Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Aaron wants out(?) Attention (?)

B-Man

Deranged Rhino
6 minutes ago, Ann said:

And man, he may not even make the squad this year for Buffalo. What a turnaround for that position group. 

• Like 3

On 7/28/2021 at 1:44 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

And man, he may not even make the squad this year for Buffalo. What a turnaround for that position group. 

Do you think we can trade him to GB?

😏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Do you think we can trade him to GB?

😏

I think that's a very real possibility, except they just gave up a 6th for Cobb. I suspect the Bills would rather see if he can make the team before trading him for a 6th or 7th.

But then again, I know better than to discuss trade values. I would have expected Texans to get more than a 6th for Cobb.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

F   Him. He’d  be our backup.  

he'd never be a Bill under Beane

He's toxic

no matter how much talent he has

Add Micah Hyde's exit as part of Rodgers' frustration

“After leaving that place, I remember him reaching out to me and letting me know how frustrated he was,” Hyde said of Rodgers. “His presser yesterday was a well thought-out conversation he had with the media. I think he was speaking a lot of facts. Hearing him say my name was a blessing. If a guy like that thinks that highly of myself, I know I’m doing something right.”

If Jordan Love were ready to go, Aaron Rodgers would be gone

</snip>

Jordan Love, the quarterback for whom the Packers traded up in the first round of the 2020 draft, hasn’t gotten the reps necessary to prepare to play. With no preseason last year due to the pandemic, Love has never taken a snap in any NFL game. The Packers simply couldn’t have made him the quarterback this year without assuming a significant risk that he’ll be overwhelmed and, in turn, his performance will be underwhelming.

If Love were ready to go, Rodgers undoubtedly would be gone. The philosophical divide between Rodgers and the Green Bay front office remains, with the team viewing Rodgers as a mere employee and Rodgers believing he has earned greater consideration than that. Gutekunst disputed on Thursday the suggestion that the team doesn’t treat players well — less than 24 hours after Rodgers took the podium with the smattering of Gs behind it to complain about the manner in which the front office treats players.

“We are always very sensitive to what those players have given this organization, and when we go through that it’s always with class and dignity,” Gutekunst said. “But again it’s a hard business and I think sometimes obviously the Packers may take the brunt of what is the NFL business.”

</snip>

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 7:14 AM, Spartacus said:

he'd never be a Bill under Beane

He's toxic

no matter how much talent he has

Maybe you're right, but I see things differently. The Packers' front office has basically wasted his career, failing to put a good team or good organization/coaching staff around him.

In 2013 during the games Rodgers played the Packers went 6-2. During the games he was injured they went 2-5-1. Compare that to New England. When Tom missed a year with an injury, Matt Cassell led them to an 11-5 record.

Without Rodgers, the Packers were (and are?) a team that will win 4 - 5 games per year. Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback who's spent his career watching his team make bad decision after bad decision. If he wants input into personnel decisions, it's not necessarily because he's a prima donna or toxic or anything. Maybe it's because his life experience has taught him that the Packers' front office can't be trusted to do the right thing if left to its own devices.

This new Packers front office doesn't seem like an upgrade. The Jordan Love pick in particular seems like something the playoff drought Bills would have done.

Edited by Arm of Harm