Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

19 hours ago, Ann said:

Erm :classic_blink:

NFL Linebacker Retires After Selling Rare Pokémon Card For Over $650,000

Playing in the NFL is tough and many players leave because of career-ending injuries or bad seasons. But after seven years in the league, Las Vegas Raiders linebacker Blake Martinez has retired mid-season for a different reason: He’s making enough money selling Pokémon cards—recently selling a very rare card for nearly $700,000—and doesn’t need the income he gets from playing anymore.

Las Vegas Raiders player Blake Martinez shocked many fans when he announced last week that he was retiring from the NFL at the relatively young age of 28.

</snip>

That's not Vontae Davis bad, but that's bad. Quitting on your team in the middle of the season. :facepalm:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Free-agent WR Odell Beckham Jr. plans to visit Cowboys, Giants after Thanksgiving

The Cowboys and Giants have emerged as two of the favorites to sign free-agent receiver Odell Beckham Jr., who plans to visit both NFC East rivals after this week's Thanksgiving holiday, per sources.

These are the only known visits scheduled for Beckham, though he could take others before making a decision on where to sign.

Beckham, 30, did visit the Giants' facility last month to check on former teammate Sterling Shepard after Shepard's ACL tear, but did not meet with the team's brass. This time, it's planned, and an improbable reunion with the team that selected him 12th overall in the 2014 NFL Draft is a possibility.

</snip>

It's got to be about the Benjamins. I don't know that either team is as attractive as others out there if he really wanted to chase the another ring.

Just now, Foxx said:

It's got to be about the Benjamins. I don't know that either team is as attractive as others out there if he really wanted to chase the another ring.

Maybe the others have not called?

• I don't know 1

Yikes, and gross. Delaware North better get a good exterminator on retainer.

Jaguars Stadium Concession Stands Found Containing Dead Rodents

Anyone who’s attended an NFL game knows the importance of pairing the action on the field with a snack from the concession stands. Unfortunately, a recent inspection at TIAA Bank Field, the stadium of the Jaguars, revealed some unsavory findings behind the food counters.

During a game between the Jaguars and the Raiders on Nov. 6, inspectors uncovered 129 violations at a total of 29 concession stands inside the Jacksonville stadium, according to Action News Jacksonville. Among the infractions were two dead rodents, 159 rodent droppings and seven concession stands that were operating with an expired license. 

Delaware North, the company that runs the concessions at TIAA Bank Field, issued a statement to Ben Becker Action News Jax on the matter, reassuring fans that most of the violations were remedied within 24 hours of the inspection.

</snip>

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

Maybe the others have not called?

Didn't Beane say that they have talked? I know Buffalo probably can't offer the duckets others can, but I think the Giants are strapped right now and Jerry Jones, they prove the myth of the salary cap.

• I don't know 1

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

Anyone who’s attended an NFL game knows the importance of pairing the action on the field with a snack from the concession stands. Unfortunately, a recent inspection at TIAA Bank Field, the stadium of the Jaguars, revealed some unsavory findings behind the food counters.

During a game between the Jaguars and the Raiders on Nov. 6, inspectors uncovered 129 violations at a total of 29 concession stands inside the Jacksonville stadium, according to Action News Jacksonville. Among the infractions were two dead rodents, 159 rodent droppings and seven concession stands that were operating with an expired license. 

Delaware North, the company that runs the concessions at TIAA Bank Field, issued a statement to Ben Becker Action News Jax on the matter, reassuring fans that most of the violations were remedied within 24 hours of the inspection.

</snip>

Duvall gonna Duvall

49 minutes ago, Ann said:

</snip>

just ignore sanitation until someone catches you

much cheaper that way

57 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Of course it's about the Benjamins with OBJ.  It amazes me how anyone could think otherwise.  Someone will pay him then have to deal with his, and his father's, whining that OBJ isn't getting the ball enough.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Of course it's about the Benjamins with OBJ.  It amazes me how anyone could think otherwise.  Someone will pay him then have to deal with his, and his father's, whining that OBJ isn't getting the ball enough.

I would love to have him for a rental but coming back from an ACL, it is always questionable how one is going to respond. To get to full strength can often take more than a year.

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I would love to have him for a rental but coming back from an ACL, it is always questionable how one is going to respond. To get to full strength can often take more than a year.

I've heard "having him for a rental" several times in the recent past.  I personally wouldn't touch the guy, I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze - acl or not.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

I heard or read the OBJ is looking for a longer term deal, not just for this year

gotta lock-up  a long term deal before it becomes obvious his speed and agility is gone

BLAST FROM THE PAST

https://www.outkick.com/chad-kelly-toronto-argonauts-grey-cup-winnipeg-blue-bombers/

Chad Kelly is officially a CFL champion.

Kelly, who was a standout during his time at Ole Miss, is one of the QBs on the Toronto Argonauts, and Sunday night, he was pressed into service to help the team to a Grey Cup victory over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Late in the game, Kelly had to lead a late game scoring drive after starter McLeod Bethel-Thompson got hurt.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 1