Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/fda-concedes-on-ivermectin-yet-deeper-concerns-exist-5613288?utm_source=healthnoe&src_src=healthnoe&utm_campaign=health-2024-03-29&src_cmp=health-2024-03-29&utm_medium=email&est=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbOgkJEpUneHL474Nv3ZNRbp%2F31%2FyqHFiK9b24IczW9b5GA0%3D

Ivermectin also has proven broad-spectrum antiviral activity against various types of RNA viruses, including AIDS, dengue fever, West Nile, Zika, influenza, yellow fever, and Japanese encephalitis.

When a virus enters a human cell, it is carried by a vehicle-like transporter to replicate inside the cell and spread throughout the body. Ivermectin has the ability to block the function of this transporter, thereby preventing the virus from replicating and spreading.

At the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, its safety and multifunctionality attracted global attention.

USE IN TREATING COVID-19

When a new viral outbreak occurs, scientists typically test existing drugs for efficacy, as developing new drugs within a short timeframe is often impossible. An example of this is SARS-CoV-2.

Scientists considered using ivermectin as a potential solution, and it proved to be effective, resulting in one success after another.

In mid-2020, Australian scientists found that ivermectin could effectively fight against SARS-CoV-2. Two days after adding ivermectin to a cell model, the virus RNA dropped to 0.001 percent, a 5,000-fold reduction.

In September 2020, a U.S. lab published a modeling study showing that ivermectin docks to the SARS-CoV-2 spike receptor-binding domain, prohibiting the virus from attaching to human cells, thus stopping its infection. A lab in Bangladesh found a similar effect.

In June 2021, an Indian review used artificial intelligence-brd and molecular dynamics simulation-brd studies and reached a conclusion that ivermectin is a potential treatment for COVID-19.

It has also demonstrated efficacy in specific human studies.

A large-scale prospective clinical observational study in Brazil that included 159,561 residents found that administering ivermectin at a dose of 0.2 mg/kg for two consecutive days every 15 days significantly reduced infection, mortality, and hospitalization during the Omicron epidemic period. The study showed that treatment with ivermectin was associated with a decrease of 44 percent, 68 percent, and 56 percent in infection, mortality, and hospitalization rates, respectively, as compared to the non-treatment control group.

Another analysis of the same study setting, brd on 88,012 subjects, showed that regular use of ivermectin for 150 days was linked with an even greater effect on COVID-19, reducing the infection, mortality, and hospitalization rates by 49 percent, 92 percent, and 100 percent, compared to non-users.

These observational studies have a strict level of control and exclude the bias from confounding factors in treated and non-treated groups, presenting an advantage over randomized controlled trials (RCT).

Furthermore, a real-time meta-analysis of 101 studies indicated significant improvement using ivermectin treatment, with a 62 percent improvement for early treatment.

If a drug has treatment potential and is relatively safe, doctors should be allowed to use it off-label as long as they follow the correct human dosage.

I started taking Ivermectin prophylactically about 2 years ago, 12mg once week and haven't so much as had the sniffles since. A great side effect, arthritis in my knees had gotten pretty bad but now that too is gone.... I mean totally gone 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Spartacus
9 hours ago, Cinga said:

I started taking Ivermectin prophylactically about 2 years ago, 12mg once week and haven't so much as had the sniffles since. A great side effect, arthritis in my knees had gotten pretty bad but now that too is gone.... I mean totally gone 

You must have horse genes

11 hours ago, Spartacus said:

You must have horse genes

Nor sure, you'd have to ask my vet.... :chuckle:

:sarcasm:

• Haha 2

Not Covid but the H5N1 flu virus. This article calls it "Highly Contagious" with the first case in 2022 and now the second case in Texas? Can someone define highly contagious for me please, I must be missing something?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/rare-human-case-highly-contagious-bird-flu-confirmed-texas

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Monday that a person in Texas has tested positive for highly pathogenic avian influenza, otherwise known as H5N1 bird flu.

"This person had exposure to dairy cattle in Texas presumed to be infected with HPAI A(H5N1) viruses. The patient reported eye redness (consistent with conjunctivitis), as their only symptom, and is recovering," the CDC said in a statement. "The patient was told to isolate and is being treated with an antiviral drug for flu."

The CDC said this is the second case of a human testing positive for H5N1 in the United States, after a previous case was observed in Colorado in 2022.

• Haha 1

CarpetCrawler
2 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I think I have a bird in my stomach. Had chicken 🍗 last night

is it a bird that flew?

mead107
5 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

is it a bird that flew?

No ran right down my throat. 🤪🥸🐣

• Haha 1

CarpetCrawler
2 minutes ago, mead107 said:

No ran right down my throat. 🤪🥸🐣

Thank God you're safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 hours ago, Cinga said:

Not Covid but the H5N1 flu virus. This article calls it "Highly Contagious" with the first case in 2022 and now the second case in Texas? Can someone define highly contagious for me please, I must be missing something?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/rare-human-case-highly-contagious-bird-flu-confirmed-texas

The headline's wrong.  "Pathogenic" (ability to cause illness) does not mean "contagious" (ability to be transmitted), but some moron editor thought it did when they wrote the headline.

• Like 2

devnull
5 hours ago, mead107 said:

I think I have a bird in my stomach. Had chicken 🍗 last night

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

The next plague: grandchildren.

I wonder if kids have spike proteins?

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

From the Newsweek article

The bacterium Streptococcus pneumoniae, or pneumococcus, is a common and contagious microorganism responsible for a range of mild and severe infections, including pneumonia, meningitis and sepsis. Pneumococcal infections mainly affect young children and the elderly, claiming almost two million lives every year.

Kinda like Covid did? Wonder which they plan to get rid of, the kids or the grandparents?

• Like 1

Gavin in Va Beach
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's nature's way, the young get rid of the old. Cycle of life baby!

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I can tell you that if I am around young kids who are sick, I am guaranteed to get whatever they have. My wife gets sick, I have nothing to worry about. It has always been like this for me.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, Cinga said:

Wonder which they plan to get rid of, the kids or the grandparents?

The kids may one day be grandparents themselves, if the issue isn't nipped in the bud.

• Like 2

Spartacus

what happened to the VAERS system as the wonderful tracker of all things bad with jabs?

While the CDC rarely follows up on VAERS entries, I guess they didn't even want any of the adverse event entries to be public, so created a better way to bury the problems that should have terminated the jab program.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/cdc-releases-hidden-covid-19-vaccine-injury-reports-5617872?utm_source=healthnoe&src_src=healthnoe&utm_campaign=health-2024-04-05&src_cmp=health-2024-04-05&utm_medium=email&est=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbOgkJEpUneHL474Nv3ZNRbp%2F31%2FyqHFiK9b24IczW9b5GA0%3D

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has released previously hidden reports of facial paralysis and other adverse events following COVID-19 vaccination.

The 780,000 reports were received shortly after the COVID-19 vaccines were rolled out and show that people experienced a wide range of post-vaccination problems, including heart inflammation, miscarriages, and seizures.

People lodged the reports with V-safe, a text-message system created by the CDC to monitor for possible side effects of COVID-19 vaccines.

The fact that a lawsuit was needed to compel the production of the V-safe data “is yet another shameful chapter in the decades-long history of federal health officials trying to cover up vaccine risks by ignoring patterns of vaccine reaction symptoms in reports made to the government,” Barbara Loe Fisher, co-founder and president of the National Vaccine Information Center, told The Epoch Times after reviewing the new data.

“When people report the same symptoms over and over again after getting a biological product—in this case ’shortness of breath‘ and ’heart palpitations,' which are both symptoms of myocarditis, that has been causally linked to mRNA COVID shots—the public should be warned, not kept in the dark. It raises questions about what else government health officials are hiding.”

Crap Throwing Clavin

Still don't have the first clue what VAERS actually is, do you...

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Look, I'm skeptical of anti-virals in general, simply because viruses are very difficult things to combat.  You can't block their mechanisms at a cellular level like bacteria; you have to interrupt their mechanisms at a much lower molecular level, which is very difficult.

But all the same...whoever wrote that nonsense above either didn't understand or didn't read Pfizer's research.

• Like 2