Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Star Trek Thread

RochesterRob

One episode left to go with Picard S3.  It's definitely worth watching

Tho I do have one suggestion for a scene that hasn't made in so far and I doubt will make it in E10.  This is not a plot spoiler, other than there are several cameos throughout the season. 

I wish somehow they would have found a way to get Crusher, Bashir, and the Emergency Medical Hologram into the same scene to play thru a "Doctor...Doctor, Doctor...Doctor" greeting skit.

• Like 3

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RochesterRob

• B-Man

• devnull

• Crap Throwing Clavin

So one thing that kinda bothered me about Picard Season 3 was the new Ship's Computer voice. 

You'd think with all the Trek roles that Majel Barrett played (Ship's Computer (TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, STV), Nurse Chapel (TOS, TAS), Luxana Troi (TNG,DS9), Number One(Pilot)), that Paramount would have enough audio samples to synthesize her voice.

Edited by devnull

RochesterRob
6 hours ago, devnull said:

So one thing that kinda bothered me about Picard Season 3 was the new Ship's Computer voice. 

You'd think with all the Trek roles that Majel Barrett played (Ship's Computer (TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, STV), Nurse Chapel (TOS, TAS), Luxana Troi (TNG,DS9), Number One(Pilot)), that Paramount would have enough audio samples to synthesize her voice.

I'm guessing that her voice as with any other actor is protected by copyright laws.  That her heirs would see to protect and even exploit if given the opportunity.  I explored the notion of an expanded The Doomsday Machine segment for its 50 th anniversary.  A definite hangup would have been William Windom's estate for using any material not already expressly created for that property.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm guessing that her voice as with any other actor is protected by copyright laws.  That her heirs would see to protect and even exploit if given the opportunity.  I explored the notion of an expanded The Doomsday Machine segment for its 50 th anniversary.  A definite hangup would have been William Windom's estate for using any material not already expressly created for that property.

A valid point, however in addition to the roles that I listed above, Majel Barrett had another role in the Trek Universe

She was also Gene Riddenberrys wife, so her estate already has deep ties to Paramount

RochesterRob

I've been trying to catch a fair amount of TNG lately in an attempt to tackle it for a review episode by episode.  I know we still have several TOS episodes left to do but my time and honestly my ambition have been lacking lately.  I would like to restart having a fair amount of enthusiasm with me.  The last several TOS efforts felt like a chore which I think hurt the quality a little.  If anybody would like to volunteer just let me know so there is some coordination.  

• Like 1

RochesterRob
12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not only that but Garth was one kinky guy who did not mind other guys banging his woman.  Unless he was actually into the Andorian.

• Haha 1

Strange New Worlds S02E02 isn't a Star Trek episode.  It's an episode of JAG 👎

And it's woke 👎

The pair of 👎amplify one another into an overall rating of 👎👎👎

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Deranged Rhino
On 7/24/2023 at 11:01 AM, devnull said:

Strange New Worlds S02E07, crossover episode with Lower Decks, is definitely worth watching

Lots of friends on both shows - was VERY interested to see how it turned out and it was more fun than I hoped. 

• Like 4

On 7/27/2023 at 4:13 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Lots of friends on both shows - was VERY interested to see how it turned out and it was more fun than I hoped. 

Ask your friends on Strange New Worlds to please not do any more musicals 💩

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...