Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Aaron wants out(?) Attention (?)

B-Man

</snip>

The Packers reportedly persist in their refusal to trade Rodgers, in part because they don’t believe he’ll never play for them again. If they call his bluff and he shows up for 2021, problem solved (at least until 2022). If they call his bluff and he’s not bluffing, he’ll skip the full season — and the Packers would gain up to $35 million in cash and cap space.

</snip>

https://twitter.com/BuckyBrooks/status/1400796071698178052

On 5/25/2021 at 11:07 AM, Koko said:

At the end of the day, he's just bitching for yet another payraise.

rumor he wants to be fully guaranteed for length of Jordan Love's deal

looks to be mighty disappointed

Edited by Spartacus

On 6/5/2021 at 9:05 PM, Boyst said:

He signed a contract. He's a little bitch if he won't honor it.

That's usually my take too, but GB taking Love in the first round was an inexplicable FU.  Basically telling Rodgers "we'd rather protect being 11-5 in 2027 than maximize the chance of winning a Super Bowl before you retire."

32 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That's usually my take too, but GB taking Love in the first round was an inexplicable FU.  Basically telling Rodgers "we'd rather protect being 11-5 in 2027 than maximize the chance of winning a Super Bowl before you retire."

That's how the business is done though and you know that before signing your contract. 

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. They've buried me in petty jobs and I did them all. They gave me more petty job. I was done training my replacement after a week. I've literally been asked to do clean offices and do janitorial work.  😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Boyst said:

That's how the business is done though and you know that before signing your contract. 

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. They've buried me in petty jobs and I did them all. They gave me more petty job. I was done training my replacement after a week. I've literally been asked to do clean offices and do janitorial work.  😂😂😂

I love that stage;  it's a nice mental break.  In my last 3 months at my final job in NYC I probably did a total of about six hours of work.  My post count was probably at YOLO levels.

26 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I love that stage;  it's a nice mental break.  In my last 3 months at my final job in NYC I probably did a total of about six hours of work.  My post count was probably at YOLO levels.

I was asked to leave at 2pm today until my crews found out and protested they planned a going away party for me.  I'll go in tomorrow for lunch and call it a day. 

Edited by Boyst

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Boyst said:

No it isn't.  If i sign a personal services contract with my employer, at pretty much any point I can punch the &#%$ out...especially if they're not living up to their end of the bargain.

People LOVE to pretend that being a normal every day employee is the same thing as being one of the best 5 people on the planet at your job.  IT IS NOT THE SAME and loyalty is NEVER a one way street.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

No it isn't.  If i sign a personal services contract with my employer, at pretty much any point I can punch the &#%$ out...especially if they're not living up to their end of the bargain.

People LOVE to pretend that being a normal every day employee is the same thing as being one of the best 5 people on the planet at your job.  IT IS NOT THE SAME and loyalty is NEVER a one way street.

Can you elaborate more on that?  I'm curious to hear more.

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

You’re right, but what did the team do to not live up to their end of the bargain? And don’t forget, Rodgers was Love when he first got to the league. It is apparently the normal course of business for GB to choose a QB ahead of the incumbent’s retirement. The team just doesn’t have the need to go down that road very often.

Missed the big news this past weekend:classic_dry: Anyhooo reading the tea leaves, I doubt membership is over $50K/year which is couch cushion change for him. Still, for Packers fans looking for any good news in this drama, this is a positive sign. 

score.JPG.f1826d6ff4670ae65aacf2703d6972a5.JPG

Green Bay Country Club opened in 1995 and is located in Bellevue, Wisconsin, just 15 minutes from Lambeau Field. It has a swimming pool with a waterslide, six tennis courts, a nine-hole putting course, a six-hole par-three golf course and an 18-hole course designed by Dick Nugent. 

Aaron Rodgers renews his membership at the Green Bay Country Club

How Aaron Rodgers' golf game has fans in Green Bay clinging to hope

• Like 1

Aaron Rodgers Rumors: 'No Trade Market' for Packers QB; Star Likely Won't Opt Out

The Green Bay Packers have reportedly found "no trade market" for disgruntled superstar quarterback Aaron Rodgers ahead of the 2021 NFL season.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported the update on Get Up, also noting it's unlikely Rodgers will utilize the league's COVID-19 opt-out before Friday's deadline:

"I checked in with people around the league this morning. The feeling is that Aaron Rodgers probably won't opt out, but he got that $6.8 million roster bonus in March, so even if that's paid out in installments, he still has it. Maybe that's enough for him to say I'm going to limit the Packers' options and sit out and make that clear.

"Now, I talked to a source who said, 'look, he's the most competitive person in the world, opting out and killing his season right now on July 2 would be difficult for him to do.' Greeny, I've also checked in with multiple teams around the league who are monitoring the Aaron Rodgers trade situation. They said there is no trade market for Rodgers right now."

</snip>

• Cheers 1