• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RochesterRob

• B-Man

• devnull

• Crap Throwing Clavin

I have met someone connected with the remastering of ST:TOS. Besides fixing the  visuals they redid the music and sound effects.  If you watch the beginning when the credits come on, I met the singer of the Ahh...Ahh... She is an opera singer  named Elin Carlson in LA.

She has appeared on a Malcom in the Middle and did the  opera like singing for Jeff Lyne  (of ELO) when they used his "Mister Blue Sky"   for a car commercial(might have been  BMW). She does geocaching (my hobby).Met her at the world "convention" for it one year and also when she came to town with her acapella group  "Beethoven's Wig"  where she and 4 other singers put words to operatic music for kids. Example- Beethoven 5th- "Beethoven's wig, is very big".

Edited by Wacka
  • Like 3

Was watching Emergency! today and they had an episode that was probably a spinoff attempt. Gage and Depot go to SF for a convention and they ride along with firemen there.Show was one of the last of the series (probably 1979). They call into the hospital and the doc that answers is John  DeLacie!  (Q). Was expecting him to just snap his fingers and make the patient well!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 2:00 PM, Wacka said:

Was watching Emergency! today and they had an episode that was probably a spinoff attempt. Gage and Depot go to SF for a convention and they ride along with firemen there.Show was one of the last of the series (probably 1979). They call into the hospital and the doc that answers is John  DeLacie!  (Q). Was expecting him to just snap his fingers and make the patient well!

I remember one summer I recognized Q on whatever soap opera my Mom was watching.

I also remember he had a recurring role on Stargate SG1 as a nefarious government agent (eventually taken over by a Gould) and later Breaking Bad as the father of Jesse's girlfriend and cause of an airplane crash.

According Wiki, he also had a a role as "Officer" on the original Battlestar Galactica

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Is Paramount Feuding with William Shatner? 

“The exclusion of James T. Kirk in modern ‘Star Trek’ marketing is yet another example of efforts to diminish Shatner’s contribution and to emasculate strong male characters on television and at the movies.”

1) Nobody likes you all that much, Bill.  You're not that marketable.

2) You're better off, not associating Kirk with Paramount's post-modern woke deconstructive bullshit Star Trek vehicles.

Nouseforaname
14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

1) Nobody likes you all that much, Bill.  You're not that marketable.

2) You're better off, not associating Kirk with Paramount's post-modern woke deconstructive bullshit Star Trek vehicles.

They saved themselves with Star Trek Picard season 3.  It’s actually very good.

On 3/23/2023 at 11:10 PM, Nouseforaname said:

So for those who aren’t watching Picard season 3, we finally get to find out what happened to the hms bounty.

No spoilers please

I'll binge Picard S3 when Paramount+ releases Strange New World S2

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, devnull said:

No spoilers please

I'll binge Picard S3 when Paramount+ releases Strange New World S2

Worth watching? 

Nouseforaname
53 minutes ago, devnull said:

Even as awful as S1 and S2 were, I was going to watch it anyway for closure

I meant strange new worlds .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

I agree that sisko is #1 and Picard #2.  

Sisko, Picard, and Kirk (TOS) are the Trinity.  You can argue order all day.

But how do you put Janeway and Michael Burnham ahead of Kirk?  They even have Tryla Scott ahead of Kirk.  She was in one episode of TNG (Conspiracy) and was controlled by an alien parasite

I like Strange New Worlds and am fan of Anson Mount from his days on Hell on Wheels, but no way you can rate Pike above Kirk

And while the first three seasons of Enterprise were sub par, that fourth season was solid so how do you leave off Archer?

Edited by devnull

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, devnull said:

Sisko, Picard, and Kirk (TOS) are the Trinity.  You can argue order all day.

But how do you put Janeway and Michael Burnham ahead of Kirk?  They even have Tryla Scott ahead of Kirk.  She was in one episode of TNG (Conspiracy) and was controlled by an alien parasite

I like Strange New Worlds and am fan of Anson Mount from his days on Hell on Wheels, but no way you can rate Pike above Kirk

And while the first three seasons of Enterprise were sub par, that fourth season was solid so how do you leave off Archer?

Not disagreeing with you.  

For me it was sisko, Picard, Kirk, archer, pike and jellicho.

I enjoyed enterprise, I just hated the last episode.