Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

5 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I admit I’m not a fan.. but I also admit he has looked better to my untrained eye as of late. But, top rated LB? Come on..

I'm there with ya. He is pretty good against the run and generally comes off the field in obvious passing situations. That said, like you said, he has been looking good even on the occasional passing play that he is in on. He's become much less of a liability when he is out there in those situations.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Onalim who?

Seriously. So many were wringing their hands at the time when he was put into the starting LB position to replace the Headless Wonder. This guy is very smart, a physical player, and a Leader. I wish him well and a long career as a Bill. 

• Like 4

I wish he could have played. Whenever he hit the ground it popped out and he was unstable and could not move laterally.  He is going to have it looked at again. He expects rehab and rest versus surgery. 

• Cheers 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

I’m really not understanding the folks saying LB is an off-season need for us.

It’s probably our deepest position on defense going into next season.

Our two starters, Milano and Bernard, are All-Pro level talents, and we also have Dodson and Williams on their rookie deals.

Matakevich is now 31 years old, but has been wearing the “C” on his jersey for the past three seasons. However if he doesn’t make the roster, it won’t be because of a need at LB. He doesn’t really factor in to the depth chart. If he’s not on the 53, it will be because he’s been supplanted as a leader of that unit, and is replaced by another core special teamer.

• Like 4

Uncle Joe
On 1/21/2024 at 9:48 PM, Ann said:

My concern was that maybe he had a stress fracture of the fibula. I for one am happy he did not play on the injury and perhaps incur long term damage. His play was an unexpected surprise this season. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...