, too, worked well as he finished with only 36 yards on 10 carries.

The Bills’ focus was not being burned deep, and for the most part, they weren’t.

2. Josh Allen goes back to being Josh Allen.

He isn’t always going to throw for 300-plus yards and multiple touchdowns. It only seems that way.

Allen was solid in the Bills’ 17-3 divisional-round triumph against Baltimore last week, but far from spectacular. He threw for only 206 yards and a touchdown, but he avoided turnovers.

Efficiency will matter against the Chiefs, but production will matter more. As confident as the Bills might be in their defense’s ability to prevent Kansas City from piling up points, they must get stronger output from their offense than they had a week ago or in their regular-season game against the Chiefs.

Allen should find opportunities to connect with Stefon Diggs and John Brown for game-breaking plays, while keeping the chains moving with underneath throws to Cole Beasley. That is the essence of the Bills’ offense, and it has to resemble what it has been for most of this great run if the team is to fulfill its goal of reaching the Super Bowl for the fifth time. ...

I agree with #1. That and contain Kelce and that’s a good start.

In the October game, it seemed like KC’s line pushed our front 7 off the line on every play.  If we can keep the point of attack at the line of scrimmage, or on their side, we will be doing great.

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I agree with #1. That and contain Kelce and that’s a good start.

In the October game, it seemed like KC’s line pushed our front 7 off the line on every play.  If we can keep the point of attack at the line of scrimmage, or on their side, we will be doing great.

Agreed. I think we are a completely different D than what KC faced in week six. Did Phillips play that week? I know it looked like he was living in the the Ravens backfield last week. Hopefully we see much of the same this week.

An item I find somewhat interesting, is that both games this week are a reprise of week 6. Except that the teams are meeting in the opposites teams stadium. Can both week 6 losing teams reverse that week 6 outcome? I believe they can.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1