Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Actually firing him the day BEFORE the Brown trade would have been better.

I wonder how they actually do those deals.  My impression of the BILLS and how they do things is completely based on consensus with GMBB owning the tie breaker.  I can't in a million years see them making a trade like that.

If Vrabel and the owner signed off on it, they're idiots too.

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Rams Claimed Baker! 

I actually kind of like the move for them… With all the weirdness around Stafford, it makes since to have someone in for a few game audition who you might be able to retain as insurance. 

Taro surmised in another thread that the Rams picked him up to keep him from their archenemy, the 49ers. I wouldn't doubt that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Taro surmised in another thread that the Rams picked him up to keep him from their archenemy, the 49ers. I wouldn't doubt that.

that, or they're down to their 3rd string QB

and Josh Johnson, everyone's favorite backup, was already poached 

and tanking does them no good as they gave away that draft pick

Edited by Spartacus

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Gee, people started realizing that it's a friggin' scam?  Welcome to the party, pals.

“...a mixture of nepotism and stupidity."

Is there any more perfect way to describe Collinsworthless in six words?

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I like the Lions and what they are doing but I think this is bold

Lions remaining schedule:

vs. Vikings

@ Jets

@ Panthers

vs. Bears

@ Packers

That’s not crazy at all, I don’t think. Maybe in the sense that winning 5 straight is just hard for a young team to do.

but I don’t think they’re hugely worse than any of those teams. We’ll see this week.

• Like 3

Panthers DE Anderson hoping to return after ‘minor stroke’

Carolina Panthers defensive end Henry Anderson said he’s hopeful he can return to action on Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks after suffering what he called “a minor stroke” in October because of a blood clot in his brain.

The 31-year-old Anderson said he felt numbness in his legs and his speech became slurred on Oct. 22, the day before the Panthers were to host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. His wife took him to a hospital, where he remained for several days receiving treatment.

The Panthers placed Anderson on the non-football illness list the following week, but the team never provided an explanation.

“It was a blood clot in the brain, that’s what the issue was,” Anderson told reporters on Wednesday. “We got it resolved pretty quickly.”

Anderson said he now realizes he’s fortunate it wasn’t any worse.

“I didn’t know much about strokes but I found out more about them and realized I got pretty lucky avoiding anything serious and long term,” Anderson said. “I am glad that I was kind of oblivious when it happened because I would have been a little more panicked had I realized what was going on. But like I said, I got pretty lucky.”

Anderson said doctors never determined what caused the blood clot.

“Every test we looked at came negative,” Anderson said. “I think it was something that I got unlucky because they ran a ton of tests and everything was good. There wasn’t anything that showed up or they could point to that they said could have caused it.”

</snip>

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, Ann said:

Carolina Panthers defensive end Henry Anderson said he’s hopeful he can return to action on Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks after suffering what he called “a minor stroke” in October because of a blood clot in his brain.

The 31-year-old Anderson said he felt numbness in his legs and his speech became slurred on Oct. 22, the day before the Panthers were to host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. His wife took him to a hospital, where he remained for several days receiving treatment.

The Panthers placed Anderson on the non-football illness list the following week, but the team never provided an explanation.

“It was a blood clot in the brain, that’s what the issue was,” Anderson told reporters on Wednesday. “We got it resolved pretty quickly.”

“I didn’t know much about strokes but I found out more about them and realized I got pretty lucky avoiding anything serious and long term,” Anderson said. “I am glad that I was kind of oblivious when it happened because I would have been a little more panicked had I realized what was going on. But like I said, I got pretty lucky.”

“Every test we looked at came negative,” Anderson said. “I think it was something that I got unlucky because they ran a ton of tests and everything was good. There wasn’t anything that showed up or they could point to that they said could have caused it.”

</snip>

What, no one's running "A Chance To Make History" headlines like they did for Bruschi?  

32 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

What, no one's running "A Chance To Make History" headlines like they did for Bruschi?  

Let's see if they have a "number of hits" tracker during the game for Anderson like they did for Bruschi.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

Man. A bunch of professional athletes getting serious blood clots. I’m sure this is all completely random.. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Man. A bunch of professional athletes getting serious blood clots. I’m sure this is all completely random.. 

Remember the good ol' days when we just blamed steroids?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Remember the good ol' days when we just blamed steroids?

"Rightly" blamed steroids.  I have a friend who is a huge Eagles' fan.  He hadn't even considered that Reggie White was a steriod user when he died in his early 40s from "sleep apnea".  Dude, I literally watched that man pick up Larry Allen with one arm and dwarf toss him.  Get real.

• Like 2