Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

GME, Hedge Funds, Citadel and Reddit

Foxx

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

It is my understanding that Robinhood sold shares today without the permission of the shareholders, and would not allow the trades to be cancelled.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Margin calls.

I hadn’t considered that most of these accounts were likely trading on margin. That makes more sense.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Wow.   The only thing missing is someone saying "Blue horseshoe loves GameStop" into the phone.

image.png.0eaa154c267867e00626b42b79a5bbf1.png

One of my best clients (meaning I can give him shit and he takes it) called.  It went something like this.

Me <picking up call>:  NO!

Him:  Ha!  I didn't think so. Just checking

Me:  Turn off the news.

Him:  Talk next quarter?

Me:  Maybe........

• Haha 3

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What chart is that?  I haven't seen that mid-afternoon spike anywhere else.

That chart represents my patience with Billsfans.com during the day.

8 minutes ago, Meazza said:

That chart represents my patience with Billsfans.com during the day.

My only concern with Billsfans is Simon will confuse it with OnlyFans, set up an account and start posting.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What chart is that?  I haven't seen that mid-afternoon spike anywhere else.

That's at the top of the page when I type GME into google.

Maybe I've been following the wrong stock all day!

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

And most of those forced trades were at the day's lows, when margin calls were most likely.

And I mentioned above: Robinhood's trading accounts default to margin accounts when you sign up, and you specifically have to request a cash account.  And Robinhood is not designed to attract a sophisticated trading demographic, so I'd expect most users would be trading on margin and not even know it.

Those margin calls can be a killer.  Just ask Randolph and Mortimer Duke.

I'm sure the late night "comedians" will be all over the hysterical irony of an app called Robinhood actively restricting the rights of the poor to compete on an even footing with the rich.

Oh wait....no they won't.

• Like 2

Google is actively removing negative reviews of the Robinhood app from the Google Play Store, the company confirmed to The Verge. After some disgruntled Robinhood users organized campaigns to give the app a one-star review on Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store — and succeeded in review-bombing it all the way down to a one-star rating — the company has now deleted enough reviews to bring it back up to nearly four stars.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/1/28/22255245/google-deleting-bad-robinhood-reviews-play-store

• Angry 1
  • Wow 1