Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Does Cleveland being the most analytically inclined team really build the case for using analytics? :confused:

NFL analytics survey 2022: Teams that use advanced metrics most, least (long espn article)

Which NFL team is the most analytically advanced?
Voting for your own team was permitted for these first three questions.

1. Cleveland Browns (10)
2. Baltimore Ravens (4)
3. Philadelphia Eagles (3)
T-4. Atlanta Falcons (1)
T-4. Buffalo Bills (1)
T-4. Houston Texans (1)
T-4. Minnesota Vikings (1)

</snip>

Frankly they should have fired him the day after the AJ Brown trade.  It was an unfathomable mistake to jettison a guy who didn't get an insane contract who was as big a part of your offense as Derek Henry.

People have spent years talking about how Vrabel does such an amazing job making something out of bad rosters. It shouldn’t be a shock that the guy responsible for the bad rosters gets the boot. 

22 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

People have spent years talking about how Vrabel does such an amazing job making something out of bad rosters. It shouldn’t be a shock that the guy responsible for the bad rosters gets the boot. 

I'm not sure how people do their roster evals but I wouldn't have put TN on the "bad roster" side of the NFL.  They have a lot of very good players.

I'm curious if he ends up back in NE because he was there a long time.

The Titans, at least statistically wise, seem to be a mirage.

22nd in total defense (31st pass; 3rd rush) and 11th in points allowed @ 20.0 pg

29th in total offense (30th pass; 15th rush) and 26th in points scored @ 18.3 pg

They should be very thankful they play in the woeful AFCS, where 3 of their 7 wins have come from. Their other wins include beating the Raiders, Commanders, Broncos and Packers. They are also -21 in point differential.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

and the direction of roster is going to change now, 5 weeks before the playoffs?

I mean, people always say you have to keep your lame duck GM until after the draft cause they’ve done all the scouting. Maybe this allows them to get someone in early and not be stuck with Robinson picking another first round pick, which has been horrible. 

39 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not sure how people do their roster evals but I wouldn't have put TN on the "bad roster" side of the NFL.  They have a lot of very good players.

I'm curious if he ends up back in NE because he was there a long time.

They have good players, but I don’t think they have an overall good roster. And I think most people agree with that. That’s why everyone says Vrabel is so great. 

19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The Titans, at least statistically wise, seem to be a mirage.

22nd in total defense (31st pass; 3rd rush) and 11th in points allowed @ 20.0 pg

29th in total offense (30th pass; 15th rush) and 26th in points scored @ 18.3 pg

They should be very thankful they play in the woeful AFCS, where 3 of their 7 wins have come from. Their other wins include beating the Raiders, Commanders, Broncos and Packers. They are also -21 in point differential.

They are this year but it's been a slow slog to this place.  Tannyhill is an albatross and he was more easily covered up when Henry was less beat up and they had weapons on the outside.

Their Front 7 is still very good but their secondary is both young and beat up.

I have not been a fan of bringing in OBJ, but I also will admit he would certainly open up the offense a bit for the crucial playoff run.

That said, my interest goes from 'no' to 'hell no' if the belief is he won't really be ready to play until 2023.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Lost in all this is the Crackwagon coulda just kept Cooper.  What a weirdly run football team.

But when you can trade a viable #1 WR for a 5th round pick and then not spend the money you saved from doing so, you have to… 

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I have not been a fan of bringing in OBJ, but I also will admit he would certainly open up the offense a bit for the crucial playoff run.

That said, my interest goes from 'no' to 'hell no' if the belief is he won't really be ready to play until 2023.

Sounds like Cowboys smoke. If the Bills interest in him is real, they will have verified the medicals. 

Rams Claimed Baker! 

I actually kind of like the move for them… With all the weirdness around Stafford, it makes since to have someone in for a few game audition who you might be able to retain as insurance. 

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Frankly they should have fired him the day after the AJ Brown trade.  It was an unfathomable mistake to jettison a guy who didn't get an insane contract who was as big a part of your offense as Derek Henry.

Actually firing him the day BEFORE the Brown trade would have been better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2