Super Bowl LV Discussion

Ann

Well, someone had to do the dirty deed.

Sunday, February 7, 2021
6:30 pm on CBS

Kansas City Chiefs vs the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

I can't recall the last time I was less excited about a Super Bowl... wait, I can! It was the last time Marsha played in one.  Can't he just go away already?

• Like 1

Tom-Brady-112320-getty-ftr

Super Bowl odds, spread, line: Buccaneers home underdogs for Super Bowl 55 vs. Chiefs

Super Bowl uniforms 2021: What jerseys will Chiefs, Buccaneers wear during Super Bowl 55?

• Like 2

It figures that the 1st NFL team to ever play in a Superbowl in their home stadium would have Marsha as its QB.

Hoping & expecting the Chefs to crush the Bucs.

Will watch the game, but as usual, primarily for the commercials.

Wings, home made pizza, & likely nachos.  The important stuff. 😉

• Like 2

I just hope for a good game really.

Well, actually, let me take that back. I will be rooting for KC. Not because of any ill will towards Marsha but rather because I would prefer we lost to the best team in the NFL. If that happens, not that it would mean much but we could lay claim to being the second best team in the entire NFL.

• Like 1

Why does the Manscaped model in the ad have that “Oooh, Come hither look” like she’s lusting for a chance to try her razor out on Marsha and Mahomes at the same time?

I hope she gets her chance and the razor slips, nicks, and cuts so they both can’t play in the game and both teams have to use their back up quarterbacks. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I thought this was saying the game was tonight. I'd have been a bit surprised but I didn't know it was this week or next.  🤷🏼‍♂️

Nawww you'll get a game day thread. And a food thread. And a commercials thread.

Personally, I'm looking more forward to the food and hoping the commercials do not suck than I am the game.

• Like 2

The Guy In Pants

I am not watching this year. Not for any grandstanding political reason. I just really hate Marsha and I have grown to hate Patrick Mahomes and all things Chiefs. It'll just be another Sunday night for me. 

I want the Bills to be great. But; I also want them to be humble. That's what kills it for the Chiefs and *Patriots/Marsha for me. If they weren't so cocky and their golden veiled holiness wasn't crammed down my throat every single time someone opens their mouth about the NFL; It wouldn't be so bad for me. 

Whoever wins; they'll never shut up about it. It'll either be Patrick "Walk On Water Two Times" Mahomes or the anti-Christ himself hoisting that trophy and becoming the face of the NFL for the foreseeable future. We will spend the next 6 months digging deep to get any information on any other teams.

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

The Guy In Pants
15 hours ago, Norm said:

What a shame, Hogans Heros is on at the same time

Columbo is on too. I enjoy that more. 

better get your wings and adjust your budget

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/02/02/chicken-wing-shortage-super-bowl/

America, we have another crisis. We’re running out of chicken wings.

Days before the Super Bowl, a veritable annual chicken wing holiday, food service providers are scrambling to get their hands on these delectable morsels of poultry — and paying top dollar for them, too.

But wing prices have been flying high for months now during the coronavirus pandemic. Experts say there are a number of drivers of the increase, but chief among them is that we’re all eating a ton of chicken, including wings. The shortage isn’t so much that producers aren’t making enough wings, it’s that consumers want more and more (and more) of them to scarf down.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

21 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Don't they have this story every year?

All of my vitriol towards Marsha has evaporated.  Idk why, it just has.  I now hate the Chiefs.  That said I might watch but it'll be at work.

• Like 1

Just now, LeviF91 said:

Don't they have this story every year?

All of my vitriol towards Marsha has evaporated.  Idk why, it just has.  I now hate the Chiefs.  That said I might watch but it'll be at work.

no, i have noticed the price going up everywhere....

i think the story last year in March was a surplus of wings as no march madness. 

But i agree on the Marsha hate..just very ambivalent for this game.