Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

1 minute ago, Meazza said:

Didn’t get political? Have you seen what has happened to Alberta?

Yes but they have come around. It's not their fault their Premier is an idiot. It still never got to the levels that you see in the US. 

29 minutes ago, Meazza said:

Didn’t get political? Have you seen what has happened to Alberta?

Yes but they are an outlier and there leader is an idiot. Once things got out of control they have fixed things. I'm more talking about everyday regular people. More people seem to be accepting of the vaccine in Canada. It's why we have such a high vaccination rate. 

8 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1276332

It's roughly the same amount of kids for both the flu and Covid. The difference is that 60% of young kids get the flu vaccine which helps keep them from getting seriously ill. I know just give them ivermectin cause it works. Right right 🤣

Once again, show the statistics, not an NBC story. 

It should be very simple if the case is so cut and dry, no?

8 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I will say this, I thought this site was going to be a breath of fresh air. Turns out the same political rhetoric is here too. 

You made a declarative statement.  You were asked several times t back it up with data.  you didn't.

This is how this site works.  If you come in and claim something, it's expected that you back up your statements.

So, once again, please tell us where Rogan was misleading his listeners?   Or did you throw a hissy fit because he challenged a non-scientific mandate?

7 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

If he knows so much about the subject he would know that cases are rising in young people. It is a concern. 

I'll throw you a bone because you're a newbie still.  Please enlighten me on the rising pediatric cases that require vaccinations based on this data.  Not from a news article.  Primary source DATA

Percentage of hospitalizations by age and total hospitalizations.  Why did the hospitalizations peak in early summer?  Why aren't they skyrocketing as schools reopened?  A slight bump is surely not the apocalypse that happened if you only read the news.  Go to the underlying data, which tells you a much different story.

image.thumb.png.77a0420a823a79268832c65f08fd75fd.png

image.thumb.png.3b5f5f30374d682940fbcb230b5c64eb.png

7 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I did post stuff from the article. People have no issue get kids the flu vaccine and it's shown to help with hospitalizations in kids. It's the same with the Covid vaccine, yet so many are against it. 

You say “so many are against” the Covid vaccine.  Just to clarify, you said 60% of kids get the flu vaccine.  That’s about the same number for people getting the Covid shots.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

You say “so many are against” the Covid vaccine.  Just to clarify, you said 60% of kids get the flu vaccine.  That’s about the same number for people getting the Covid shots.

60% of kids get the flu vaccine a year which helps keep most kids out of the hospital. When it's suggested they get the Covid vaccine to do the same there is an outrage. 

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

60% of kids get the flu vaccine a year which helps keep most kids out of the hospital. When it's suggested they get the Covid vaccine to do the same there is an outrage. 

The main difference being is there are no flu vaccine mandates.  Even though the flu is much more dangerous for the younger population. 

But you know that, and ignore it.  

5 minutes ago, GG1 said:

The main difference being is there are no flu vaccine mandates.  Even though the flu is much more dangerous for the younger population. 

But you know that, and ignore it.  

There is no Covid vaccine mandate for kids either. My point is the vaccine works in slowing the spread of Covid. IMO the mode people that get it the better. 

My question to you, are you against the mandates for adults too? 

24 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

There is no Covid vaccine mandate for kids either. My point is the vaccine works in slowing the spread of Covid. IMO the mode people that get it the better. 

You may want to alert Governor haircut that there are no vaccine mandates for kids.

24 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

My question to you, are you against the mandates for adults too? 

I am against vaccine mandates for adults.  If the case is so cut and dried, the vaccine should sell itself.   

Is vaccination better protection for people who survived Covid? 

11 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I will say this, I thought this site was going to be a breath of fresh air. Turns out the same political rhetoric is here too. 

Breath of fresh air? What does that mean, exactly?  Does that mean people need to agree with your point of view and are not entitled to their own?

3 minutes ago, GG1 said:

You may want to alert Governor haircut that there are no vaccine mandates for kids.

I am against vaccine mandates for adults.  If the case is so cut and dried, the vaccine should sell itself.   

Is vaccination better protection for people who survived Covid? 

When the vaccines first came out I believe the people in charge were hoping the vaccine would sell itself. It didn't sell itself. Not enough people chose to get vaccinated on their own. 

Look at Canada, I know smaller population, but we are sitting at 83% of those over 12 are fully vaccinated. Majority of that was people voluntarily got it. IMO had the US had high numbers like that then we wouldn't be in this situation. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

Breath of fresh air? What does that mean, exactly?  Does that mean people need to agree with your point of view and are not entitled to their own?

I was expecting Covid to maybe less polical here. Thanks to Orange man, here we are. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jrb1979 said:

I was expecting Covid to maybe less polical here. Thanks to Orange man, here we are. 

Sure, that wasn't a political statement at all!  Gee, I wonder why Covid turned political? :classic_dry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Sure, that wasn't a political statement at all!  Gee, I wonder why Covid turned political? :classic_dry:

My honest opinion is that Covid has handled poorly since the start. Never taken seriously and now you have the mah freedom group all up in arms. IMO it's why there is so much infighting. 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

When the vaccines first came out I believe the people in charge were hoping the vaccine would sell itself. It didn't sell itself. Not enough people chose to get vaccinated on their own. 

Look at Canada, I know smaller population, but we are sitting at 83% of those over 12 are fully vaccinated. Majority of that was people voluntarily got it. IMO had the US had high numbers like that then we wouldn't be in this situation. 

You seem to lack the capacity of independent analysis of data outside of what you read in the news.   Congratulations.

US protection against Covid is probably higher than Canada, because Canada never really went through the first wave like the US had.  When you consider the number of fully vaxxed and recovered people in the US, the number is easily past 85%, and is the major driver of cases falling dramatically now.  

Mandating vaccines when the virus is in a serious retreat is dumb, and is not being done for medical or scientific reasons.

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I didn't know that data had a color associated with it.  

3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

My honest opinion is that Covid has handled poorly since the start. Never taken seriously and now you have the mah freedom group all up in arms. IMO it's why there is so much infighting. 

Hey, when they ask you to turn in your neighbors and family for "reeducation" and start passing out gold stars, you might think back about the "mah freedom group" and how right they were to fight this mandate. This is a slippery slope.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Ann said:

Hey, when they ask you to turn in your neighbors and family for "reeducation" and start passing out gold stars, you might think back about the "mah freedom group" and how right they were to fight this mandate.

I'm all for the mandates. Have been since day 1. I'm glad the Bills and Sabres put in the proof of vaccination to go to games. I have little respect for the mah freedom group. Getting vaccinated has nothing to do with your freedom. To be able to go to sporting events is a privilege. 

• Doh! 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

I'm all for the mandates. Have been since day 1. I'm glad the Bills and Sabres put in the proof of vaccination to go to games. I have little respect for the mah freedom group. Getting vaccinated has nothing to do with your freedom. To be able to go to sporting events is a privilege. 

In today's polarized world, vaccination status has everything to do with freedom.

Why did you get vaccinated?

• Like 1