Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Star Trek Thread

RochesterRob

RochesterRob

I went out with a girl while at Cornell University who took me out to see James Doohan who was appearing at Triphammer Mall in Ithaca, NY.  She invited me to go!  She was not really a fan but just looking to make my day.  I got to talk to James who related a story as to working on his garage door at his home.  He was in contract negotiations for Star Trek IV and was pessimistic as to whether a deal could be struck with Paramount.  He did not come right out and say it but I wonder if in his mind that he thought Shatner would be an obstacle based on later reports about the relationship between the two.  We talked for about five minutes and then he excused himself to go eat.  His general tone that day was down beat as though a lot of things in life did not go his way.  While not a fan to any degree I would bet that my girl friend was the same dress size (4) and could have rocked Grace Lee Whitney' Rand costume.  Funny thing about Cornell was the dating was the best there when high school and junior college are considered in comparison.  Went out with 8 in two years.  I wish that something long lasting had ocurred but women by that point were maturing.  Just looking for guys without the massive ego.  A woman who is into cosplay is the ultimate dream come true for quite a number of guys.  

• Cheers 2

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RochesterRob

• B-Man

• devnull

• Crap Throwing Clavin