Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

AFC Championship Game: Buffalo vs Kansas City

Ann

1 hour ago, Boyst said:

I doubt he cares the slightest about this forum, nor does anyone who truly matters over there. Anyone upset that this forum exists should take a few minutes to self reflect.

Exactly. I still stop in to read the posts from time to time. I stopped in earlier in the week. @mead107 was in the shoutbox so I stopped in to say "hello" so to speak and MIH called me and Mead trolls and asked me why I stopped in when I have a new forum to visit. I replied that I visit 2 Bills forums and am in 4 Bills FB pages. Asked if that was ok with him. just one of the bully's in the playground

leh-nerd skin-erd
4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Forgive me if you've read this from me, but as a fan of the NFL, the single easiest thing to do is predict failure.

This is particularly attractive to that special group of ATOP posters who LOVE to post the four words I detest more than most: I told you so.

I can barely remember the posters any more but I think it was Simon who used to bust my balls every time I tried to be optimistic about the team, or a player, or a win, or a coach, etc. He would suddenly jump down my throat, reminding me how years ago I had the temerity to like Tom Donahoe...or JP Losman...or Rex Ryan...so on and so on.

The reality is, I'm a homer. I'm cheering for whoever is there because I WANT them to succeed. The Simons see this as being a fan who simply doesn't understand the game or, my favorite, "you're expectations for success are clearly very low while I hold the bar high because I expect this team to dominate immediately every day!"

This is a very good post, and I saw upthread (or downthread, whatever) that you were the "dinner's on me, smartass' thread.  I never really visited that posting, I'm not sure why, but it actually sounds pretty cool. 

You should consider that here--there's only so many hours in a day you can be plucking them taters in the panhandle.  

I have no beefs with Simon in particular, but probably told the story of my one warning point.  I had made an offhanded remark in the Kiko Alonzo days, to another poster, and wrote "The legend of 3rd...".  It wasn't directed @3rdnlng, but it was purged by Simon and this warning point appeared.  I didn't even know it was a thing. To be honest I was disappointed I may have inadvertently insulted the other poster.    I inquired, Simon replied and I was told the poster is/was sensitive.  I apologized to the other guy, he was nothing but gracious.  To this day with all the back and forth I've seen on the main board I still don't quite understand the system.  

In fact, one guy told me a couple times that I'm an idiot.  Can you imagine?  That guy must have had thousands of warning points.  He was mean. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

I always wondered why you stopped doing that.  I looked forward to that thread every year.

He said it was something homophobic, but  I seem to recall what bothered him was my new Obama rule that meant the person who won the contest had to give their winnings to the person with the worst record as part of the contest's new Redistribute the Wealth program.

Few things tweaked Simon like mocking Obama or Tim Graham.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Exactly. I still stop in to read the posts from time to time. I stopped in earlier in the week. @mead107 was in the shoutbox so I stopped in to say "hello" so to speak and MIH called me and Mead trolls and asked me why I stopped in when I have a new forum to visit. I replied that I visit 2 Bills forums and am in 4 Bills FB pages. Asked if that was ok with him. just one of the bully's in the playground

Tell MIH if he has a problem at all to feel free to text me. I don't see why he'd have an issue with people using two boards. I'd be curious to have him talk that one out and explain it so I could help him realize he's probably taking life too seriously to care so much. 

Josh Allen is the best quarterback on the field Sunday. Buffalo Bills are next level. Buffalo Bills are simply outstanding. Everything is coming up Buffalo Bills. They are GOING to the Super Bowl.

I can't stand Schein...but he's okay in my books today.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

50 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Tell MIH if he has a problem at all to feel free to text me. I don't see why he'd have an issue with people using two boards. I'd be curious to have him talk that one out and explain it so I could help him realize he's probably taking life too seriously to care so much. 

One might ask him why is he a member here then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Josh Allen is the best quarterback on the field Sunday. Buffalo Bills are next level. Buffalo Bills are simply outstanding. Everything is coming up Buffalo Bills. They are GOING to the Super Bowl.

I can't stand Schein...but he's okay in my books today.

Only because he's like every kid from Long Island that you hated seeing on the Wyndham slopes and in college?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boyst said:

I asked him if he sees that as a problem. He replied "whatever fan". As a person I like him. He reached out when he heard we were sick and the brides dad was in the hospital in November via text. But on the public board he attacks when I stop in. So I swing by and dont speak. Like the bully in the playground mentality. 

46 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Only because he's like every kid from Long Island that you hated seeing on the Wyindham slopes and in college?

Nah, my family's family was in Bayville and Oyster Bay, and I had summer friends from Patchogue. My problem with Schein is everything is either next-level simply outstanding off-the-charts incredible or single-handedly the absolutely worst-you-ever-seen embarrassment.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

One might ask him why is he a member here then.

I refuse to believe anyone here thinks less of a poster if they are linked in with another Bills forum if they love the Bills and bring something to this forum. Isnt that the point?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I refuse to believe anyone here thinks less of a poster if they are linked in with another Bills forum if they love the Bills and bring something to this forum. Isnt that the point?

Everyone here has a fresh start, it don't matter who you are or where you came from.

• Like 1

How many fans is KC allowed to have in their racist stadium? 
Do they allow their fans to wear culturally appropriated costumes of the indigenous people of the plains? If so, what tribes?

I hope The Bills win convincingly. It will shut up a ton of doubters. The rest of them will have to wait a bit, but they’ll get shut up when The Bills win the SuperBowl. 

• Cheers 1