• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RochesterRob

• B-Man

• devnull

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As many of you are probably aware, the free streaming app PlutoTV has a dedicated Star Trek stream.

Like many free streaming apps, there are commercials.  So I'm watching an episode of DSN9 and they have a commercial for some Indian food company called...Patak's

:hysterical:

And for those who don't see the humor, their brand name sounds like as a Klingon insult

https://klingon.wiki/Word/PetaQ

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
RochesterRob

I've been watching an online series called Logical Thinking based on the 1970's animated series.  It addresses logical fallacies that a large cross section of the population employs.  It even has guests such as Cyrano Jones and Harry Mudd.  Might be fun to troll ATOP or fin heaven with them.  

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
RochesterRob

RIP Kenneth Mitchell who appeared on ST : Lower Decks as well as ST : Discovery.  He had suffered from ALS.  He was 49.  

Crap Throwing Clavin

Fun fact: DeForest Kelley worked in a 1945 US Navy film Time to Kill with none other than George Reeves and an uncredited Betty White in her first role.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

• 4 weeks later...
RochesterRob
Posted (edited)

RIP actor Michael Barrier who played DeSalle a bridge officer in three episodes of the original series.  His episodes were "The Squire of Gothos", "This Side of Paradise" (airing now on H & I Network), and "Catspaw."  He died during Feb 2024 and was 90 years old.

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
RochesterRob

RIP Barbara Baldavin who played a crew member in three episodes of the original series.  Her episodes were Balance of Terror, Shore Leave, and Turnabout Intruder.  She met and then married Joe D'Agosta who was a casting director on Star Trek.  She was a semi-regular on the 1970's television show Medical Center starring Chad Everett.  Not much in the way of dialogue offered to her characters but exhibited a perky presence and her hair style was pure 1960's in her Season 1 episodes.  

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
On 4/5/2024 at 9:46 AM, devnull said:

Final season of Discovery premiered last night

Does anyone care?

Na…

• 2 weeks later...

Long-lost first model of the USS Enterprise from 'Star Trek' boldly goes home after twisting voyage

The first USS Enterprise has boldly gone back home, solving a decades-long mystery

The first model of the USS Enterprise — used in the opening credits of the original “Star Trek” television series — has boldly gone back home, returning to creator Gene Roddenberry's son decades after it went missing.

The model's disappearance sometime in the 1970s had become the subject of lore, so it caused a stir when it popped up on eBay last fall. The sellers quickly took it down, and then contacted Dallas-based Heritage Auctions to authenticate it. Last weekend, the auction house facilitated the model's return.

Eugene “Rod” Roddenberry, CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment, said he's thrilled to have the model that had graced the desk of his father, who died in 1991 at age 70.

</snip>

• Like 2

RochesterRob

It has been long speculated that many items associated with the production of Star Trek were taken off of the Paramount studio lot shortly after the cancellation of the series in 1969.  The value in those days would have been financially minimal so stuff had to be hidden so as not to be fired by Paramount when employees took stuff.  An employee could not retire off of the sale of a phaser or tricorder.  Barry Williams AKA Greg Brady was on the lot as the stage where the Enterprise bridge was got repurposed into the interior of the Brady house.  I always wondered what people such as himself saw as the bridge was being ripped down by the stage people?  Probably will never to be able to afford an original bridge chair but I wonder for the sake of my wife where Janice Rand's uniform is if still around although it would have to be let out some for a proper fit?

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

It has been long speculated that many items associated with the production of Star Trek were taken off of the Paramount studio lot shortly after the cancellation of the series in 1969.  The value in those days would have been financially minimal so stuff had to be hidden so as not to be fired by Paramount when employees took stuff.  An employee could not retire off of the sale of a phaser or tricorder.  Barry Williams AKA Greg Brady was on the lot as the stage where the Enterprise bridge was got repurposed into the interior of the Brady house.  I always wondered what people such as himself saw as the bridge was being ripped down by the stage people?  Probably will never to be able to afford an original bridge chair but I wonder for the sake of my wife where Janice Rand's uniform is if still around although it would have to be let out some for a proper fit?

Dated a girl in college who was a big Star Trek fan...went to conventions in cosplay before "cosplay" was "cosplay."  Yes, in the original style mini-skirt outfit.  And she was a talented ballet dancer.

It was as good as it sounds, yes.

• Love 2