Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Draft 2021

Ann

I've always enjoyed Astro's Mock Drafts https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Mock-Draft/2021-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1b.asp Zaven Collins is a freak who's garnered over two years of attention from McBeane. He's been a terror in coverage and as a pass rusher. In fact, Collins is the only player in the FBS to have 4 sacks and 4 INTs this year. The Bills snared another freak LB, Tremaine Edmunds, in Beane's first draft. Putting two animals next to each other is a tantalizing option if they have to move on from Milano. 

- Dean Kindig, Bills Analyst

Last week he had us taking the Alabama Running Back Najee Harris in the First. That kid is a beast!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

The Athletic's Dane Brugler's (paid, and my broken record will continue to say it is worth it) mock draft:

21. ***TRADE***

Buffalo receives:
2021 first-round pick (No. 21 overall

Indianapolis receives:
2021 first-round pick (No. 30 overall)
2021 third-round pick (No. 93 overall)
2021 fifth-round pick

Buffalo Bills (via IND) — Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina

Since Brandon Beane was hired as general manager in 2017 the Bills have been one of the most aggressive teams in the first two rounds of the draft, targeting certain players and trading up to get them. Buffalo could upgrade the No. 2 cornerback spot on the depth chart, and Horn is a great fit for what the Bills covet at the position. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Nanker said:

I've always enjoyed Astro's Mock Drafts https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Mock-Draft/2021-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1b.asp Zaven Collins is a freak who's garnered over two years of attention from McBeane. He's been a terror in coverage and as a pass rusher. In fact, Collins is the only player in the FBS to have 4 sacks and 4 INTs this year. The Bills snared another freak LB, Tremaine Edmunds, in Beane's first draft. Putting two animals next to each other is a tantalizing option if they have to move on from Milano. 

- Dean Kindig, Bills Analyst

Last week he had us taking the Alabama Running Back Najee Harris in the First. That kid is a beast!

I like Collins but he's the kinda guy that Belichick loves.  I don't know if he could pass on him.

• Like 1

Buffalo Timmy

If we don't trade any picks how much money will our draft picks cost us in salary cap this year? I know this info is available but I could not find it quickly

On 2/11/2021 at 4:03 PM, Ann said:

The Athletic's Dane Brugler's (paid, and my broken record will continue to say it is worth it) mock draft:

21. ***TRADE***

Buffalo receives:
2021 first-round pick (No. 21 overall

Indianapolis receives:
2021 first-round pick (No. 30 overall)
2021 third-round pick (No. 93 overall)
2021 fifth-round pick

Buffalo Bills (via IND) — Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina

Since Brandon Beane was hired as general manager in 2017 the Bills have been one of the most aggressive teams in the first two rounds of the draft, targeting certain players and trading up to get them. Buffalo could upgrade the No. 2 cornerback spot on the depth chart, and Horn is a great fit for what the Bills covet at the position. 

If the Bills spend 3 of their first 5 picks on one CB I will need therapy to overcome my flashbacks to the 2000s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

If the Bills spend 3 of their first 5 picks on one CB I will need therapy to overcome my flashbacks to the 2000s.

As I mentioned above, the combination of the position, moving up and the cost of that move is ridiculous, especially when you consider the Bills cap position.

• Like 2

Drafttek Round 1 pick  (2/10/2021)

30 Buffalo
Buffalo NFL Mock Draft logo
Zaven Collins
Tulsa
OLB
Reach/Value:

Height:
6'4''
Weight:
Zaven Collins NFL Draft photo

Big Baller is doing his due diligence on OLBs available in this draft. There have been 23 linebackers whose games were scouted by the Bills over the last 2 years, 14 LBs just this year. Of the fourteen, 8 LBs had Milano's 4.58 speed or better. All had a scout at one game or more. All but four played in a 4-3. Even the 3-4 'backers, Cameron McGrone, Jabril Cox, Erroll Thompson, and Joshua Ross, all had a scout at one game or more. Brandon Beane hasn't ruled out using the franchise tag on Milano, but he's covering all bases. Could the Bills do better than Matt Milano at WLB?

Since being picked in RD5 of the 2017 Draft, Milano has logged 183 tackles, 30 of them for loss, with 25 QB hits and 21 passes defensed. He has forced 2 fumbles and recovered 5. He was dinged up this year, playing only 10 games/five starts, but he played well down the stretch with 25 tackles in his last 3 games. Still, the decrease in cap will force some tough decisions, particularly about Josh Allen's protectors, OGOC Jon Feliciano and RT Darryl Williams. Tagging one delays the pain; it doesn't eliminate it. If Beane and the Bills have to go against their pledge to "Draft, Develop, Re-sign" their own, they would have to draft another one early, likely in RD1.

Zaven Collins is a freak who's garnered over two years of attention from McBeane. He's been a terror in coverage and as a pass rusher. In fact, Collins is the only player in the FBS to have 4 sacks and 4 INTs this year.

• Like 3

I can see them picking Collins if he's there but he's exactly the kind of guy Belichick covets.  I'll be pretty surprised if he's there at 30 but I'd much rather pay a rookie with 5 years of control 30th pick money than pay Milano around $14M a year.  That's just too much money for someone who doesn't have the "Von Miller effect" on football games.

• Like 2

Not only a good read but also very interesting. They list three targets for each of the first three picks.

Buffalo Bills draft picks: Top selections, prospects to target in 2021 NFL Draft

The Buffalo Bills ran all the way to the AFC Championship Game this past season, but to get over the hump and into the Super Bowl, they’ll need to be smart with their roster and would boost their Lombardi Trophy hopes with instant-impact picks near the top of the 2021 NFL Draft.

Thanks to the huge step forward quarterback Josh Allen took in his third year as a pro, Buffalo suddenly has a wide-open Super Bowl window. Will the Bills prioritize upgrading the rushing attack to complement Allen, bolster the trenches to better protect him, or upgrade the defense with their first few draft picks?

General manager Brandon Beane got the critical piece of the puzzle right by drafting Allen, and now it’s on him and the front office to maximize the signal-caller’s prime. Below is a look at Buffalo’s top 2021 draft picks and analyze prospects they’re most likely to target with those selections. ...

• Like 1

Another strong article that looks at our entire roster and makes recommendations.

Buffalo Bills 2021 free agency and NFL Draft preview

The Buffalo Bills finally ended the reign of terror in the AFC East last season, advancing to the AFC championship game where they lost 38-24 to the Kansas City Chiefs. It was the first time that the New England *Patriots weren’t AFC East champions in over a decade and just the second time New England hadn’t come in first since the turn of the century.

There is a new sheriff in the division heading into 2021. And there’s no reason Buffalo can’t top the division again next year with a solid offseason. 

Projected cap space (Over the Cap): $-1,822,851 (21st in NFL)

Picks in 2021 NFL Draft: 30, 61, 94, 145, 158, 189, 200

Buffalo Bills Projected 2021 Offense ...

Quick prediction:

Every year we see some team desperate to get back into the low first round to pick up a QB that fell,

knowing this I would not be surprised if Beane trades us out of the first for a good price.

:worship:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Quick prediction:

Every year we see some team desperate to get back into the low first round to pick up a QB that fell,

knowing this I would not be surprised if Beane trades us out of the first for a good price.

:worship:

Well, I'm not sure I'm seeing it as the top of the 2nd round right now looks like this:

33. Jacksonville

34. JESTS

35. Atlanta

36. Miami

37. Philly

38. Cinci

39. Carolina

40. Denver

DraftTek has T. Lawrence to Jags #1, Z. Wilson to NYJ #2, J.Fields to Detroit#7, Trey Lance to Carolina #8, Mac Jones to New Orleans #28.

Maybe Atlanta wants a replacement for Matt Ryan?

Beane won't deal with Miami.

Philly - who the heck knows... it's Philly after all. 

Cinci - I think they stand pat.

Denver - Perhaps, but that's #40 and they'd need a few picks to drop down that far.

https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-College-QBs.asp

They have Kyle Trask as the next highest rated QB @ #34, and after him, everyone falls off a steep cliff. 

• Cheers 1

The Athletic's Top 10 RB ranking (Dane Brugler)

[paywall]

1. Najee Harris, Alabama (6-foot-2, 230 pounds)

A two-year starter at Alabama, Harris was the lead back in former offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian’s offense, sharing the backfield with Damien Harris and Josh Jacobs as a sophomore before becoming the clear starter his final two seasons. The 2017 Alabama recruiting class included numerous five-stars such as Tua Tagovailoa and Jerry Jeudy, but Harris was considered the prize of the group, and he didn’t disappoint, steadily improving each year and setting school records for career rushing yards (3,843) and total touchdowns (57).

Harris has the quick, graceful feet of a much smaller back to elude pursuit, showing improved decision-making and on-field maturity as a senior in Tuscaloosa. Although he doesn’t have his home run juice, he compares favorably to Matt Forte with his athletic cuts, natural instincts, reliability as a pass-catcher and toughness to wear down defenses. Overall, Harris is not a proven big-play threat, but he skillfully toggles between patience and power to press holes and maximize each run, projecting as an NFL starter due to his reliable skill set as a rusher, receiver and blocker.

2. Travis Etienne, Clemson (5-foot-10, 212 pounds)

3. Javonte Williams, North Carolina (5-foot-10, 220 pounds)

4. Kenneth Gainwell, Memphis (5-foot-11, 195 pounds)

5. Michael Carter, North Carolina (5-foot-8, 202 pounds)

6. Trey Sermon, Ohio State (6-foot-0, 213 pounds)

7. Khalil Herbert, Virginia Tech (5-foot-9, 204 pounds)

8. Larry Rountree, Missouri (5-foot-11, 216 pounds)

9. Jermar Jefferson, Oregon State (5-foot-10, 216 pounds)

10. Jaret Patterson, Buffalo (5-foot-9, 197 pounds)

A three-year starter at Buffalo, Patterson was one of the most productive backs in the country in head coach Lance Leipold’s run-first attack. Barely recruited out of high school, he holds the school record for rushing touchdowns (52) and finished 165 yards shy of the Buffalo record for career rushing yards (Branden Oliver, 4,094).

A chunk-play creator in college, Patterson is a competitive runner with the vision and balance to pick through the defense and slalom around roadblocks. However, he feasted on some poor run fronts and tackling in the Mid-American Conference, and his lack of explosiveness and contact power will make it much tougher to elude tacklers in the NFL. Overall, Patterson doesn’t have ideal size/power of an early-down back or the pass-catching or blocking skills of a third-down back, but he runs with quick feet and boundless energy. He projects similar to a Myles Gaskin-type of NFL runner.

• Like 1