Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

AFC Championship Game: Buffalo vs Kansas City

Ann

1 hour ago, Meazza said:

Reading this, it's shocking at what level ATOP was wrong about Josh.  Thread after thread about how he would never make it as a franchise QB because of his accuracy and that we should tank the season to draft a real franchise QB.

Forgive me if you've read this from me, but as a fan of the NFL, the single easiest thing to do is predict failure.

This is particularly attractive to that special group of ATOP posters who LOVE to post the four words I detest more than most: I told you so.

I can barely remember the posters any more but I think it was Simon who used to bust my balls every time I tried to be optimistic about the team, or a player, or a win, or a coach, etc. He would suddenly jump down my throat, reminding me how years ago I had the temerity to like Tom Donahoe...or JP Losman...or Rex Ryan...so on and so on.

The reality is, I'm a homer. I'm cheering for whoever is there because I WANT them to succeed. The Simons see this as being a fan who simply doesn't understand the game or, my favorite, "you're expectations for success are clearly very low while I hold the bar high because I expect this team to dominate immediately every day!"

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

There are times when I told you so is just freaking nice to say. There are times when being right against all odds and haters is just terrific. 

There are a few times I was right. Most notably Cam Newton. But I was wrong on prospects like Darron Lee, Prince Amukrarmamamamansnssjjs

I can excuse the latter because of pro projections on college careers. 

Nouseforaname
32 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Forgive me if you've read this from me, but as a fan of the NFL, the single easiest thing to do is predict failure.

This is particularly attractive to that special group of ATOP posters who LOVE to post the four words I detest more than most: I told you so.

I can barely remember the posters any more but I think it was Simon who used to bust my balls every time I tried to be optimistic about the team, or a player, or a win, or a coach, etc. He would suddenly jump down my throat, reminding me how years ago I had the temerity to like Tom Donahoe...or JP Losman...or Rex Ryan...so on and so on.

The reality is, I'm a homer. I'm cheering for whoever is there because I WANT them to succeed. The Simons see this as being a fan who simply doesn't understand the game or, my favorite, "you're expectations for success are clearly very low while I hold the bar high because I expect this team to dominate immediately every day!"

In summary, Simon is a dipshit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Meazza said:

In summary, Simon is a dipshit.

He's not a dipshit. He's a douchebag. A condescending, childish douchebag.

Years ago I used to do an annual football pool right after the schedule was released. I'd write a joking little monologue, then get people to post how the Bills would fare based on the newly released schedule.

I did it for seven or eight years, and everyone seemed to dig it a lot. One year I made a comment in the opening that offended Simon -- I think I referenced someone was light in the loafers or a rump-ranger. 

He killed the entire thread...all the picks everyone made...everything. And never once approached me about it until after the fact. All he had to do was ask me to remove what offended him, but no.

Because he's a douchebag.

• Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

Even WSJ gets in on the act.

Stefon Diggs Made a Miracle. Then He Made Josh Allen a Star.

The Buffalo Bills needed to stretch the field, so they paid a huge price for a receiver who excels at just that. Then they became a Super Bowl contender.

Stephon Diggs is not generally being used to stretch the field. While I believe he could be, the vast majority of his receptions have been for 1st downs. His reception average is less that 12 yards per catch. The WSJ should stay in their own lane and not stretch so far for a story. 

Nouseforaname
13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Years ago I used to do an annual football pool right after the schedule was released. I'd write a joking little monologue, then get people to post how the Bills would fare based on the newly released schedule.

I did it for seven or eight years, and everyone seemed to dig it a lot. One year I made a comment in the opening that offended Simon -- I think I referenced someone was light in the loafers or a rump-ranger. 

He killed the entire thread...all the picks everyone made...everything. And never once approached me about it until after the fact. All he had to do was ask me to remove what offended him, but no.

I agree and one of the reasons I'm happy I left.

It must kill him not to be able to use his mod powers on this forum.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Meazza said:

I agree and one of the reasons I'm happy I left.

It must kill him not to be able to use his mod powers on this forum.

I doubt he cares the slightest about this forum, nor does anyone who truly matters over there. Anyone upset that this forum exists should take a few minutes to self reflect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I always wondered why you stopped doing that.  I looked forward to that thread every year.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I hope you do the same here - it was a value add.

I wondered what happened to that and now I know.

4 hours ago, Hedge said:

I’m right there with you.

My wife has said to me multiple times over the last few weeks, “how are you not more excited?”. It’s an easy answer. I am just enjoying the ride (but am still a nervous wreck during the games) as the team has already greatly surpassed my expectations for this season. Come what may, we have had the privilege of watching our team finally gel into a real force in the NFL and the football future couldn’t be brighter. The Bills have a MVP level franchise QB who has now put it all together (and still isn’t even at his ceiling), and is someone who makes everyone around him better. High caliber free agents are going to start coming to Buffalo to...win. We have both a front office and coaching staff who are magnificent. We have the pieces both now and for the foreseeable future.

It’s a great time to be a Bills fan.

This is how I feel right now.

I'd add that I was thinking today about how I won't sleep for two weeks if the Bills win and Tampa Bay wins.  I just won't sleep. The anxiety will be off the charts.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

This is how I feel right now.

I'd add that I was thinking today about how I won't sleep for two weeks if the Bills win and Tampa Bay wins.  I just won't sleep. The anxiety will be off the charts.

I look at it as it being a bunch of men who I don't know can only get me so far. I out my emotional investment in to getting this far. After this it's all just going to be joy. If we lose I won't be crushed or disappointed. I expected us to get this far. If we lost to Minnesota in week 5 I'd be disappointed. If we beat KC week I would be happy.

But this is the playoffs. Let's see what happens. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Because I posted cartoon frogs, Simon said I had "hate in my heart."

Just now, Boyst said:

I look at it as it being a bunch of men who I don't know can only get me so far. I out my emotional investment in to getting this far. After this it's all just going to be joy. If we lose I won't be crushed or disappointed. I expected us to get this far. If we lost to Minnesota in week 5 I'd be disappointed. If we beat KC week I would be happy.

But this is the playoffs. Let's see what happens. 

I've consoled myself for 30 years about how "the ride" was just as good as winning it all.  I only 1/4 agree with that mentality now.  I've been relaxed all this week mainly because I somehow can't see just how good this team is.  Losing to Marsha in the SB would hurt if it happens because (1) that's one team I CAN see that we're better than and (2) it's Marsha.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Because I posted cartoon frogs, Simon said I had "hate in my heart."

There are so many remainders over ATOP with hate in their hearts is it unbelievable. Real blinding hate.

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

You are welcome to begin the football pool tradition here. 🙂

• FANtastic 2