Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Should be Headlines of the Day

Cinga

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, B-Man said:

This is the position in which parents find themselves in their relationship with teachers’ unions.

Parents don't have a relationship with teachers' unions.  Teachers do.  The implication, of any kind, that teachers' unions represent parents' interests at all is the second-biggest problem with how the teachers' unions are viewed.

(The biggest problem is the implication that teachers' unions represent teachers' interests.  &#%$ing parasites.)

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

@Deranged Rhino Any thoughts or comments?

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

@Deranged Rhino Any thoughts or comments?

A lot... I’ll expound when I get my coffee in the morning, but the article nails the current environment. The decisions being made, the justifications for those decisions just get more baffling by day. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A lot... I’ll expound when I get my coffee in the morning, but the article nails the current environment. The decisions being made, the justifications for those decisions just get more baffling by day. 

Maybe make a new post?

After reading that... seems to me what happened to comedy is going to happen in Hollywood. People too afraid to open their mouths at the risk of offending someone. Someone in that article said that what is happening is leading to more money? For some reason, I doubt it. While 2020 and 2021 were tough for movies, I will be interested to see how this "woke" impacts box office going forward.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Congratulations on your new status as a Non-Binary, Gay, Black, Queer Female of color. Just remember that anyone who disputes your status is a transphobic racist.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Deranged Rhino
57 minutes ago, Koko said:

Congratulations on your new status as a Non-Binary, Gay, Black, Queer Female of color. Just remember that anyone who disputes your status is a transphobic racist.

Almost word for word what my mom told me over the holidays. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 6

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, Koko said:

Just remember that anyone who disputes your status is a transphobic racist.

Among other things.

I really have to bring a "Magic Intersectionality 8-Ball" to market.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Your Skin Doesn’t Need Skin Care. It can do everything it needs to do by itself.

Uncovering Sparta - Mythological home of Helen, war-making polis of Leonidas and now a modest municipality: the city is a palimpsest

Get rid of all competition?  Be careful what you wish for

The Perils of Noncitizen Voting. New York City’s new law could become a fiasco.

Global Economy Heading For "Mother Of All" Supply Chain Shocks As China Locks Down Ports

Progressives warn Biden to "forgive" student loans... or else

If The Republican Party Refuses To Learn From The Trump Era, Winning In 2022 Will Mean Nothing

Gallup: Teachers, judges among those to hit new lows with image ratings

Run, Hillary, run! Two Democrats say it’s time for Clinton 2024

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Your Skin Doesn’t Need Skin Care. It can do everything it needs to do by itself.

sounds just like one's immune system

it doesn't need no stinkin jab to fight  off a virus!

just don't compromise your immune system to the point it doesn't function by depriving it of key ingredients body 

https://slate.com/technology/2022/01/skincare-science-cleansing-dermatology-truth.html

The notion that skin care products are largely unnecessary isn’t new. “Commercials tell us to remove the oil from our skin with soap, and then to moisturize with lotion,” wrote physician and public health expert James Hamblin in a 2016 article for the Atlantic on how he quit showering “Evolutionarily, why would we be so disgusting that we need constant cleaning? And constant moisturizing and/or de-oiling?”

“[S]kin has withstood millions of years of evolution without the aid of tinctures and balms,” agreed Krithika Varagur in a 2018 piece for the Outline, arguing that pummeling your face with ingredients is “violence” and “perfect skin” is unattainable anyway.

Even dermatologists concur. “Most skin-care products are kind of a scam,” said Jules Lipoff, an assistant professor of dermatology at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, in a 2019 article for the Philadelphia Inquirer. “The beauty industry plays upon our insecurities, superstitions, and our tendency to enjoy the complicated.”

Despite what marketing campaigns may say, your routine need not involve multiple bottles of various actives—or even a single fancy cleanser. You can count on your own body to produce most of what your skin needs by itself.

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

sounds just like one's immune system

it doesn't need no stinkin jab to fight  off a virus!

just don't compromise your immune system to the point it doesn't function by depriving it of key ingredients body 

https://slate.com/technology/2022/01/skincare-science-cleansing-dermatology-truth.html

The notion that skin care products are largely unnecessary isn’t new. “Commercials tell us to remove the oil from our skin with soap, and then to moisturize with lotion,” wrote physician and public health expert James Hamblin in a 2016 article for the Atlantic on how he quit showering “Evolutionarily, why would we be so disgusting that we need constant cleaning? And constant moisturizing and/or de-oiling?”

“[S]kin has withstood millions of years of evolution without the aid of tinctures and balms,” agreed Krithika Varagur in a 2018 piece for the Outline, arguing that pummeling your face with ingredients is “violence” and “perfect skin” is unattainable anyway.

Even dermatologists concur. “Most skin-care products are kind of a scam,” said Jules Lipoff, an assistant professor of dermatology at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, in a 2019 article for the Philadelphia Inquirer. “The beauty industry plays upon our insecurities, superstitions, and our tendency to enjoy the complicated.”

Despite what marketing campaigns may say, your routine need not involve multiple bottles of various actives—or even a single fancy cleanser. You can count on your own body to produce most of what your skin needs by itself.

Dry skin...smallpox...same &#%$ing thing to you.

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Dry skin...smallpox...same &#%$ing thing to you.

the uncompromised human body and immune system have survived for thousands of years -

so yeah 

• Like 1

Djokovic Actually the Big Winner in Australia—and So Are We

IT’S COME TO THIS: Scientists Studying Privilege, Inequality in Animal Kingdom.

The Murdering Of Free Speech In America

Disrupting the One-Note Tune of CRT

UK Planning To Ditch Its Own Draconian Lockdown Measures By March…

Two More Contributions On The Impossibility Of Electrifying Everything Using Only Wind, Solar And Batteries

Despite work-from-home worries, Manhattan office real estate is doing just fine

New Photos Show Ashli Babbitt Tried to Stop Protesters from Entering Pelosi’s Lobby — Was Shot Dead by Lt. Mike Byrd in Cold Blood Moments Later

Maxine Waters Turns On Fellow Dems, Says They’re Racist And Hate Blacks…

Brit Hume calls SERIOUS bullsh*t on Democrats claiming they’re fighting for ‘voting rights’

Democrats Remain Disturbingly Fond of Islamic Terrorists

Glenn Youngkin Wastes No Time Delivering on Election Promises

MASSIVE SHIFT FROM DEMS TO GOP

Also,  U.S. Political Party Preferences Shifted Greatly During 2021

MSNBC Contributor Says Manchin and Sinema ‘Are the White People’ MLK Jr. ‘Warned Us About’

Damn Everyone to Hell: Here's An MSNBC Rant For the Ages

Jewish Democratic gubernatorial candidate compares Florida Gov. DeSantis to Hitler

• Cheers 1

On 1/19/2022 at 9:32 AM, B-Man said:

I has to click this WTF story didn't I? But I do like the summary.... 

In other words, a bunch of woke nerds discovered the survival instinct and natural selection. Their findings include examples of "species that share resources such as territory, tools, and shelter between generations." For instance, baby red grouse who aren't abandoned by their fathers "are more likely to succeed in establishing their own territories." Baby squirrels whose mothers hoard food for winter "are much more likely to survive until the spring." No shit.

• Like 2

If Omicron Creates Herd Immunity, Then What?

Starbucks Drops COVID Vaccine and Testing Requirements for Employees

Hong Kong to Kill 2,000 Pets as Chinese Authorities Blame COVID-19 Spread on Imported Animals, Packages

RCP:  Throwback Thursday—In 1978, Federal Study Concludes Obese People Eat More Than Non-Obese

Never piss off a Mama Bear 

Our Woke Decadent Culture Can't Create Anything New

NYC Mayor: Even I don't feel safe on the subway

Theodore Roosevelt statue removed from American Museum of Natural History

TSA Says It Will Accept Arrest Warrants as ID for Illegal Aliens at Airports

Schumer Suffers Crushing Defeat on Filibuster, as Manchin and Sinema Stand Firm

VIRGINIA’S “NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN”

The January 6 Narrative is Starting to Unravel

Durham vs. Horowitz: Tension Over Truth and Consequences Grips the FBI's Trump-Russia Reckoning

How long can the corpse be held up at the Party?

The Dems’ Total War On Republicans Has Totally Backfired

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

key scientists are about to push the lab leak explanation with 70-80% certainty

$50 million later from Fauci,  they are publishing papers pushing the wet market crap 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/scientists-who-were-instrumental-to-covid-19-natural-origins-narrative-received-over-50-million-in-niaid-funding-in-2020-2021_4220769.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=ZeroHedge

Scientists Who Were Instrumental to COVID-19 ‘Natural Origins’ Narrative Received Over $50 Million in NIAID Funding in 2020-2021

While it is not known at this point whether there was a connection between the increased funding and the scientists’ involvement in shaping the public natural origins narrative, these new revelations raise an obvious question: How is it that among the thousands of scientists eligible to participate in the much-desired funding from the eleven grants provided by Fauci’s new $82 million CREID initiative, three of those chosen happened to be the same individuals who had led the way in promoting Fauci’s natural origins narrative—despite their private concerns that the virus had been created in a lab.

During the Feb. 1, 2020, teleconference, Andersen claimed to be “60 to 70 percent sure the virus came from a laboratory.” One of Andersen’s Proximal Origin co-authors, Edward Holmes, put that figure even higher, at “80 percent.”

Garry, who told the senior members of Fauci’s teleconference group that he “really can’t think of a plausible natural scenario where you get from the bat virus” to SARS-CoV-2, received $7 million in NIAID grants in 2020 as compared to $5.7 million in 2019. Garry also received $6.6 million in grants in 2021. The new CREID grant (co-awarded with Andersen) accounted for approximately $1.9 million of his 2020 grant proceeds and $1.8 million of his grant proceeds in 2021.

Notably, Garry recently admitted in written correspondence with The Intercept that he had been advised not to discuss a lab leak in the Proximal Origin paper, stating, “The major feedback we got from the Feb 1 teleconference was: 1. Don’t try to write a paper at all—it’s unnecessary or 2. If you do write it, don’t mention a lab origin as that will just add fuel to the conspiracists.”

Garry—along with Andersen—must have heeded that directive because on Feb. 1, 2020, the same day as Fauci’s teleconference, both men had helped to complete the first draft of Proximal Origin promoting the idea that the virus had originated in nature. That paper became the media’s and the public health establishment’s go-to evidence for a natural origin for the virus.

• Cheers 2

How connected fitness became the new obsession. Investors may be cooling on the at-home exercise business, but it has changed the way millions work out

The fit and famous. To strive, to struggle, to sweat, is to be human

China: What does single woman do after work? 

Imperial College London’s Cancel Campaign Against Its Own Founders

Protect the kids from feeling "unsettled" 

Data, data, everywhere. A new major in data science helps undergrads make sense of it all.

Campus Double Standards and the Need to Protect Jewish and Zionist Students

Kling's summary:  Keeping up with the FITs

There’s a reason for the chaos that controls within the Democrat party

More "overperforming?" After Keystone XL cancelation, we're now importing more oil from Russia

The US Must Prepare for War Against Russia Over Ukraine. If Putin is not deterred from seizing another chunk of sovereign territory, he won’t stop there.

The decision of the Biden administration to arrange for the payment of Iran’s dues at the United Nations is being described to us as “a staggering act of appeasement.

• Cheers 2