Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Stafford most likely done for the year. The Rams will probably end up with the all-time worst record of a defending Super Bowl champion. The Lions... what, they will potentially get the number 2 pick plus their own?

Well....they went 'all out' for a Super Bowl and got it.  This is the other side.  I don't expect to see LAR back in the hunt for a very long time.

Maybe Stafford comes back refreshed next season, but I'm wondering if all those years taking a pounding in Detroit are starting to catch up with him.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Well....they went 'all out' for a Super Bowl and got it.  This is the other side.  I don't expect to see LAR back in the hunt for a very long time.

Maybe Stafford comes back refreshed next season, but I'm wondering if all those years taking a pounding in Detroit are starting to catch up with him.

It would really suck for the Rams if he retired.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

It would really suck for the Rams if he retired.

It's possible -- he's made a lot of money in the NFL.  But if he doesn't and is now over the hill, the Rams will be paying for that ring for a while.

image.thumb.png.67fbe549f8faf78ca00473693ccad122.png

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It's possible -- he's made a lot of money in the NFL.  But if he doesn't and is now over the hill, the Rams will be paying for that ring for a while.

image.thumb.png.67fbe549f8faf78ca00473693ccad122.png

I don't know if they are on the hook if he officially retires. Seeing those numbers though, he'd be nuts to retire when, at minimum, he could play out the string.

• Like 1

Just now, Foxx said:

I don't know if they are on the hook if he officially retires. Seeing those numbers though, he'd be nuts to retire when, at minimum, he could play out the string.

That's what I mean.  I assume the Rams would love him to retire and bring that $$ back into the mix for them.  They will need a rebuild and half their cap going to five guys is going to be a problem for a while.

Not that they'll have a first round pick to get a QB until the next decade.....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, KD in CA said:

That's what I mean.  I assume the Rams would love him to retire and bring that $$ back into the mix for them.  They will need a rebuild and half their cap going to five guys is going to be a problem for a while.

Gotcha. Re-read it and somehow missed it the first time around.

No matter how you look at it though, they are screwed for a number of years.

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Good, hopefully we can get Kupp cheap in the offseason:classic_love:

Jabba The Hutt
8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

They can when we give them a pick for Kupp

34 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

How the mighty have fallen.

He has to clear waivers, but San Fran probably has him on speed dial. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Just think...the highlight of his career is Progressive commercials.

Does Baker even make sense for SF? The entire Shannahan idea is that the QB does exactly what Shanny wants when he wants it. That doesn’t sound like Baker…

• I don't know 3
  • Cheers 2