Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Super Bowl LV Discussion

Ann

One of the things in the back of my noggin' has been the fate of teams that lose the SB.

The reality is that while getting back to the SB is difficult enough, in my mind there is a history of teams who lost the SB and then failed to make the playoffs the following year.

I say this with the hope that KC falls into this category. Until something changes, the Bills primary focus has to be to get past the Chiefs next year. Baltimore is less of a concern with Lamar under center, and otherwise you're looking at having to deal with the Titans and maybe the Browns.

As this story points out, however, here is what happened to the last 10 SB losers:

2011 - Steelers -  Earned a Wild Card game and lost in the first round to Tebow and the Broncos.

2012 - *Patriots* - Made it to the AFCCG vs. Ravens, where Ravens came back from 13-7 halftime to win.

2013 - 49ers - Returned to the NFCCG vs Seattle, which they lost after the Kaep endzone pick.

2014 - Broncos - Returned to the division round and lost to Luck and the Colts.

2015 - Seattle - Returned to the divisional round to get crushed by the Panthers.

2016 - Panthers - Fell the following season to 6-10 with an injured Newton.

2017 - Falcons - Fell the following season to 8-8.

2018 - *Patriots* - Returned to the SB where they lost to Nick Foles.

2019 - Rams - Fell to 9-7 and no playoffs

2020 - 49ers - Injuries shut the season down pretty quickly

So out of the 10 last SB losers, six of them at least returned to the playoffs, but none of them made it back to the SB and only two made it to their divisional championship games.

Which is all to say, again, I would love there to be fallout in KC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yipe !

3 hours ago — Leonard Fournette played a massive role in the playoffs, helping the Buccaneers reach and win the Super Bowl. According to coach Bruce ...

You can only drop so many swing passes from Marsha*.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

One of my favorite BILLS.  I was devastated when he left.  I wish the current regime would find a way to bring him back to teach tackling.  No one in NFL history got more bang for their buck than AW.

:worthy:

• 2 weeks later...