Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Food

RochesterRob

I thought it might be good to have a thread to discuss ideas and recipes.  Cold weather coming so that means chili among other things for me.  Gonna make some corn and bean chowder which has some elements of chili in it.  Fresh sweet corn is just about done here in WNY but I take a couple of ears and slice the kernels into the mix.  I also do a two or three bean combo including red kidney beans and navy beans.  Sometimes I just put a can of Grandma Brown's baked beans in there.  Chili powder and a little brown sugar.  Fresh tomatoes that cook down.  

• Like 3

Hubby is cooking this weekend! :cheer2:  I should probably find out what, but as long as it isn’t venison, and I am not the one doing the cooking, I don’t really care what he is serving.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

Hubby is cooking this weekend! :cheer2:  I should probably find out what, but as long as it isn’t venison, and I am not the one doing the cooking, I don’t really care what he is serving.

The wife has been busy helping her family since her mom passed a few months ago so lots of kitchen time for me.  I don't mind.  Just a little sad some cool days have waited so long because like I said before fresh corn on the ear is big in setting the flavor in the chowder.  Sweet corn probably will be gone locally by the end of next week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, RochesterRob said:

The wife has been busy helping her family since her mom passed a few months ago so lots of kitchen time for me.  I don't mind.  Just a little sad some cool days have waited so long because like I said before fresh corn on the ear is big in setting the flavor in the chowder.  Sweet corn probably will be gone locally by the end of next week.

I am sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you.  The last several months were tough for the MIL but she lived a fairly full life into her 80's.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/16/2020 at 8:46 PM, RochesterRob said:

I just read this.So sorry for your loss Rob. I will keep your family in my prayers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Cajun shrimp is my new gameDay thing. Smoked paprika. Ground cayenne. Onion powder. Garlic powder. Salt. Thyme. Pinch of sugar.

grilled?

5 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

grilled?

Pan cooked. You toast the spices in olive oil for half a minute and then add the thawed shrimp. A local bar makes them (they grill theirs) and I had a season opener party but they had been booked to cater a wedding and couldn't take my order. This comes out just as good.

4iziul.jpg

Edited by LB3
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, mead107 said:

Putting some boneless wings in the oven 

Soon.  

great apple pie for dessert.  

wife and I both cook.  

Those are commonly called Nuggets!

I do almost all teh cooking in the house, make a lot of stuff i see on TV.

For game day today, doing chicken parm meatballs over polenta for halftime.

Recipe here, have made these 3 times prior to tonight..excellent! BTW, i just use corn meal to make the polenta

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-symon/chicken-parmesan-meatballs-with-soft-polenta-8730955

Watch the video if attached. I have made in both oven and the Egg..both fantastic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Are you looking for advice??  🤔

I'm more of a giver than a taker normally.................................................................................

I’ve been making yogurt. Super easy. 

1. Heat milk to 190

2. Let milk cool to 115

3. Add yogurt culture

4. Put in mason jars

5.  Incubate overnight at 100

A.  I use a cooler with a heating pad inside it. 
6.  Profit. 

You can flavor it with whatever you like.  I make a berry compote (cook berries sweetened with honey) and out that in the bottom of the mason jar. 

https://www.thecheesemaker.com/yomix-2651-probiotic-yogurt-culture-recipe/

• Like 1