Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

GME, Hedge Funds, Citadel and Reddit

Foxx

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Some of the pros are still getting out today, it seems...but yeah, mostly this.  People buying now are people who never heard of GameStop  the stock market before TikTok. 

FIFY.  Lots of collateral damage in the millennial prep boy's "fun".  

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Warren on CNBC now, talking about forcing the SEC to enforce the laws that prohibit...stock buybacks that artificially inflate the price of the stocks?  

"To have a healthy stock market, you have to have a cop on the beat."

Now she's openly suggesting a conspiracy theory that unknown shadowy figures are behind reddit manipulating GameStop.

Yay, American leadership!

This was my biggest fear.  The numbskulls would use this episode to push for dumb policy proposals that are totally unrelated

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No...but it wouldn't have mattered anyway, since I have so much contempt for the opinions of others, so I'd still do my own due diligence anyway.  

This is the impetus for my "thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice" crap.  

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Warren: "If you want to be an American citizen, you have to pay a wealth tax."

Whether that wealth has any liquidity or not.  Do these people think this shit through?   And yes that was rhetorical.  

1 minute ago, Ann said:

The action will more likely be directed at the investors and not Robinhood ...   They may want to see if there's a group that collectively ended up owning more than 5% without disclosing the ownership.  Tough to prove with millions of individual investors scattered all over. 

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Seriously?  Going after a loose group of investors defined only by their participation in a reddit subgroup as "qualified institutional investors?"  

That's as worrisome as defining trespassing in the Capitol as an "insurrection."

I don't think that the 5% rule applies only to qualified investors.  I think it's for any shareholder, or a connected group.   I think the rules are fuzzy for that exact reason.

I’m not a money man, but im an expert in bastards, which is why I’m predicting this whole thing will lead to bipartisan support to restrict the markets from the layman for the layman’s own good. 

• Like 4