Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

Why would he have to clear wavers if he was released?

Everybody, not just the young players, has to clear waivers if they're released after the trade deadline.

• Like 1

It’s amazing to me how the media can’t help but slurp all over Kermit and his head full of pubes. 

“Oh my gosh, did you see how amazing Mahomes was when it took him 70 passes to score 20 on the titans who are so good and nobody has ever done better against this team and they had such a great QB playing opposite him that it’s just amazing he’s so good. Ahhhh MVP!”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Bills really do not blitz

And, for the most part it makes sense, but it some games it's a real headscratcher.  Like when they're going up against the Cougar Hunter wearing Kelly green.  Frazier needed to find his inner Glanville for that game.

• Like 3

The Attorney General of DC has sued Daniel Snyder, the NFL and Roger Goodell in a civil suit.

The claim is that they colluded to deceive the public about the Commando’s sexual harassment investigation.

As if every private company reveals to their consumers every untoward, internal accusation, misdoings and investigations.  At first blush, this seems like an absolute crock of crap lawsuit.

https://oag.dc.gov/release/ag-racine-sues-washington-commanders-dan-snyder

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

The Attorney General of DC has sued Daniel Snyder, the NFL and Roger Goodell in a civil suit.

The claim is that they colluded to deceive the public about the Commando’s sexual harassment investigation.

As if every private company reveals to their consumers every untoward, internal accusation, misdoings and investigations.  At first blush, this seems like an absolute crock of crap lawsuit.

https://oag.dc.gov/release/ag-racine-sues-washington-commanders-dan-snyder

1) Show damages.  To file a suit, you have to be able to show some sort of damages claimed by the plantifs.

2) Show standing.  The DC AG is suing an organization based in Landover, Maryland?  :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

1) Show damages.  To file a suit, you have to be able to show some sort of damages claimed by the plantifs.

2) Show standing.  The DC AG is suing an organization based in Landover, Maryland?  :facepalm:

0.5) Show liability.  You have to be able to show that the Defendants had a duty to disclose any information to anyone outside of the organization.

This is legal grandstanding at its worst. I’ve got no love for Daniel Snyder, the NFL, or Rog Goodell, yet this lawsuit is absolutely stupid.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, snafu said:

0.5) Show liability.  You have to be able to show that the Defendants had a duty to disclose any information to anyone outside of the organization.

This is legal grandstanding at its worst. I’ve got no love for Daniel Snyder, the NFL, or Rog Goodell, yet this lawsuit is absolutely stupid.

According to the AG, liability is implied because the Commanders provide a product to be consumed by the public, thereby committing fraud by not disclosing.  

Which is completely backwards reasoning.  The only reason it's not the stupidest thing I've heard today is because...have you heard about the COVID vaccine placebo the world elite get?

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

According to the AG, liability is implied because the Commanders provide a product to be consumed by the public, thereby committing fraud by not disclosing.  

Which is completely backwards reasoning.  The only reason it's not the stupidest thing I've heard today is because...have you heard about the COVID vaccine placebo the world elite get?

Right, let’s follow that reasoning:  So if Hellman’s Mayonnaise Company had an internal sex discrimination accusation/investigation, the AG could sue them because “if the consumer had known, they might have bought store-brand mayonnaise” (which, ironically is akin to the quality of Commando Football).

And I’m just a regular vaccine schlub. Of course they didn’t offer me the placebo.

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 3